Black Lives Matter only cares about black people

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 76
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
There is a reason why, "Black Lives Matter" isn't, "Stop Police Brutality".

It's because BLM advocates only care about black people.  Me as a white suburban guy; I don't care about BLM that much.  The same would be true if I was Hispanic or Asian (but not black, because only then would it be personal).

Hey BLM; you want non-blacks to care about your organization?  Then call it, "Stop Police Brutality" instead of, "Black Lives Matter".  Until then, I as a white guy (that is neither proud not ashamed to be white) doesn't care about your organization as I know you guys are only cheering for your people.

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
You are so naive.
Moozer325
Debates: 9
Moozer325
-->
@TheUnderdog
Not to be mean or anything, but this is human tribalism at its worst. BLM doesn’t mean ONLY Black Lives Matter, it means Black Lives Matter TOO! 

Just because you aren’t part of a group doesn’t mean that you should care about the well being, or their lives even of the people in that group. We are all human, and all deserve to be treated as such. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Moozer325
Black thugs don't matter.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Moozer325
Black Lives Matter TOO! 
Excellent point. 

GP thinks all black people are thugs. He’s a MAGA MORON 

Best.Korea
Debates: 299
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
They do matter to themselves. 

Plus, they matter to Wu Wei. Well, every life matters to Wu Wei.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Not really. Black thugs kill each other often.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Greyparrot
That’s just stereotyping. 

Besides, you could say that some people deserve to die because they committed horrible crimes, but there is a reason for that.

What you’re doing with black people is making an untrue generalization, that is based one a few unrepresentative examples, which in turn, ends up misrepresents an entire group of people.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Moozer325

It's an FBI statistic. If you are Black and you get murdered, 90% of the time it will be another black person killing you.

Lives matter because they are valuable. Not because of skin.

Black skin (or any other color skin) doesn't make a thug a valuable person.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Greyparrot
First of all, that statistic doesn't directly support your claim, because that data is influenced by the fact that many black people live in the same neighborhoods, and have more relationships with other black people, as is the same with any other group. Birds of a feather, flock together.

Second of all, this still doesn't even help your argument because even if many black people are violent, (which isn't true) some black people are not, and are very nice people, and thus your generalization is still unrepresentative.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Moozer325
Where did I say "many Black people are violent?"

Black thugs exist, no matter how few...and they do not matter.
FLRW
FLRW

At least cops don't shoot white people when they go to their door.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Not really. Black thugs kill each other often
Are you saying that black thug doesnt value himself or his own choices?
Amber
Amber
-->
@TheUnderdog
Black Lives Matter only cares about black people

There is a reason why, "Black Lives Matter" isn't, "Stop Police Brutality".

It's because BLM advocates only care about black people.  Me as a white suburban guy; I don't care about BLM that much.  The same would be true if I was Hispanic or Asian (but not black, because only then would it be personal).

Hey BLM; you want non-blacks to care about your organization?  Then call it, "Stop Police Brutality" instead of, "Black Lives Matter".  Until then, I as a white guy (that is neither proud not ashamed to be white) doesn't care about your organization as I know you guys are only cheering for your people.
Black Lives Matter does not care "only" about black people. BLM only cares about some black people. Not all black people. Patrisse Collurs is the prime example of this reality. She only cared about the blacks that were criminals so she could profit off their demise then take the money and run to white neighborhoods where she purchased expensive homes. Not a single dime was used to benefit the other black people she doesn't care about. 

Yes, I agree there is a reason why BLM =/= "Stop Police Brutality," because it is not as pervasive as the media and the left have claimed it to be. Hence any attempt to push that agenda would be met with facts and figures (as if BLM hasn't been already, which destroyed its fallacious narrative) to ultimately destroy it, as it should be.

No, BLM advocates do NOT care about only black people because they do not care about ALL black people, just the criminals. They do not care about the black pregnancies aborted, they do not care about the intraracial violence that takes so many young black lives, and they certainly do not care about the non-black criminal across the board. They only care about black criminals shot, harmed, and/or killed by either a white person or a cop. That's it. They do not even care about the innocent blacks accidentally killed by gross mistakes of law enforcement or even non-law enforcement. It's all crickets. 

So, your point is rather moot. 

Amber
Amber
-->
@Moozer325
-->
@TheUnderdog
Not to be mean or anything, but this is human tribalism at its worst. BLM doesn’t mean ONLY Black Lives Matter, it means Black Lives Matter TOO! 

Just because you aren’t part of a group doesn’t mean that you should care about the well being, or their lives even of the people in that group. We are all human, and all deserve to be treated as such. 
I am of the mind that you do not even know/understand the meaning of the term, 'tribalism.' You're just not using it correctly, especially when using the term 'human' before it. 

BLM does mean only Black Lives Matter, and the behavior, actions and results of BLM have firmly established that glaring salient FACT!

Your last sentence needs to be fixed because the grammar makes it a waste of time to try and decipher what you mean. Not to be mean or anything. ;-) 
Amber
Amber
-->
@Greyparrot
I agree, but according to BLM they do above and beyond all other black people (i.e., the innocent black people). 

Amber
Amber
GP thinks all black people are thugs.
Did your tinfoil hat or 8-crystal-ball tell you that?

He’s a MAGA MORON 
Okay, little boy. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Amber
Hopefully at some point, America will get past its obsession with skin color being an excuse for bad behavior or lack of merit.
Amber
Amber
-->
@Moozer325

-->
@Greyparrot
Is it? Perhaps it is a commonsense FACT. 
You clearly didn't even review the cited source affirming exactly what he proffered. 

Stereotypes serve a purpose in the safety and protection of us from would be wolves in sheep's clothing. Even the devils carrying pitchforks. 
When less than 1% of the 13% black population commit over 50% of the entire nation's violent person crimes (murders, non-negligent manslaughter, robberies, etc.), no one can risk being naive when a black male (or female) approaches them. 

Even Jesse Jackson is famously noted as saying he always sighs a relief when walking down a dark street or alley hearing footsteps behind him to turn and see a group of white people vs black people. Black people KNOW the reality that 94%+ of ALL black crime victims are victimized by other blacks. 

Besides, you could say that some people deserve to die because they committed horrible crimes, but there is a reason for that.
That's stating the obvious. 

What you’re doing with black people is making an untrue generalization, that is based one a few unrepresentative examples, which in turn, ends up misrepresents an entire group of people.
That is not an untrue generalization, it is factually based. Again, you making this statement proves you didn't review the cited source GP provided. 

You need to think (and do some research or at least, review the cited sources provided) before you speak. 

Amber
Amber
-->
@Moozer325
-->
@Greyparrot
First of all, that statistic doesn't directly support your claim, because that data is influenced by the fact that many black people live in the same neighborhoods, and have more relationships with other black people, as is the same with any other group. Birds of a feather, flock together.
And where did you matriculate to earning your degree in criminology or statistics?

Your analysis is ALL wrong. 

Second of all, this still doesn't even help your argument because even if many black people are violent, (which isn't true) some black people are not, and are very nice people, and thus your generalization is still unrepresentative.

You're so uneducated and naive it is pathetic. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Okay, little boy. 

Ok little girl. Still all alone?

Hopefully at some point, America will get past its obsession with skin color being an excuse for bad behavior or lack of merit.
Ya, those blacks lack merit and are unruly. White people who act like that all end up in jail. But the blacks are handed everything on a silver platter. That’s why they are so wealthy when compared with lonely, unemployed substitute teachers.

You're so uneducated and naive it is pathetic.
Said the lonesome little girl. You’re like that fat, stupid female racist in the movie Black Klansman!
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Moozer325
BLM doesn’t mean ONLY Black Lives Matter, it means Black Lives Matter TOO! 
What do they want?  To end police brutality?  Then call yourselves, "End Police Brutality".

We are all human, and all deserve to be treated as such. 
I treat humans like strangers, I leave them alone.  If I see a woman getting murdered by someone, then I don't try and prevent that murder from happening because to me, the risk that I die is a bigger concern to me than the certainty she dies.

There are 2 types of people: Those that claim to be selfish, and those that are liars.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW

I'd prove you wrong if you would let yourself care, but you won't.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Amber

I am of the mind that you do not even know/understand the meaning of the term, 'tribalism.'
How? You’re just saying random bs here. Human tribalism is when you immediately assume people outside you’re group are worse, WHICH IS WHAT UNDERDOG WAS DOING

BLM does mean only Black Lives Matter, and the behavior, actions and results of BLM have firmly established that glaring salient FACT!
This is the problem with you people. You all refuse to cite a dammed source! This is just an untrue claim that is unsupported.

And where did you matriculate to earning your degree in criminology or statistics?

I don’t need one to know common sense. It’s true that this data is not reflective of your argument, despite my education. Besides, I could ask the same question to you. Where’s your degree in statistics?

Anyways, we can start talking when you show me some hard, relevant data here, but I don’t expect you to.

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@TheUnderdog

What do they want?  To end police brutality?  Then call yourselves, "End Police Brutality".
This is ridiculous. You're getting upset that the name of an organization doesn't match perfectly with what they believe in. They do want to end police brutality, but they named their movement BLM, not because Black lives are the only ones that matter, but because some people act like they dont matter at all. If you want to take issue with the organization, then look at what they actually do, and don't get hung up on stupid petty things like the name. 

Fun fact: YMCA stands for Young Men's Christian Association, even though they accept all religions and genders to become members. Point being, Sometimes things are named accordingly with what they are! Get over it.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Moozer325
"Black" in this context, is a broad term relative to species development,  demographic separation and subsequent re-integration, all relative to intellectual development.

In particular, memory, the application of acquired and stored data, and the utilisation thereof.

Taking into account appreciable differences detected by sensory systems.

Melanin levels are variable.

Which amusingly leads to some "black" people displaying a lighter skin tone than some "white" people.

Sort of the swarthy middle ground.

Don't expect the species to evolve rapidly, in terms of physical and biological structure.

Though with the advent of technology and social media, we might see a more rapid change in social attitudes.

Not forgetting the clever/stupid gene of course, which will inevitably throw up a plethora of  glitches along the way.

Though by the time humanity as reached it's physiological zenith, I'm guessing that A.I. will be the new "White" and humanity will be the new "Black".

What do you think Moozer?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
I agree. White skin color is no excuse for bad behavior of cops who kill black people for no reason. What you guys are supposed to do is convince those who behave bad to behave good. Have you read Tao Te Ching?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
And Black cops shouldn't be given a free pass either. (although they often are)

What you guys are supposed to do is convince those who behave bad to behave good.
Step one would be to stop reporting skin color when good or bad things happen. It's as irrelevant as foot size.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Step one would be to stop reporting skin color when good or bad things happen. It's as irrelevant as foot size.
Well, I dont think that will fix anything.

A better way is to abolish police and law. That way, no one will be criminal because there wont be law to break.