Atheism Simplified

Author: RaymondSheen

Total: 77
RaymondSheen
Debates: 0
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
Science wasn't created, it was discovered.
By who?

And was so long before the events the bible describes.
Before the creation of the universe science, a method of investigation of the natural world, was was discovered?

It is only in recent ages that we have truly embraced its power.
Oh, I see. The same power as religion.

Then can you provide an updated version of the bible?

All Bibles are updeated versions. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
Take two. 

By who?

Before the creation of the natural world, science, a method of investigation of the natural world, was discovered?

That's like the vaccine for Covid being patented before Covid. 

Then can you provide an updated version of the bible?

All Bibles are updated versions. 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@RaymondSheen
By who?
Humanity.

Before the creation of the universe science, a method of investigation of the natural world, was was discovered?
I'm talking about the stories in the bible, such as the resurrection. Genesis isn't the only event.

Pretty much, we just shifted from believing whatever we were told because it was in an old book to figuring things out on our own.

That's like the vaccine for Covid being patented before Covid. 
How?

All Bibles are updated versions. 
Who updated them and when?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Double_R
Pretty much, we just shifted from believing whatever we were told because it was in an old book to figuring things out on our own.
Not really. We only graduated from scrolls to digital devices. The principle is unchanged. 

How?
You don't put the cart before the horse. The video I linked to includes several links to some of the patents in question. I'm not going to transcribe, so you can skip to 18:00-23:23 of the video, though the entire video deals with the related subject, the point being that the power of science you mentioned isn't really different than religion due to its obviously having been corrupted and abused for apparent reasons, pretty much the same. Dogmatic adherence of science is more destructive than even the same for religion.

Who updated them and when?
Anyone producing a Bible translation. How would you suspect it being done? 

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen
There is only ONE God. 

The God of the Bible. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I like thinking about , ( Theistic members of jury. ) 
And the way you can use that. 
Like. 
How the victim asked you to have gay sex with him before the incident occured.
Theists would be like , oh . He was a homosexual. Wellllllll maybe he deserved it. 

It took me months of thinking about arguments  with theistic members in a jury. 
Then , bammmmmmmmm. 
I thought about atheistic members in a jury . 
There are probably more ways to use this to advantage or disadvantaged. 
Thus.
I hate thinking about .
A jury with atheists and theists in it. 

With atheists jurors. 
You'd just have to keep adding. 
( Remember,  if  there is any doubt WHAT SO EVER , you can't say guilty. ) 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Tradesecret
So, here's a list to start with. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen
So, here's a list to start with. 
Yeah / No. 

I will stick with the Bible. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen wrote : So, here's a list to start with. 

Tradesecret wrote: I will stick with the Bible. 

This will be the same bible that you believe is full of "words that mean nothing"? or the bible that you say "can't cause anyone to do anything"? Or the bible of  a  Christian religious belief that you believe "should be banned"?
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Tradesecret
Well, okay, here's a list of the gods in the Bible

Kind of a lame list because they confuse various words for god/s as personal name of specific gods, which is, retarded, but whatever. It's a start. Plus, it doesn't mention men and mundane objects being called gods. 

People are so stupid. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
This will be the same bible that you believe is full of "words that mean nothing"? or the bible that you say "can't cause anyone to do anything"? Or the bible of  a  Christian religious belief that you believe "should be banned"?
At first, I thought you were directing this to @Tradesecret but maybe not?

Words have various meanings, of course, they evolve and they are prone to various specific applications. God means mighty/venerated and is applied to men, spirit beings, objects. People, places, things. Soul means to bind, but is applied to the Hebrew/Greek words that mean breather. The pagan and Biblical differ in that respect. Hell in English means covered or concealed. The pagan is applied to an underground place the Biblical is applied to the grave/pit. Burial. 

So, the words in the Bible meaning nothing isn't at all the way I feel about it. 

Sceptics often say that the Biblical text said the snake talked and I agree. It does say that, but you can't read one small portion of the Bible and assume that it means what it says. It gives you the story from other people's perspectives. In this instance, Eve's perspective. 

Similar examples of the Bible saying something that wasn't true is the Balaam's ass but also in the case where it appears that Samuel's "spirit" is summoned by the witch of En-dor, where the cowardly scouts sent out came back and said the Nephilim were in the land. Sometimes the Bible even gives details of earlier events using references that didn't exist at that time. For example, at Genesis 3:24 the cherubs use a flaming blade of a sword to prevent Adam and Eve from returning. No such thing existed. At Genesis 2:10-14 the geographical details of Eden are given with reference to one river "to the East of Assyria" when Assyria certainly didn't exist then. But it was familiar to the reader who was reading it much later.

This is why you have to know the entire Bible before you start hacking at it like a blind woodsman. 

That the Bible "can't cause anyone to do anything" isn't a sentiment of mine. It can cause (a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition) all sorts of actions. Good or bad, but that doesn't necessarily reflect intent upon its writers. Much the same as JD Salinger probably didn't intend to cause all of the things done by people who read Catcher in the Rye. 

Banned. Yeah, well - I mean did I say that here? See, this may be directed at Trade, but similar to my own opinion, which isn't likely to be especially controversial. There are a lot of believers who reject the traditional apostate mainstream Christendom. I would ban all organized religion due to its financial incentive for abuse. Organized religion is big business and big business corrupts. The same with everything. Politics, art, fashion. But really to say that it should be banned is unnecessary because I would ban money before anything. That would dissolve the incentive. People looking to corrupt religion, politics, art, music, etc. wouldn't be incentivized if the incentive were removed. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
>>>This will be the same bible that you believe is full of "words that mean nothing"? or the bible that you say "can't cause anyone to do anything"? Or the bible of  a  Christian religious belief that you believe "should be banned"<<

At first, I thought you were directing this to @Tradesecret but maybe not?
It was directed it towards that contradictory clown the Reverend Tradesecret . And I don't think that I could have made it more clear that I was.
You mention a "list"#67 and he mentions "the Bible" > #68 that he prefers to "stick to". 

All the above  in arrows >>> /<<<are direct   comments and statements  made by the Reverend Tradesecret  in the past concerning his own beliefs concerning the BIBLE". 
AND-
I didn't refer to your "list" at all. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RaymondSheen
Well, okay, here's a list of the gods in the Bible

Kind of a lame list because they confuse various words for god/s as personal name of specific gods, which is, retarded, but whatever. It's a start. Plus, it doesn't mention men and mundane objects being called gods. 

People are so stupid. 
I agree. Some people are stupid.  Do you think finding a list of all of the different names for gods mentioned in the Bible somehow proves you right?  The Bible clearly indicated that there is ONE GOD.  Yes, it refers to gods, and other spiritual beings. None of these are GOD. Most of the names for gods relate simply to stone objects or rock objects that many of the tribes in Ancient times worshiped. These are not even beings. They are objects made by man for man.  Some are possibly the names of kings or rulers that lived and were seen as divine-like. Not because they had divine powers or were divine, but because they ruled and decided how people should live. Some are possibly names given to spiritual beings that have revealed themselves from time to time.  Some are the names given to natural objects like the sun, the moon, the wind, the storm, indeed the plagues and pestilences, animals, like the frog, snake, etc. 

Much in popular books about the origin of religions and deities is true. But not all of it. But they can be quite helpful. But then we come to presuppositions and people's underlying ideologies. 

The God of the Bible also has many names. 

Yes, there is only one Creator. And there is one Redeemer. 

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Stephen
I didn't refer to your "list" at all. 
Okay. No worries. The post was, at least in some way directed at me, perhaps unintentionally, by having <<<@RaymondSheen>>> in red font. But, like I said, it doesn't matter since the "Reverend Tradesecret's" position as you present it would apply to many believers including myself. So, I gave my two cents anyway. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Im almost cloes to positive that Believing in a god has something to do with being in a religious group.

It feels like.,
If i started beliving in god tonight.
I'd know i have a big day ahead tomorrow, in looking for a religious group to join.

To clear this up . 
I'd like to know. 
What come first ?
Beliving a god thing existing. 
Orrrrrrr.  
Joining a religious group. 

Believing in a god thing looks soooo easy. .
( for example.  ) 
For The next 10 seconds , im gonna believe in God. 
I'll  fucking do it. 
Are you ready .
Starting NOW. 
And a 9 .
And a8 
7.,and a .6.
And 5 
And a 4 .
And a 3 
2 and a muthef fucking one. 
' catches breath' 

Thanks .
Thank you guys. 

What i experienced.  
I felt safe. 
I felt it was like normal. 

Now i know im not  just tryinging to wn my cock my own horn here butttt. 
 I reckon I could probably  believe in god for like a minimum of
5 mins.

Ya don't think i could hey.?
You probably think i haven't got what it takes hey?

Guys ? 
You know im cut snake crazy . 
Dare me. 
Ill fucking do it.

( please don't make me do it. )
Back me up and say that you know i could do it please.  

EVERYONE HERE KNOWS I CAN EASILY BELIEVE IN A GOD THING FOR 5 MINS. 

See i to like to like to live life dangerously . 
Fellas? 
I could believe in a god thing for 5 whole mins.
Tell them . 

▪○°•¤▪○°¤▪○•¤▪○¤¤¤▪○°¤¤▪○°¤▪○°¤¤ ▪○°¤▪○•¤ ▪○°¤▪○• 

Part 2. ( has nothing to do with part 1) .

PART 2 ,  ISSSS.

JOIN  A RELIGIOUS GROUP for at least 5 MINUTES.   
Who.

FUCK YOU BASTARDs. ,
THATS BAT SHIT CRAZY . 
I AINT FUCKINV

Im sick of risking my life for mere theistic entertainment ,
Someons fill in for me pleae 

Beliving in god. 

Step 1.  Believing in god 
Then 
Strp 2.

Im going to have go pick up agaim then.

Its been cloes to ovd hour seinc beliving in a 

Soooo youve seen me today ,believing in. A random god . 
And other scally wag behavior.

I hope its  clear to some smart theists  what religious group i should be joining. ?
Lets give it another couple if hours hey?

What comes first .
Beliving in a god .

Or 

Being in a religious group.  

Orrrrrrr
Can anyone just tell me what is it that they have to do with one another. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RaymondSheen
The post was, at least in some way directed at me,<<<@RaymondSheen>>> in red font.

That was simply to show that I was questioning a response made to you from the contradictory clown the Reverend Tradesecret, Ray.

He says to you that he preferers to "stick with the bible" HERE> #68 rather than look at your list.

I was pointing  out to you and members here that in the past that the Reverend Clown has dismissed the bible as only a book full of "words that mean nothing"? and the bible that he says "can't cause anyone to do anything"? and the bible of  a  Christian religious belief that he believe "should be banned">>#69
I hope I have shown that clearly now, Ray.

He has claimed many things concerning the bible , Ray, only to contradict himself in the next breath. For instance he has told us the bible is "perfectly clear and unambiguous" while also telling us that " the bible  is not to be taken literally".

You are dealing with a complete and utter idiot, Ray. Enjoy it.

RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Perceptions of sexual orientation are cultural. Mary, the mother of Jesus, was 14-15 years old when Joseph was set to marry her. He was probably about 32. The reason for this is that they thought of things differently than we do today. Today we treat children as if they are innocent little idiots for as long as we can. We think it is important for them to get educated and find employment before they start to think about a family. Back then the husband trained as an apprentice until he was able to start a family, but the wife only needed to be sexually mature. Able to procreate. The Jewish tradition considers males to be men at 13. Marriage at 32 leaves a great deal of time. They didn't think of marriage like we do. It was a partnership more than the pretense of a "love" construct.

The people of ancient Israel were formed from people from the nations who practiced all sorts of sexual preferences. Homosexuality, bestiality, pedophilia, adultery, and catamites; boys devoted to homosexual prostitution in religious temples. When he formed Israel, he insisted they abstain from these practices because it wasn't the reason he created us as sexual beings. He created sex to be enjoyable between two partners, male and female, for support of the family unit and the extreme importance this was to society.

So, sexual practices are dictated by social or cultural acceptance. Deviations of the norm are considered perverse, within each culture. To us homosexual pedophilia - pederasty - is disgusting, but to the Romans, Greeks, Native Americans and others throughout time it wasn't. There are cultural reasons for that. It isn't, as it might seem, natural proclivity. In ancient Israel, then, if you wanted to freely practice outside the sexual norm, you would be much better off leaving and going to some surrounding nation where your practice was the norm. When I first became a believer, as a homosexual, I was faced with the decision myself. Either abandon sex or reject acceptable behavior before Jehovah. For a long time, I didn't have it in me to abandon that lifestyle, but eventually I decided that's what I wanted to do. 

The conflict between atheism and theism is ideological rather than theological, practical, or anything else. I once posted my usual stuff on Sam Harris's Project Reason forum and there was at that time an idiot atheist named John. He decided to flame the forum with multiple threads with subject headings in all uppercase letters proclaiming me homophobic since I believed in the Bible. When I informed him that I was homosexual he switched tactics and posted the same way with homophobic insults to me. The issue had nothing to do with homosexuality, science, God, the Bible, religion, abortion etc. ad nauseum, it was pure stupid ideology. So, on both sides, theist and atheist it's not about whatever it seems. It really is about conformity and control. Everyone rules the world in their mind. That's part of the reason I say athesits aren't atheists. They are ideologues. The same with theists. It isn't about God or no God. It's about which gods. Atheists imitate god. They are religious.