Atheist free post

Author: Polytheist-Witch

Total: 38
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I'm kinda bummed. We have three local shops here in the area. One is a run by a closed Wiccan community, one is run by a Christian lady open to new age stuff and one by a non denominal practioner of magic. So the latter has decided to start having get togethers. First one was last night. So nice group but they are all into spirits, mediums and ghost hunting. They had no interest in anything outside seeing, feeling or experiencing ghosts. I find that all to be disrespectful and I engage my dead on my own. Once I stated I had no medium abilities I was out of the loop. I was really hopeful this would be something I could get into. I will go to few more in case as it grows some people come into it more on my path but it's very frustrating to still be solitary after 11 years. PS: I hate crystals. They all love them. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If you haven't noticed, I think you will come to realize that consistency is not something you are going to find in these circles.

Magic is the utilization of belief as a tool. As this is the case, magic tends to adapt to what it is that the target of the magic believes.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@EtrnlVw
Please don't invite a holes to the thread. He is just an atheist prick who hates us like the rest. Not to mention half the reason he is here is to try and manipulate people. He is a devious sob. 
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I'm kinda bummed. We have three local shops here in the area.

So I take it you're in a more rural area then? 

One is a run by a closed Wiccan community, one is run by a Christian lady open to new age stuff and one by a non denominal practioner of magic.

Dang, that's quite a spread in a little community lol. Could be a lot more rigid...

So the latter has decided to start having get togethers. First one was last night. So nice group but they are all into spirits, mediums and ghost hunting. They had no interest in anything outside seeing, feeling or experiencing ghosts. I find that all to be disrespectful and I engage my dead on my own. Once I stated I had no medium abilities I was out of the loop.

Weird, I have no real interest in communicating with "ghosts" even though I have seen some. I don't blame ya that sounds kind of immature TBH. You would think those interested in the paranormal would be more open and flexible...

I was really hopeful this would be something I could get into. I will go to few more in case as it grows some people come into it more on my path but it's very frustrating to still be solitary after 11 years. PS: I hate crystals. They all love them. 

I used to go to a home group/Bible study when I was a teen, that was the closest thing I've been a part of that had any real integrity and meaning. The group wasn't perfect, but we all had huge hearts for God and other people and that made it so much more fulfilling and powerful. Rarely would anyone come and not be impacted in some way and this is what you really want, or at least I do. Maybe you should seek out a spiritual group rather than some party of interest group, then the purpose changes from effect to cause. 
Wow, I would have pegged you for a crystal girl for sure lol, you know why people like them right? they contain condensed amounts of energy. So people who have developed the ability to sense or pick up energy on objects get off on it. I've never been into crystals but I sure wouldn't reject one, there are some pretty impressive pieces, and like much of creation they are beautiful. Why don't you like them? because of the stigma associated with them? 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@EtrnlVw
So I take it you're in a more rural area then? 
It's a small city with rural surroundings. 

Weird, I have no real interest in communicating with "ghosts" even though I have seen some. I don't blame ya that sounds kind of immature TBH. You would think those interested in the paranormal would be more open and flexible...

I think it's rude to bother spirits that don't want to be. I have ways to talk to my dead. I think a few at the meeting were Christian and I scared them using the word witch. The shop owner keep saying energy work. It was a sugar coat better they know some witches might be there. 

Wow, I would have pegged you for a crystal girl for sure lol, you know why people like them right? they contain condensed amounts of energy. So people who have developed the ability to sense or pick up energy on objects get off on it. I've never been into crystals but I sure wouldn't reject one, there are some pretty impressive pieces, and like much of creation they are beautiful. Why don't you like them? because of the stigma associated with them? 

They just don't call to me at all. I have used a blood stone on occasion for pain but other than that I just don't get much from the. Now plant spirits yes. I use herbs all the time. Teas, spells, candles, incense. I have used rocks for things too but never felt the pull to get into crystals. 

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 I think a few at the meeting were Christian and I scared them using the word witch.

One thing to consider is that the "witches" or witchcraft referred to by Christians and the Bible represent a rebellion of everything holy. The art of manipulating energy or spirits to reek havoc on a person or persons is severely frowned upon. The picture of some nice house wife who happens to dabble in witchcraft is not what the Bible is referring to, rather the nature of opposing the light of God with the darkness of negative forces. This is what initiated the conflict between witchcraft and Christianity and the persecution of witches. The Christians didn't take into consideration the balance of all things, and so they took to the extreme negative form of witchcraft and applied that to all its participants.
So while "Christians" believed they were "protecting" society and persons from harm eliminating the problem they were only targeting a small minority of practice and in doing so demonizing individuals even when there was no blame, they took it upon themselves to lump every practitioner in the same category and that still happens today. So I think there should be some kind of understanding of the term in general so that there is a defining of terms or beliefs/practices.
The type of witches or witchcraft to be avoided at all costs is the type that can influence our reality in a negative manner, and this level of activity can be seen at high levels of status and which people may have no idea what is happening in those circles. The negative end of witchcraft is not something to be pursued and in general the average Christian has a preconceived idea of that field of interest. Actually most Christians have a preconceived idea of anything not Christian unfortunately, they aren't aware that their particular field of expertise only accounts for a very small aspect of experience and even on a collective level beliefs and practices exist in pockets of creation. Fighting the ghost of duality is pointless because neither end of the spectrum can ever "win", it's just a song and dance routine.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Hi Poly, 

Just thought I'd temp break my exile in honor of you and your idiot free thread.

I've been watching the theist free thread, and all they are doing there is talking about theists. Funny. Not a mention of atheists in the theist thread.

Enjoyed the exchange between you and Et. (Hi Et and TS!)

Sorry, I can't stay long, I just wanted to shout out a friend. You guys take it easy.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ethang5
Thanks for saying Hello.