Being Pro choice is being pro abortion/homosexuality.

Author: Mall

Total: 70
Mall
Debates: 348
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Oh right.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Oh right.
Wickard v. Filburn
Amber
Debates: 0
Amber
-->
@Mall
-->
@<<<Amber>>>
Transgenderism also can fit in with the supporting choice which would be supporting abortion/homosexuality.

Choice/preference, whatever.
Your OP to now demonstrates you simply do not know what you are talking about. I'm done. Not wasting any more time on this nonsense with you. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
We have a tendency to see governments as bad, rather than as governments. Largely because we need something else to blame for our own shortcomings.

No government equals anarchy,

And anarchy will inevitably result in a more aggressive style of government...Which I'm sure wouldn't go down too well.

I consider myself lucky to be British, never vote, and let others criticise the government.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
Oh you think I'm trying to portray badness.
Uh, yeah, duh. That's why you referred to it as pro abortion. That description doesn't reflect how anyone on the left see's this issue. It's no different than describing someone who is pro Capitol punishment as pro murder. This is how the demonization game is played; every political position has pros and cons, so when you want to portray your opposition in a bad light you pretend that the practical result of their position is their motivation.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
How can you be pro choice of the abortion without be a champion of the abortion itself ?
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
"We" meaning those that do as a subset.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
Oh relax . Take it easy .
Amber
Amber
-->
@Mall
Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
Just a conversation. Nothing to get bent out of shape over.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
How can you be pro choice of the abortion without be a champion of the abortion itself ?
Do you understand what lesser of two evils means?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Certainly.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Amber
Yeah, been there done that one a few times.  Later we make amends.

The article also makes clear no one likes being told to relax when their angered, pissed, upset etc. However, it is good to let the other know, volume of voice is rising more than need be for normal conversation.  Thx for this I sent quote and link to my wife.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
Sure.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
Then what's the issue?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
I don't think I've said anything about anything being an issue. I think you're making it one or seeing one .

If you disagree with what I've said, say so.

You can still answer the question I asked instead of deviating.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
The issue... As in, what about this are you not understanding?

You asked how one could be pro choice without being pro abortion, so I asked if you understood the concept of the lesser of two evils and you acknowledged you do. That's your answer.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
How can you be pro choice of the abortion without be a champion of the abortion itself?
Pro-choice means you stand in support of the freedom to choose, you can disagree with the choice being made without being a champion one of the choices that can be made.  Pro-choice is pro-freedom.

“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” ― Voltaire
Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
"Pro-choice means you stand in support of the freedom to choose"

You stand in support of the freedom to choose what?

Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
Well leave "evil" off the table. We're not talking about good and evil.

How can I be in favor of a choice without attaching what its choosing?

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
How can I be in favor of a choice without attaching what its choosing?
The point of the saying “lesser of two evils” (it’s just a figure of speech) is that you aren’t “in favor” of any of the choices but you pick one because the alternative is worse. If I gave you a choice between losing $100 or losing $1000, I’m sure you would pick the former, that doesn’t mean you are in favor of losing $100.

So imagine if I then painted you as someone who loves to lose $100 - that would be silly and dishonest. That’s exactly what you’re doing with regards to those who are pro choice.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
"Pro-choice means you stand in support of the freedom to choose"

You stand in support of the freedom to choose what?
If it was the freedom to choose only one thing it wouldn't be freedom, and it wouldn't be a choice.

It is the freedom to choose whatever option the person decides to choose.

I'm sorry, but I can't dumb it down any farther for you.

Are you really telling us you haven't got a clue what the Voltaire quote means?

Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
The context of "pro choice" in this topic is abortion or non abortion, so let us not shy away from that.
We're not talking about freedom of choice to do anything or unlimited options because you'll have a problem with that.

Instead of biting off more than what you can argue, let us stick to the options in this topic.

When you're pro choice in the case of pregnancy ok, you stand in support of the freedom to go with abortion or non abortion.
I mean really to be blunt and just answering that for you .

That's what it is. Pro choice= pro abortion.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
The context of "pro choice" in this topic is abortion or non abortion, so let us not shy away from that.
We're not talking about freedom of choice to do anything or unlimited options because you'll have a problem with that.

Instead of biting off more than what you can argue, let us stick to the options in this topic.

When you're pro choice in the case of pregnancy ok, you stand in support of the freedom to go with abortion or non abortion.
I mean really to be blunt and just answering that for you .

Wow, you really don't have a clue.

Perhaps you could look up the words "Freedom" and "Choice" in a dictionary.

Paraphrasing Voltaire: I may not agree with your decision, but I will defend your right to decide.

You want to control people, I want to let them have the freedom to decide despite how I feel about what their decision is.

I'm sorry you don't get it.

Now, even though it's incredibly stupid, you are free to repeat your stupid statement again, even though I think it's stupid.

Amber
Amber
-->
@Sidewalker
Wow, you really don't have a clue.

Perhaps you could look up the words "Freedom" and "Choice" in a dictionary.

Paraphrasing Voltaire: I may not agree with your decision, but I will defend your right to decide.

You want to control people, I want to let them have the freedom to decide despite how I feel about what their decision is.

I'm sorry you don't get it.

Now, even though it's incredibly stupid, you are free to repeat your stupid statement again, even though I think it's stupid.
Well said!!!! **clap clap**

Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
If I have a choice between losing money or not, that is apropos to abortion and non abortion.

You deliberately tailored a dilemma that's not necessarily the circumstance. 

If I'm really for no abortion as you may claim the pro choice position does not support,no abortion ,why am I not just pro life?

Why would I support the choice resulting in abortion, if I truly don't support abortion?

I would just be pro life because there's no wiggle room. The pro choice position allows wiggling and and gray areas for the result to be anything that conflicts if I'm truly pro life see .

You keep saying this "lesser of two evils" rhetoric like you have to compromise.

People that have that kind of position will define pro choice that way in relation as to why they're compromising or in the middle. Meaning people that are not in favor of abortion initially but compromise that for whatever reason to get to accepting abortion or will have to support it to be lenient and accommodating for whatever reason. I'm not going to speculate on the reason whether it could be justified or not .

That's what you're thinking about when you think of pro choice and think about "well I'm in a situation where I have to compromise my money so I pick the stance that might get me less money losses. So I compromise what's supposed to be my true values of life in a chance for life to be picked ".

You're example is not apropos even with this because you're pro choice for a chance of one thing over another, not for certain to get that one thing. You can lose big. So much for compromise.

You have people that know you do not have to compromise and can stand firm on your values. You're not stuck in the false dilemma.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Sidewalker
Yeah .

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Mall
Why would I support the choice resulting in abortion, if I truly don't support abortion?
Because as has already been explained to you, supporting someone’s decision and supporting their right to make their own decision are two entirely different things.

You're not stuck in the false dilemma.
A women is pregnant with an unwanted child. You can either:

A) Allow her to terminate the pregnancy thereby killing the unborn child

Or

B) Force the woman to carry the pregnancy to term against her will.

Explain how this is not both a dilemma and a true dichotomy.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
Well said with no rebuttal.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Why is this topic only created 10 days ago? I remember you discussing this way back when I were just a weenie on the block as "User".