why should we take the story of noah as literal?

Author: linate

Total: 118
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret

You're desperately clutching at straws.

And: " Sin is what makes people stupid.".....Speak for yourself!

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Tradesecret, The Debate Runaway,  Bible denier of Jesus being the Trinity God in the OT, and now the runaway to what division of Christianity he follows,

Mr. Tradesecret, we need some more laughter at your expense and biblical ignorance once again, okay? Therefore, get out your latest Satanic Christian apologetic books, find your decoder ring, and shake up your crystal ball to address your comical and wishful thinking quote below:

TRADESECRETS REVEALING QUOTE IN POST #60:  "If the ark was the size it claims to be - it was pretty big.  And if the animals on the ark - were infants or babies - then their size would increase the available size. Obviously a baby elephant is going to take up much less room than an adult elephant and eat much less as well. The same applies across all the species.  Some people - have produced examples of how all the animals could fit in the ark. Of course this does not include fish - perhaps there was enough room for the all the fresh water fish - in tanks. Who knows I was not there. "

Barring the visual fact that within Christian books the animals entering the Ark were adults and NOT babies, please address the following FACTS!

"Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate," (Genesis 7:2) 

For the mathematically impaired pseudo-christian like you, 7 pairs = 14, plus 1 pair = 2.  14+2=16 TOTAL ANIMAL SPECIES, including ALL of the species within the oceans, insects, birds, etc.  Get it? Yeah, you do.

Now, thus far, there’re 1.2 million different animal species on earth x 16 pairs = 19.2 million species that had to be on Noah’s Ark, and this is barring the extinct dinosaurs that you have to explain as well, understood? Furthermore, Noah and gang were on the waters of Jesus' Great murderous Flood with 19.2 MILLION animal species for 371 DAYS!  We an only assume that poor Noah’s work kept piling up on him, agreed?. (Genesis 8:15–19)

NOW, OUR LAUGHTER WILL COME WHEN YOU TRY AND SPIN DOCTOR THE ABOVE BIBLICAL AND SCIENTIFIC FACTS AWAY!  READY? BEGIN! 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
It is not clutching at straws. Sin does make you stupid. You don't have to agree with me - I could care less. But it is not clutching at straws.  Sin has tainted almost every aspect of our lives - we live in it, we sleep in it. we eat in it. And we die in it. 

Sin is the most pervasive problem in our society - and most people are so seduced by it that they can't even recognize it. Sin blinds us the reality of its existence as such a pervasive thing. 

It is however the problem Jesus came to deal with because it was humanity's biggest issue.  That is the point. To say it is clutching at straws PROVES without a shadow of the doubt that you have no idea about Christianity and it certainly PROVES that any so called reading of the bible by you is itself tainted by sin. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I am not going to spin anything.  Someone asked me how I thought all the animals could fit into the ark. I said I don't know.  That is my answer. I dont know and to be honest it is not a question that actually worries me. I also indicated that the size of the ark if it was built to the specifications in the bible is pretty big.  I don't resile from that position. I also said that there was no law that said that the animals had to be full size adults. Hence if they were infants it would enable a significant larger amount than adult sized children. I also indicated that this would logically mean there would be less food to be gathered. 

As for your numbers - I really don't care. I have done my studies and formed my own conclusions. I don't have to figure out every little or large inconsistency to be convinced of it either way. The only people who care about the inconsistences are those trying to run away from the truth of GOD and judgment.  

I mean if you were consistent - which clearly you are not - you would throw away science because it is inconsistent and it actually creates more problems than it solves - yet I don't see anyone saying - "gee that does not make sense - let's throw it away" no - they do what anybody who does not know does - they wait until more information arises and in the case of science - they will wait for ever and ever and ever - because they don't have any alternatives. 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Tradesecret, The Debate Runaway,  Bible denier of Jesus being the Trinity God in the OT, and now the runaway to what division of Christianity he follows,

YOUR REVEALING RUNAWAY QUOTE ONCE AGAIN!!!: "As for your numbers - I really don't care. I have done my studies and formed my own conclusions. I don't have to figure out every little or large inconsistency to be convinced of it either way. The only people who care about the inconsistences are those trying to run away from the truth of GOD and judgment. "

What you are saying in your Satanic quote above is that "As for my numbers" you really don't care? Well, that explains a lot about your continued Biblical ignorance!  In this respect, how can you logically form YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS WHEN THE MATH THAT I HAVE GIVEN IS FACT THAT GOES AGAINST ANY CONCLUSIONS WHATSOEVER THAT YOU COULD EMBARRASSINGLY BRING FORTH???!  Then to make matters worse for you in front of the membership, you follow your bible stupidity up with the statement; "The only people who care about the inconsistences are those trying to run away from the truth of GOD and judgment. " HELLO, The TRUTH you state is the biblical axiom of there having to be 1.2 million species of animals on the 450 foot long, 65 foot wide Noah's Ark, BARRING ANY DINOSAURS!!!

Tradesecret, why do you make it so easy for me to continually show your complete Bible ignorance and stupidity as being a pseudo-christian, and again RUNNING AWAY from biblical axioms of the Noahan Flood scenario?! Wait, you have never told the membership on what RUNNING SHOES you wear! Why is that? LOL!

Damn it, we were looking forward to you turning yourself into another Satanic pretzel as you tried in vain to go against the scriptures once again in explaining away my biblical and mathematical facts relative to the Noahan Flood scenario.  You missed another opportunity to make us laugh once again at your expense. :(

Jesus H. Christ, it is no wonder why you won't debate me over Jesus' TRUE modus operandi within the scriptures, I would make mince meat out of you on my first posting to you!  Like I've said before, I need you hear upon this forum to show others in what a TRUE biblical ignorant pseudo-christian like you looks and acts like, therefore I thank Jesus in letting you stay here, praise!

RUN TRADESECRET, RUN FROM DEBATE RELATIVE TO JESUS’ TRUE MODUS OPERANDI, HURRY, RUN, THE MEMBERSHIP CONTINUES TO LAUGH AND WATCH YOU RUN!

ANY OTHER BIBLE RUNAWAY LIKE TRADESECRET WANT TO ENGAGE THE D-MAN? ANYONE?

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@BrotherDThomas
ANY OTHER BIBLE RUNAWAY LIKE TRADESECRET WANT TO ENGAGE THE D-MAN? ANYONE?
Yes. This is probably a really stupid question, but when you say "Jesus H. Christ," what does the "H." stand for?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
YOUR REVEALING RUNAWAY QUOTE ONCE AGAIN!!!: "As for your numbers - I really don't care. I have done my studies and formed my own conclusions. I don't have to figure out every little or large inconsistency to be convinced of it either way. The only people who care about the inconsistences are those trying to run away from the truth of GOD and judgment. "

What you are saying in your Satanic quote above is that "As for my numbers" you really don't care? Well, that explains a lot about your continued Biblical ignorance!  In this respect, how can you logically form YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS WHEN THE MATH THAT I HAVE GIVEN IS FACT THAT GOES AGAINST ANY CONCLUSIONS WHATSOEVER THAT YOU COULD EMBARRASSINGLY BRING FORTH???!  Then to make matters worse for you in front of the membership, you follow your bible stupidity up with the statement; "The only people who care about the inconsistences are those trying to run away from the truth of GOD and judgment. " HELLO, The TRUTH you state is the biblical axiom of there having to be 1.2 million species of animals on the 450 foot long, 65 foot wide Noah's Ark, BARRING ANY DINOSAURS!!!

Tradesecret, why do you make it so easy for me to continually show your complete Bible ignorance and stupidity as being a pseudo-christian, and again RUNNING AWAY from biblical axioms of the Noahan Flood scenario?! Wait, you have never told the membership on what RUNNING SHOES you wear! Why is that? LOL!

Damn it, we were looking forward to you turning yourself into another Satanic pretzel as you tried in vain to go against the scriptures once again in explaining away my biblical and mathematical facts relative to the Noahan Flood scenario.  You missed another opportunity to make us laugh once again at your expense. :(

I am not running from you. I respond to you when I think there is a need to do so. My reason not to debate you lies with you inability to accept you are wrong even when it is obvious to everyone else. It has nothing to do with being afraid or worried about you beating me. Personally when people can show me I am wrong, it helps me - so why would I run away from it. 

On the other hand, when I make a reasonable argument and it beats you - then I think it is fair that you acknowledge it. You never concede anything because you think you know everything and that everyone else is wrong. If you can't acknowledge any errors then we would not be having a debate - it would simply be two people having a pissing contest. I am not interested in doing that. 

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@linate
just because the bible says so, and God can do anything?

The story of the flood is a  Sumerian epic  wrote  about tens of thousands of years before the bible ever came into existence. It is simply another story lifted from the Sumerians by the `Jews in captivity ` and adopted as their own as with the creation epic. 

Ziusudra/ Noah

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@SirAnonymous

SirAnonymous,

What does the "H" stand for in using this letter at times in His name? Really?  Here, Jesus Holy Christ, get it? You're welcome. :(

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE FROM ME # 382723!: " I am not running from you. I respond to you when I think there is a need to do so."

Okay, to prevent you from RUNNING AWAY again from my posts to you, AND IN THE FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP, you once again DID NOT address the biblical axioms and the simple math that I gave you relative to the Noahan Flood! WHY?  Are you too SCARED to do so, knowing that I will continue to easily own your Bible stupidity and ignorance ad infinitum? Is that it? Remember, for the Bible to be TRUE, you need to answer the questions listed below, understand?! 2+2=4.

"Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate," (Genesis 7:2) 

Relative to the math in my post #62, let me break it down for you so you can address Jesus' biblical axioms so others won't laugh at your runaway status all the time, okay?

1.  How did Noah fit 1.2 million species upon the 510 foot long, 75 foot wide, and 45 foot high Ark (Genesis 6:15)?
2.  Since Jesus created DINOSAURS, how were those fitted upon the Ark as well in 8 pairs of them?
3.  You mentioned water tanks for the fish, then how many gallons of water do you think it took for 8 pairs of Blue Whales that are 100 feet in length within said tanks?
4.  How did Noah and family keep the known 10,000 species of birds x 8 pairs, which equals 80,000 birds, from flyings away from the Ark?
5.  There are 33,600 known species of fish x 8 pairs  = 268,800 fish, how were they kept alive without eating each other in the water tanks that you mentioned?
6.  How did Noah keep 900,000 known species of insects from being trampled by the 19.2  million species of animals upon the Ark?
7.  Noah's Ark was upon the waters for 371 days (Genesis 8:14-15), where did the food come from to feed 19.2 million of animal species, 80,000 birds, 268,800 fish, 900,000 insects, and most importantly, 8 pairs of each of the dinosaurs?

You don't seem to understand that the membership are watching you continually RUNNING AWAY from my posts to you with little boy lame excuses. Now, for once why don't you at least "try" to address the known FACTS and biblical axioms in the questions above. You don't want me to add Noah's Ark  to your list of runaways, do you? No, I didn't think so, therefore we all will await your cogent and godly response this time to the above questions without a "plethora" of more pathetic excuses.  Thank you.

Tradesecret, ask yourself, WWJD?  Would He RUN AWAY like you continually do, or stand ground and explain His Noah's Ark in relation to its inhabitants?  Remember, Jesus is watching you! (Hebrews 4:13) To help you with this latest endeavor, why don't you go to Ken Hams Noah's ark website? Yes? https://www.facebook.com/aigkenham/

IS THERE ANOTHER EQUALLY DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT CAN HELP THE VERY TROUBLED TRADESECRET IN THIS MATTER? 

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@BrotherDThomas
That makes sense. I just hadn't seen that before.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR REVEALING AND HISTORICAL QUOTE: "The story of the flood is a  Sumerian epic  wrote  about tens of thousands of years before the bible ever came into existence."

Barring the historical FACT that Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate,  didn't have a mind of His own regarding a Flood scenario, do you think that the Sumerians took into account what my post #70 above represents in the many specie of animals, fish, birds, and insects, that somehow reappeared after their flood?  

Poor Tradesecret, I truly feel sorry for him in always running away from Jesus' Biblical axioms that we continue to bring forth, and the science that obviously Jesus has given us!
Can you imagine in how Tradesecrets equally dumbfounded of the Bible cohorts must think of him at this juncture of always running away from Jesus' TRUE words? At least they know when to remain silent, whereas Tradesecret brings forth his total Bible ignorance all the time at his expense! LOL

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
The sumerian epic and the Genesis flood are not similar and the Jews did not borrow from anyone for this story.  

The stories are so different it is remarkable that anyone actually tries to make this suggestion and the so called similarities - are so general in nature that one wonders why anyone would bother. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
1.  How did Noah fit 1.2 million species upon the 510 foot long, 75 foot wide, and 45 foot high Ark (Genesis 6:15)?
I said the Ark was a big boat.  Assuming your dimensions are correct - this means it was not much smaller than the Titanic.  It was shorter by 350 feet. Its breadth was about 15 less. And its height about half. This is still larger than most boats today.   It was a huge boat. And it has three decks.

Titanic was 882 feet 9 inches (269.06 m) long with a maximum breadth of 92 feet 6 inches (28.19 m). Her total height, measured from the base of the keel to the top of the bridge, was 104 feet (32 m).

How do you come you come up with the number of species? I suspect this is the now diversified current number - after years of adaption and which probably increases every year still.  I would take the view potentially that this number could be reduced significantly and still enable all current species to have been on the ark. 

2.  Since Jesus created DINOSAURS, how were those fitted upon the Ark as well in 8 pairs of them?
The average size of a dinosaur was about the size of a chicken. Most of the large ones were once small and probably came from eggs. There is no reason why (given the hypothetical picture we are drawing) the dinosaurs were not infants. 

3.  You mentioned water tanks for the fish, then how many gallons of water do you think it took for 8 pairs of Blue Whales that are 100 feet in length within said tanks?
Yep. I mentioned fish tanks - and not because I think there were by the way. It was a throw away line I used in the context. But let's say there was - so what? Blue Whales swim in Salt Water. And even Blue Wales don't start life at a 100 feet in length. 

4.  How did Noah and family keep the known 10,000 species of birds x 8 pairs, which equals 80,000 birds, from flyings away from the Ark?
Again species then or species now. Even the typical evolutionist accepts that adaption will help see new species arise.  We have seen 1000s of new species in the past 100 years.  I also expect that if there was no land anywhere - that any self respecting bird is only going to keep flying until they found the boat again. Problem solved. In fact even in the story - there is an example of this. First Noah sent out a bird - but it flew back because there was no land. Then he sent it out again and it found some land but still flew back - probably because there was no food. And then he sent out another one - and it did not come back.  And besides - the Ark was shut. No one could get in or get out unless the door was opened. 

5.  There are 33,600 known species of fish x 8 pairs  = 268,800 fish, how were they kept alive without eating each other in the water tanks that you mentioned?
Yeah, I already said I don't know how any of this worked and everything I am saying is speculation. It actually does not worry me one iota. But given you like to talk nonsense and ask questions - I am happy to oblige. Of course - I am not saying this happened - just thinking about how it might happen - not just blindly saying - "impossible" like you. 
I am not convinced by the notion that somehow the fish had to be put into the ark. There has never been a worldwide flood since that occasion so we really don't know that there were not safe spots or less dangerous spots for either the salt or fresh water fish.  Yeah we can speculate and laugh about different ideas- but really that is about the most you can do.  How many species of fish existed at that time - and how many exist now? Is it the same? Highly unlikely. Why did they not eat each other? Perhaps they were eating other food? Who knows? 

6.  How did Noah keep 900,000 known species of insects from being trampled by the 19.2  million species of animals upon the Ark?
How many species then and how many now? How do they manage to survive in our world without getting trampled by animals now? How many needed to go into the Ark and how many did not need too? Perhaps - they were all in larvae stage and stored under their beds. Who knows? The story does not tell us - and it is not relevant to the story. It is only relevant to you because you want to disprove the story. Yet, you are arguing from silence. and that is hardly a credible argument as you well know. I don't have to explain it to you.  It does not change my views - because it is not relevant to my views. You cannot figure out how the big bang happened - so what? Do we just throw that theory in the bin. It makes no sense whatsoever - to say first there was nothing - and then for no particular reason that nothing exploded and then from that explosion despite the impossible odds against it - life happened and then everything has so much amazing order. It takes more faith to believe that humdinger of a fairy tale than the story of Noah. 

7.  Noah's Ark was upon the waters for 371 days (Genesis 8:14-15), where did the food come from to feed 19.2 million of animal species, 80,000 birds, 268,800 fish, 900,000 insects, and most importantly, 8 pairs of each of the dinosaurs?
Yes - again which is more believable - a universe that all by itself happened v a God planned and made world. You have your fairy story and I have mine. Mine at least makes some sense - even if not everything. Yours - well it has nothing going for it - except people who wish to deny my story.  They and you have nothing. Nothing at all.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
The Sumerian epic and the Genesis flood are not similar and the Jews did not borrow from anyone for this story.  

Oh yes they did and on many occasions and right from the off. You just cannot accept it.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Barring the historical FACT that Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate,  didn't have a mind of His own regarding a Flood scenario, do you think that the Sumerians took into account what my post #70 above represents in the many specie of animals, fish, birds, and insects, that somehow reappeared after their flood?  

In short Brother the answer is no.  And neither has  Tradesecret and his cohorts. The belief in the possibility of gathering just  all of the land species of the whole earth on one boat 510 foot long, 75 foot wide, and 45 foot high is simply stupid! Not to mention the different types of  food and fresh water needed for all species for a 5 month journey of floating around. This is the kind of stupidity that even children in the 21st century question and  laugh at.  My granddaughter - 6 years old -  asked about the koala and emus and kangaroos? Not a Christian yet has been able to answer that one. 

But then the Sumerian account appears to be a  more scientific account of how this was achieved.  They also tell us it wasn't a world wide flood. They also tell of what caused this flood. And it wasn't the hand of god  Yahweh/ Jesus.

The creation epic is also a rip off of the Sumerian creation story too including serpents and 'knowledge'.  

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Oh yes they did and on many occasions and right from the off. You just cannot accept it.  
So prove it this time. Don't just make false assertions. 
Stephen
Stephen
So prove it this time. Don't just make false assertions. 

It is up to you to support your own claim that the  the biblical flood is original.... once you explained the away the questions that the Brother has Posed you; 

Forum posts: 1,063
Added

Off you go.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
@BrotherDThomas
So that is how it going to be? You just ask questions and never answer them.  Well you are the one who made the claim, not me. I think you just make stuff up and then when asked to prove it, you realise you cannot prove it. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
So that is how it going to be?

I have asked you many questions of late and you simply have ignored them.

You just ask questions and never answer them. 

I haven't said I won't answer them have I. I find it odd that you are complaining about who should answer what & when ,  when is all you ever do is answer to perfectly good, legitimate and genuine question with questions of your own.  Such as here>  n8nrgmi asked a question and you reply #3 Tradesecret. You don't stop there either do you? No you then fire a sally of questions without even attempting to address his very genuine question here #5 Tradesecret

So stop your whining and answer the Brother who you keep ignoring. 

Well you are the one who made the claim, not me.

And you  have claimed contrary. 

I think you just make stuff up and then when asked to prove it, you realise you cannot prove it. 

You can think what you like but it is a well known and accepted  fact and not hard to research from where the captive Jews got their early stories from.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Please go and find these questions. I am obviously too dumb to find them. 
Stephen
Stephen

find these questions.

lets start with these few  that you have avoided but responded with a question f your own

->@Tradesecret wrote The bible is God's word.
I asked you to _ Prove it.  You avoided the question and certainly provided no evidence for your claim. 

I am obviously too dumb to find them. 

Yes I know you are. 

And you still haven't come up with the evidence that  your  lord god almighty created the whole universe and everything in it in only six days. 

->@Tradesecret wrote I assume you mean 24 hours days?

What you "assume" is not an answer to the question, your bible states clearly that he created everything ( including sin) in six days. But here you are on the threshold of rewriting the scripture.

Then you avoided these question from   n8nrgmi who  asked a question and you reply #3 . You don't stop there either do you? No you then fire a sally of questions without even attempting to address his very genuine question here #5 

This is not to mention the questions from the Brother here: 

So you have a bit of a log jam of your own when it comes to you failing to answering questions. 

Now, off you go. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
->@Tradesecret wrote The bible is God's word.
I asked you to _ Prove it.  You avoided the question and certainly provided no evidence for your claim. 

I am obviously too dumb to find them. 

Yes I know you are. 

And you still haven't come up with the evidence that  your  lord god almighty created the whole universe and everything in it in only six days. 

->@Tradesecret wrote I assume you mean 24 hours days?

What you "assume" is not an answer to the question, your bible states clearly that he created everything ( including sin) in six days. But here you are on the threshold of rewriting the scripture.

Then you avoided these question from   n8nrgmi who  asked a question and you reply #3 . You don't stop there either do you? No you then fire a sally of questions without even attempting to address his very genuine question here #5 

This is not to mention the questions from the Brother here: 

So you have a bit of a log jam of your own when it comes to you failing to answering questions. 

So really I have answered all of your questions and you are simply not willing to accept my answers. In other words I did not avoid any question. You seem to have an issue with people asking you questions. The reason I ask a question in response to a question is to clarify what your real question is. Most of the questions you ask are so vague that anyone can provide any answer they want . I like to have some qualification because when I do answer your SIMPLISTICALLY put questions - you always respond with "you did not answer my question." And you know what that demonstrates that you have an AGENDA. It also means that if you don't like my answer that you just say that is not evidence. 

As for the above questions: I provided evidence. yep real evidence. And evidence that a court would adduce - even if Stephen wont. I provided evidence from the book itself which declared it was God's word. From Psalm 119.  Now you don't put any weight on it - for whatever dodgy reasons.  But that does not prevent it from being evidence. But you say- I don't want evidence, I want proof.  Well the fact is Stephen you don't want proof. And the reason for that is simple - you would not know what proof was if you fell over it.  I say this because you reject everyone's proof - you don't agree with - but are quite happy to accept the Brother's despite his blatant lies without even giving it a thought. ( I sometimes wonder whether you and the Brother are simply the same person with two alto egos) 

For many people in the world - proof has been made if the bible declares it to be the case. Now you can reject that - it hardly matters to me. But you can't even prove to me that you know how to read. And to be perfectly honest - I think your skills at reading are worse than my minor children. But there you have it. What makes proof for one person is not going to the same for another. I take the view that you WOULD NOT accept any proof - so it would not matter if I poured out a tip truck full of evidence and proof - you would still deny it. And why do I say that? Because you want everyone else to provide proof - and then you just deny whatever they provide as not being evidence (which is an ignorant thing to do in the first place) or proof.  

What proof would you accept that the Bible is God's word? And I am asking for general types of proof that everybody might accept.  Oh by the way - no one has ever provided any evidence or proof to me that evolution is true. Therefore it must not be true.

As for the question of God creating the world in 6 days. I asked the qualifier question to you - yes I put it in the format of "I assume" you mean 24 hour literal days. I thought you had the knowledge to figure out that there are many views about what 6 days of creation means.   In the end it does not matter. My evidence is simple. And yes, it is evidence. I don't care how much weight you put on it - since you pick and choose your own bible verses and make them say whatever you want them to say - even when it is blatantly false. Genesis tells us God created the world in six days. This is repeated through the bible in many other places.  It is called revelation.   Do I have evidence aside from that? Well I could draw your attention to the days of the week we as a society still adhere to. You would say - so what? Don't they just naturally fit into the seasons etc? Well as a matter of a fact they do. But this just adds to the evidence that there is a plan behind it, not just some random event. Humans predominantly work and live within this 7 day week better than other time frames. the Russian attempted a 10 day week. IT fell over very quickly. Others have attempted other time days - again they all fall over. There appears to be something inherent in the 7 day week for humanity. This is evidence of course - which needs to be interpreted - but not proof. But it is consistent with God's creation of the world in 6 days.   And I would add it much more evidence than the world was created over millions and billions of years- no proof no evidence for that position. 

As for the Brother's questions - I have addressed them and I did before you decided to ask me to repeat them. For the record, my conversations with him are responses to his questions. You don't get the right to say I avoid them as though they are your questions. And besides you are the one who omits to respond to questions. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
What do you mean?

Explain this sin that you are so obsessed with.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
So really I have answered all of your questions .

No you haven't. And this is where you, as most Christians do, resort to blatantly telling lies.  This is why I am of the opinion that religious faith has to be a mental illness.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
I did answer your questions.   You just don't like my answers because you want me to answer in a particular way. 

In any event, you have not produced any evidence at all to support any of your assertions. You blindly say in faith whatever you want.  An example "No you haven't. And this is where you, as most Christians do, resort to blatantly telling lies.  This is why I am of the opinion that religious faith has to be a mental illness."

See what I mean.  I answer and you just add "no you haven't" Not any evidence to support that assertion. I respond with paragraphs - and you still say I have not answered.  Then you make another accusation and assertion - about me telling lies.  What lie did I tell? Where is your evidence? Again nothing to show for yourself. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
I did answer your questions.

You're a liar! 

Where is your evidence that god created the universe and all that is in it (including sin) in only six days as the bible, your bible, claims.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
I referred to Genesis and gave you that as evidence. That is my response. And it is an answer. Stop lying. You know that it is evidence. 

And I have never said God created sin. Sin is what humans do. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
It is not clutching at straws. Sin does make you stupid. You don't have to agree with me - I could care less. But it is not clutching at straws.  Sin has tainted almost every aspect of our lives - we live in it, we sleep in it. we eat in it. And we die in it. 

Sin is the most pervasive problem in our society - and most people are so seduced by it that they can't even recognize it. Sin blinds us the reality of its existence as such a pervasive thing. 

It is however the problem Jesus came to deal with because it was humanity's biggest issue.  That is the point. To say it is clutching at straws PROVES without a shadow of the doubt that you have no idea about Christianity and it certainly PROVES that any so called reading of the bible by you is itself tainted by sin. 

What do you mean?

Explain this sin that you are so obsessed with.
When people sin they sin against God. It is the demonstration of their rebellion and treason against God. People sometimes think that sin is really a little thing, a small offence, like telling a white lie.  Yet humanity has been sentenced to death for their sin - for their treason against God and at the moment for want of a better expression - we are living in a prison for people who are on death row.  This was the essence of the original sin. TREASON. And why everyone is born into it. 

God in his grace and mercy however has provided a way for everyone who is prepared to give their allegiance back to him. And he has even paid the price for the treachery they have committed.  And this price was Jesus. The second member of the Triune God.  

This is what Christianity is about: trusting or pledging your allegiance to Jesus. It is not about rules. It is not about regulations or paying money. It is about freedom from the prison we live in which is sin infested into every part and aspect of our lives.  Sin is what makes people see the God of the bible as evil and terrible. IT is the same way every prisoner sees their judge and executioner.  

But in Christ, freedom is available even here on this planet.  Without Christ we are all slaves to sin. In Christ, Our eyes are opened and we start to see how sin taints the way we think and view life.  
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Tradesecret, The Debate Runaway on Jesus true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being the Trinity God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity he follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, and now the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding Noah's ark,

OMG!  Obviously you don’t have the wherewithal to understand in how completely embarrassed you should be with your sophomoric and vain attempts in trying to save yourself in front of the membership relative to the Noah's ark narrative in your feeble post #74!  !!!!! ROFLOL!!!!!

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #1

YOUR COMICAL FLUSTERING QUOTE RELATIVE TO THE SIZE OF THE ARK: “I said the Ark was a big boat.  Assuming your dimensions are correct.”

You never cease to amaze us in your outright biblical ignorance, and again, calling Jesus’ inspired words as LIES!  What part of the following passage didn’t you understand: “This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.” (Genesis 6:15). Now, to save you even more embarrassment, I will let you look up cubics to feet conversion table, which makes the Ark the overall size that I stated, understood, Bible fool?

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #2

YOUR QUIZZICAL QUOTE ON THE NUMBER OF SPECIES: “How do you come you come up with the number of species?”

First off, Google can be your best information on this question. You see, you put “Google” up in your search engine, then you press “return” and it takes you to the Google home page. Then you type in “how many known species are there,” then you press “return” and then many websites are shown to address this question, do you understand?  Oh, don’t let the term “Science” upset or scare you when searching said websites, okay? LOL

In any event, I was totally wrong in stating 1.2 million species overall, and for that I am truly sorry in leading you astray because the total number should be 8.7 million  species overall at this time. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110823180459.htm

Addressing your grasping for straws quote to try once again to save what validity you have left within this forum: "We have seen 1000s of new species in the past 100 years." Granted, but you fail to realize that these "thousands of years" you mention can only go back approximately 6000 years from Adam, to Jesus, and to today in the year of 2020 as per the Bible. Remember,  Genesis 2:7 states with specificity that there were 8 pairs of each specie upon the Ark x MILLIONS! Therefore this precludes that from the 8.7 million of known species today, and taking your grasping for straws notion of "1000's of species every 100 years," precludes that there would still be MILLIONS of different species upon the initial voyage of Noah's ark in using the 6000 year time period.   GET IT?  Can you do the simple math on this easy proposition, or do you need further help in front of the membership?!

With the said biblical axioms shown above, address the following biblical and earthly propositions:

1.  How do you propose the 510 foot long Ark housed MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of species that had to be upon Noahs Ark so they would be here today, and barring "variants" of said species which matter not because the starting point was 8.7 million today?

2.  How did Noah obtain MILLIONS of species around the world without  having a large boat to begin with in their search?  

3.  How did Noah, without a boat in the beginning, obtain Polar Bears from the frozen lands North of the Arctic Circle?

4.  You mentioned that there were 3 decks upon the Ark, as if this would make a difference in housing MILLIONS of species, therefore, cite biblical reference to your claim!

Listen, I will stop at this point, because you have enough proverbial egg upon your face as it is! You can't thank me later, okay? Put your "Satanic Apologetic Spin Doctor Hat" on and address the 4 questions above.  

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #3

YOUR CONTINUED OUTSIDE OF THE BIBLE IGNORANCE: “The average size of a dinosaur was about the size of a chicken. Most of the large ones were once small and probably came from eggs.”

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP? LOL!!!  Tell me, does the actual structure of a real dinosaur’s skeleton in the following link look anywhere close to being a chicken? Your ignorance is without bounds!  LOL!!!

Truthfully, in the name of Satan, you do provide this forum with some great comedy! !!!ROFLOL!!!

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #4

YOUR QUOTE OF DESPERATION AGAIN: “Yeah, I already said I don't know how any of this worked and everything I am saying is speculation.”

Tell the membership, how can one have TRUE faith on your pure speculation which is not vouchsafed within the scriptures but only by your “hearsay?” Listen up, you can use your same speculation on whether the serial murderer Jesus God existed or not, because outside of the Bible, the existence of Jesus ONLY exists in a truly embarrassing form, of which the first mention of Jesus outside of the Bible is 70 years subsequent to his alleged death upon the cross through the HEARSAY of Josephsus' Antiquities writings, H-E-L-L-O! 

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #5

YOUR COMEDIC QUOTE ONCE AGAIN: “There has never been a worldwide flood since that occasion so we really don't know that there were not safe spots or less dangerous spots for either the salt or fresh water fish.”

HELLO, BIBLE IGNORANT FOOL! Again, you show your complete ignorance of the scriptures because of the following inspired by Jesus passage relative to there not being “safe spots” for salt and fresh water fish, to wit: And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered.” (Genesis 7:19)

The fact that this verse is using the term “all, and whole earth” precludes that it was a universal flood to the tops of mountains, therefore including the Himalayas that are 23,000 feet in height, get it?  Therefore, there was NO safe haven for any type of fish,  Bible fool!

GRASPING FOR STRAWS #6

YOU GRASPING FOR THE LAST PROVERBIAL STRAW REGARDING HOW NOAH KEPT 900,000 INSECTS ALIVE! : “Perhaps - they were all in larvae stage and stored under their beds. Who knows?”

Who knows, says the pseudo-christian Tradesecret! For the Ark to be a biblically TRUE NARRATIVE to base a faith upon, one has to know all of the Biblical axioms and earthly facts, otherwise, it can only be considered a myth!  You're an alleged attorney, can you see yourself in a trial saying: "Who Knows" and taking this as a valid statement to prove an alleged fact?  LOL!!!!   DO YOU UNDERSTAND BIBLE FOOL?! 

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #7

ONE OF THE MOST COMICAL QUOTES YOU’VE EVER MADE!:   “I also expect that if there was no land anywhere - that any self respecting bird is only going to keep flying until they found the boat again.”

Noah was upon the waters for 371 days in a massive ocean, so how many days can a bird fly with its existing energy to “find the boat again”  before it dies and plunges into the ocean? Your finger nails must be bleeding profusely by now for continually grasping for those proverbial straws that aren't even there anymore for you! Priceless! 

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS #8

YOUR LAST RESORT QUOTE IN EVER SO TRYING NOT TO BE THE BIBLE AND EARTHLY FACTUAL FOOL!:
“Yes - again which is more believable - a universe that all by itself happened v a God planned and made world. You have your fairy story and I have mine. Mine at least makes some sense - even if not everything. Yours - well it has nothing going for it - except people who wish to deny my story.  They and you have nothing. Nothing at all.”

FIRST THING, you slipped on your Freudian again by you stating:  “You have your fairy story and I have mine.”  NEWSFLASH, here you ADMIT to everyone that the topic of the Noah Ark narrative is a complete a fairy tale! LOL.  OMG, your knees along with your fingernails must be bleeding so much, because again, you slipped upon your Freudian!  You make it too easy for us to show the membership in just how dumbfounded you are relative to the scriptures and actual earthly facts.

Tradesecret, you have provided some of the most comical pseudo-christian Satanic spin that we have ever seen relative to the Noah's ark narrative, and when doing so, many of my friends from very prestigious forums are viewing your laughable posts upon this topic, and sending links to this forum to show them. You will now be famous around the internet Religious Forums in being one of the best laughable Apologetic Spin Doctors for Satan that the internet has ever seen! Good for you, because your moniker on this website will be profusely talked about, but only in a laughable and degrading manner, congratulations!  

To save you from even more embarrassment, you are excused in laughable shame once again. :(

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN?