Genocide Joe finally pick$$$ Palestine over Israel.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 100
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
An aged man is but a paltry thing,
A tattered coat upon a stick, unless
Soul clap its hands and sing, and louder sing
For every tatter in its mortal dress,
Nor is there singing school but studying
Monuments of its own magnificence;
And therefore I have sailed the seas and come
To the holy city of Byzantium.

-Yeats

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@3RU7AL
I’m not sure what needs clarification. Can you be more specific about what words or phrases are unclear?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
@cristo71
[ADOL] and I won't believe it just because clearly delusional people say it.
[3RU7AL] try watching a few israeli news broadcasts

they're bragging about it

[cristo71] I have come to the conclusion that they dream of living in a world devoid of Jews and a Jewish homeland— even if it means the destruction of their own earthly lives and the lives of their children, sadly.
[3RU7AL] what are you trying to say here ?
I don't know Hebrew, but I do know English; and some people are making themselves abundantly clear:

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
I have come to the conclusion that they dream of living in a world devoid of Jews and a Jewish homeland— even if it means the destruction of their own earthly lives and the lives of their children, sadly.

I’m not sure what needs clarification. Can you be more specific about what words or phrases are unclear?
are you suggesting it's ok to slaughter all palestinians because many of them hate jews

but it's not ok to slaughter all jews because many of them hate palestinians ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I don't know Hebrew, but I do know English; and some people are making themselves abundantly clear:

how is "from the river to the sea" somehow evil when one person says it, but not when another person says it ?

wipe them off the f*ing map

orthodox jews

a balanced view
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL

how is "from the river to the sea" somehow evil when one person says it, but not when another person says it ?
That clip did not contain that phrase. Did you watch it?

I will answer the question though: "from the river to the sea" would not be evil if it was Israel because Israel doesn't exterminate muslims or arabs. Hamas does exterminate jews.

So, the whole area being under Hamas control means all the jews were killed or exiled. The inverse is not true.

Do you know the difference between this clip and the one I posted? The one I posted was referencing a quote from an actual military leader.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Do you know the difference between this clip and the one I posted? The one I posted was referencing a quote from an actual military leader.
palestine does not have a military
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
palestine does not have a military
Uh huh, just civilians with long range rocket artillery.

It was Hezbollah BTW
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I will answer the question though: "from the river to the sea" would not be evil if it was Israel because Israel doesn't exterminate muslims or arabs. Hamas does exterminate jews.
netanyahu and other members of the government have said repeatedly they will not stop bombing until every member of hamas is dead

how do you think they know who is a "member of hamas"

do they all wear uniforms ?

do they carry a special id card ?

can you perhaps x-ray their skulls to find little flags in their brains ?

also, 

they're bombing the west bank

and nobody is claiming "hamas" is in the west bank

in fact, the palestinian authority and hamas are mortal enemies and have literally killed hundreds on each side
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It was Hezbollah BTW
let's tackle hamas first
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
netanyahu and other members of the government have said repeatedly they will not stop bombing until every member of hamas is dead

how do you think they know who is a "member of hamas"

do they all wear uniforms ?

do they carry a special id card ?

can you perhaps x-ray their skulls to find little flags in their brains ?
The problem you highlight is well known. This is why uniforms existed in the first place and why the Geneva convention distinguishes between uniformed and nonuniform combatants.

This is also called guerilla warfare.

I see it as no different than using nuclear or biological weapons or strategic bombing (in quality not quantity). It gives you a strong advantage but it costs more innocent lives.

The jihadists are choosing to use that weapon, and the cost is civilians on their side. This is not Israel's fault, and all those civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan weren't the US military's fault either.

These jihadists don't think they can win with uniforms (they probably couldn't) and they are sure they are justified so they don't care if civilians die because of it.

they're bombing the west bank

and nobody is claiming "hamas" is in the west bank
Nobody sensible is claiming there aren't combatants in the west bank either. Israel has nothing to gain by bombing true civilians.

in fact, the palestinian authority and hamas are mortal enemies and have literally killed hundreds on each side
That will make for a fun time after all the jews are dead or expelled.

It was Hezbollah BTW
let's tackle hamas first
Let's not pretend Hamas is any better.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I see it as no different than using nuclear
Destruction equivalent of two nuclear bombs

According to the Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, Israel has dropped more than 25,000 tonnes of explosives on the Gaza Strip since October 7, equivalent to two nuclear bombs.

In comparison, the Little Boy nuclear bomb dropped by the United States on Hiroshima during World War II yielded 15,000 tonnes of high explosives and destroyed everything within a one-mile (1.6km) radius.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
The problem you highlight is well known. This is why uniforms existed in the first place and why the Geneva convention distinguishes between uniformed and nonuniform combatants.

The Geneva Conventions of 1949 apply to all signatory nations. They do not apply to any nation that has not signed the conventions. I cannot figure out the one nation that has not signed them as they have been signed by 194 nations of the 195 in the UN. It is not a major power - that much I have figured out.

They do not apply to non-state actors, i.e ISIS but can apply to the countries fighting them depending on the situation. If ISIS has indicated that it will apply the provisions, the Conventions would then apply to those fighting them. I do not believe that ISIS has made any statement about the Conventions though so the nations fighting them are not bound by the Conventions either.

"The Conventions apply to a signatory nation even if the opposing nation is not a signatory, but only if the opposing nation "accepts and applies the provisions" of the Conventions"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Nobody sensible is claiming there aren't combatants in the west bank either. Israel has nothing to gain by bombing true civilians.
they obviously gain territory

which is how everyone keeps score
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Let's not pretend Hamas is any better.
let's make an attempt not to conflate
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Since Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack, settlers there have killed more than 120 Palestinians and injured at least 2,000. They have forcibly expelled more than 800 Palestinians from their homes, blown up their generators and solar panels, and burned down tents of Bedouin herders.

Again: This has been going on not in Gaza but in the West Bank—which is governed by the Palestinian Authority, not by Hamas.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
they obviously gain territory
They had all that territory. They controlled down to the Suez. They gave it up in the hope of peace.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
They had all that territory. They controlled down to the Suez. They gave it up in the hope of peace.
ok, i guess that means they can kill anybody they wish
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
ok, i guess that means they can kill anybody they wish
No, it means the motivation you asserted is more or less debunked.

People looking for territory don't give it up when they've fought for it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
if they're not interested in territory

it's probably just good old-fashioned racism
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
if they're not interested in territory

it's probably just good old-fashioned racism
Isn't the simplest explanation that they're reacting to the assembly of kill squads?

You don't need to assume some form of insanity since a bunch of kill squads is exactly what attacked them on October 7th. You also don't need to explain why this supposed rampant racial hatred that doesn't manifest against arabs within firm Israeli territory (where the arabs that are content with the Israeli state live).
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Isn't the simplest explanation that they're reacting to the assembly of kill squads?

You don't need to assume some form of insanity since a bunch of kill squads is exactly what attacked them on October 7th. You also don't need to explain why this supposed rampant racial hatred that doesn't manifest against arabs within firm Israeli territory (where the arabs that are content with the Israeli state live).
In the Israeli-occupied West Bank, a group of Israeli settlers storm a Palestinian village and, captured on CCTV, a masked man sets fire to a car parked in a garage, under the watch of at least three Israeli soldiers.

The incident was part of a rampage by Israeli settlers that, according to local officials, killed four Palestinians over four days.
The violence was triggered by the disappearance of 14-year-old Binyamin Ahimeir, who went missing on Friday after leaving his settler outpost to herd sheep near the Palestinian village of Mughayir, in the Ramallah area.

His body was found a day later, and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said he had been killed in a "terrorist attack".
Amid the search for the boy, dozens of settlers, some of them armed, raided Mughayir. They burned homes and cars, and killed a 25-year-old man named Jihad Abu Alia with a shot in the chest, according to Palestinian officials. [[LINK]]

ok, so

instead of waiting for the cops to investigate and make an arrest

they just start attacking their neighbors

seems extremely reasonable and civilized

and not racist at all

where are you hearing about "kill squads" in the west bank ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Many Americans are conditioned and indoctrinated with the idea of excusing atrocities if you have a certain skin color because somehow genetically, they are unable to form a normal moral compass, so it would be like trying to convict a retard for murder.

The rest of the world is color blind. You kill people, you are a murderer.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
The incident was part of a rampage by Israeli settlers that, according to local officials, killed four Palestinians over four days.
How many Jews were killed before this?

The violence was triggered by the disappearance of 14-year-old Binyamin Ahimeir, who went missing on Friday after leaving his settler outpost to herd sheep near the Palestinian village of Mughayir, in the Ramallah area.

His body was found a day later, and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said he had been killed in a "terrorist attack".
Ah, there we go. Murdering children... again.

ok, so

instead of waiting for the cops to investigate and make an arrest

they just start attacking their neighbors

seems extremely reasonable and civilized
Wait till you hear about George Floyd

where are you hearing about "kill squads" in the west bank ?
There is only one reason the IDF would give for bombing someone, that is that they are a real and present threat. Clearly they are not suffering from general paranoia.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Ah, there we go. Murdering children... again.
one kid goes missing and is later found dead

obviously it was my neighborzzzzzz

because kids don't ever go missing or end up dead for any other reason evar

no point in waiting for the authorities to you know, investigate and make arrests or anything
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
There is only one reason the IDF would give for bombing someone, that is that they are a real and present threat. Clearly they are not suffering from general paranoia.
this is the most delusional statement i've read all year

they're guilty BECAUSE they're being bombed

ok
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
no point in waiting for the authorities to you know, investigate and make arrests or anything
Obviously there is a point but that is an ideal of civilization that can't always be lived up to. You can wait around forever but the cops in Pakistan aren't going to arrest Osama Bin Laden for example.

If the PA could be trusted to stop these kinds of murders there wouldn't be so many of them and they wouldn't feel the need to take matters into their own hands.

When the IDF gets involved people you listen to call it "occupation". Can't have it both ways.

this is the most delusional statement i've read all year

they're guilty BECAUSE they're being bombed
That is not what I said. I said that the only reason the IDF would give is that they're guilty or planning to be guilty (which is another kind of guilty)

I am not saying I know that everyone Israel kills is guilty, I am saying you don't know that they're not anymore than I do.

All we have is broad cultural and historical records because specifics can't be confirmed through the haze of information warfare. That wide view tells me Israel has the moral high ground and also that they are more trustworthy when they say they have good reason to do what they do.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Many people say that Biden willing to defy Congress and stop aid to Israel is only rewarding hostage taking and prolonging the conflict...
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Many people say that Biden willing to defy Congress and stop aid to Israel is only rewarding hostage taking and prolonging the conflict...
So the U.S. should give bombs to Israel so they can kill all the Palestinian women and children? Is that your position?

Oh I forgot you don’t have any positions on ANYTHING. You are the proverbial detractor 

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Others say that stopping promised aid is an impeachable offense, but I guess that's only when the quid pro quo demand is unpalatable to the left.