The insecurity of atheists, and why they spam theist forums on a daily basis

Author: janesix

Total: 181
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
Have you ever had a religious or spiritual experience?
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
If I had I wouldn't admit it!

But no, I haven't,
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@keithprosser
And a liar. Nice. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
Why wouldnt you admit it
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Atheists do hate theists. You think you are better than theists. You are a bigot and a supremacist.

Atheists don’t hate theists. The atheists here that engage in debate - at best - dislike theISM, but hatred is mostly an emotion that is bandied around and resorted to only by Theists such as yourself as if trying to rationalize why atheists don’t buy you’re arguments other than for obvious reasons - that your arguments are terrible.

In terms of discussion, theists here generally require or engage in various degrees of suspension of rationalism and critical thinking- and
rationality in order to perpetuate their belief. Many individuals arguments on this forum - including this very topic - include bold faced assertions, without any supporting argument and defended only with an unwavering inability to accept that the assertion may be wrong. 

For this reason, and as Atheists here - broadly speaking - do not simply suspend critical thinking in order to primarily support their worldview, given that this is a debate site that is intended to be a place to champion rationality - in the context of this website, and the context of the comparison being related to argumentation and world view validity: I think it’s a valid position for atheists to be viewing themselves as “superior” to theists in this specific regard.

In the same way it would be right for pro-science individuals to consider themselves superior to anti-backers and conspiracy theorists on a science discussion forum, or actual muscisions would be right to view themselves as superior to those who once played the tambourine at school on a music forum.

Now, don’t take that to mean that we treat theists as inferior people - just that we view your arguments, ability to reason with regards to religion and theISM, and your ability to construct valid and well thought out arguments is inferior, which is the purpose of this site, and thus far notionally true.

For example, you’re probably a nice person, and so are anti-vaxxers and flat earthers. I would consider myself in the context of world view strength and validity - superior to all of those people, but not as a general broad statement.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
Atheists don’t hate theists
Start with a lie no reason to read the pile of crap. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
It was a semi-joke.

What is a 'spiritual experience'?  I've been deeply moved by music and news stories etc but I'm sure they 'don't count'.  

janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
You will know it when you feel it. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Start with a lie no reason to read the pile of crap. 

For it to be a lie, you have to know it’s incorrect, and you have to know I know it’s incorrect. Of course as I pointed out, you (and many other theists), simply assert bold claims loudly, and only defend them primarily with your own unwavering ignorance of your own incorrectness.

i know you can neither show the statement is incorrect, nor show I reasonably can presume it to be incorrect. It’s what you did, what Janesix did, and
what Mopac have done in this thread also.

It’s this blind ignorance of how to present your case, your unwillingness to rationalize your point of view - and your self professed unwillingness to even read opposing points of view of their justification: simply casting them aside as if your own distaste makes them wrong - that justifiably makes most atheists here think they are better than you in the context of this type of discussion forum.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@keithprosser
Not a joke,you just realized you admitted to being a liar. Atheists think any emotion is spiritual. Idiots. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Ramshutu
When you stop letting your solar energy dominate, you may begin to see reason. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
Hate filled bigot spends day "gently" telling theists they are stupid and beneath him wants respect. Nope. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@janesix
If you give me a justified reason why solar energy has anything to do with anything, and that reason holds up to the burden of logical scrutiny and basic evidentiary requirements, and provides a detailed and parsimonious explanation of reality - I will see this “reason”.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Ramshutu
You will not see reason until you are smacked upside the head with it. Your ignorance is understandable though.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Hate filled bigot spends day "gently" telling theists they are stupid and beneath him wants respect. Nope. 
“Flagged”
”what a sack of shit comparison”
”Hate filled bigot”
”you are a bigot and a supremacist”
”you hate freedom”
”idiots”
”you admitted to being a lar”
”start with a lie no reason to read that pile of crap”

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blameshifting.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
She wasn't talking to you, bigot. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
I don't want your respect. I know what you are and why you should be hated. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
She wasn't talking to you, bigot. 

She actually was very much talking to me. The clue is in the “@Ramshutu” tag at the top of her reply. This indicates the user she is replying to.

Secondly, I think you’ve hit the nail on the head: you are literally the only individual in this thread spewing bile and hatred. I suspect you are seeing the world, and the actions and motivations of others through the lens of your own intolerance and anger.

You give the impression that the only reason that you claim anyone here hates theists, is because the only prism through which you know to view disagreement is one of dislike and intolerance for the individual themselves.

way to prove my point.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
Just because you spread your hate with pretty words doesn't make it less hateful. It just means you try to hide it. Shit on a flower is shit on a flower. I see no reason to kill a flower to make others feel better about their own hate. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@janesix
You will not see reason until you are smacked upside the head with it. Your ignorance is understandable though.

I would be happy to see reason: for this, I require the following:

1.) A reasonably detailed explanation of the scenario or process you are asserting that can be validated against the world I can observe.
2.) A list of evidence and observation you feel validate your position.
3.) A basic explanation of obvious counter examples and counter evidence and why you feel these can be discarded.
4.) A basic description of how it is possible to tell your position apart from some made up nonsense, a clear set of predictions and criteria for falsification to at least give the impression you know what the world would look like if you’re wrong.
5.) An ability and willingness to defend your claims with evidence, reason and critical thinking when counter evidence and arguments are presented.

I am still waiting for you to do any of these. What you, and most other theists here do is as follows:

1.) Assert, with little (if any) justification about how you know what you’re saying is true.
2.) Snipe at or dismiss any criticism with as tenuous and short argument as you possibly can.
3.) Vehemently assert that “no one can prove me wrong”, and then restate your initial assertion.
4.) Refuse to answer questions, or walk through your explanation from first principles.
5.) Start up new threads about how unfair it is that Atheists keep posting pesky arguments against your position on religion forums. 

As you can see, these lists are somewhat different, with the example you appear to be following being mostly nonsensical.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
You will know it when you feel it. 
Which is why I said I hadn't.

janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
I know.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Just because you spread your hate with pretty words doesn't make it less hateful. It just means you try to hide it. Shit on a flower is shit on a flower. I see no reason to kill a flower to make others feel better about their own hate. 
It seems pretty clear with all your bile and vitriol, that there is literally only one person showing anything like the level of hatred you’re arguing is being shown. That’s you.

Your argument appears to be getting rather silly at this point. Atheists don’t hate theists, I’m fast getting the impression that you simply have no other way of quantifying disagreement than under that emotion. You give the impression that you hate people that disagree with you, and use this to assess the emotional drive of others.

it doesn’t work that way, I’m afraid.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
I have a strong suspicion they would not be able to pour water from a boot if the instructions were printed on the sole.

I think it’s a valid position for atheists to be viewing themselves as “superior” to theists

anti-vaxxers and flat earthers
Like I said. Shit on a flower. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think you’re confusing pity with hatred.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
Nope. But thanks for all your shit on flower comments about us morons, bigot. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Sorry, I was a bit too polite. Let me correct.

You are confusing pity with hatred.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
Nope. But thanks for all your shit on flower comments about us morons, bigot. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So much hate! 

You are of course, demonstrating exactly why I am right far better than any detailed argument I could make.

You're engaging in emotional rants, making unsupported accusations and generally acting spitefully and petulant because someone doesn’t agree with you. You could let your arguments do the talking, you could produce actual evidence, or reasoning. - but you don’t.

Its this largely irrational and emotional approach to argumentation that I find permeates many, though not all, theist attempt to justify their faith and position to others that most atheists have a profound disrespect for - because this sort of bile filled nonsense has no need for respect. 

I respect you as a human being, your right to speech, life and to be happy in whatever you want to do - but what you’re talking about is still nonsense and not deserving of respect, which is from a position of logic, rather than hate.

This is why many of us think we’re better than many of you as a matter of argument and world view. I resort to explaining my position, defending it with logic and reason, and are willing to make claims and subsequently defend them coherently.

You on the other hand, simply ramble incoherently and emotionally about how one side is “full of hate” while being the only one truly spitting invective.

I’m sure you will continue to prove me right by either not reading this, or not addressing anything I’ve said - and will simply call me names, as if that has any ability to make what I’m saying any less true.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Ramshutu
I am not here to argue but remind you bigots you are bigots. A smart person would have noticed.