-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I see that you take me as a nobody.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
We are all nobodies. Except super special Christians. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Well by that reasoning, everyone here cares about Christ and religion.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
I, as an agnostic, don't have beliefs in ghosts or weird creatures. I just try to understand what happen with people that have beliefs, like Christians or atheists. I just want to understand what the source of these beliefs are. Of course there might be an explanation for that, beginning with the fact that people have in their DNA the gene of "the believer", which means people are born to believe, it's almost genetic. Besides, I value most of these beliefs as an important drive for people's lives, but I also criticise most of it, specially atheists' beliefs, because it could be harmful for the society.

On the other side, as well as humans tend to believe in abstract things, there are others that also believe in not-proven scientific things that could turn out to be a hoax at any moment, like for example the people who believe in theories of flat earth, evolution, abiogesis, and the like.

I would say that the agnostics use all the time their common sense, and according to that they have the balls to call into question the status quo.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@IlDiavolo
I just try to understand what happen with people that have beliefs, like Christians or atheists.
Lower races, you mean? 

You have beliefs.   You believe you have bigger balls than people with beliefs. 

Perhaps you do try to understand people who have beliefs - in which case you have a long way to go.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@keithprosser
I tried to say that we don't have to believe in anything we hear from people. Not all people do that, or have the balls to reject it. People are used to just go with the flow. This is probably the reason why people are likely Christians if they grow in the Western civilisation.

I have beliefs, of course, but other kind of beliefs not associated with religion.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@IlDiavolo
If they had balls,they would pick a side.
Castin
Castin
I'm an agnostic atheist. But I think some people who call themselves agnostics may be trying to dodge the stigma associated with the label "atheist".
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I'm an agnostic atheist.
I interpret that as meaning you don't believe in god but you don't claim to know whether there is a god or not.

For my benefit,

a) Do you think it is possible to ever know if god exists? 
b) Do you think it is possible to know anything (other than trivia like defintions and tautologies)?

Reece
Reece
-->
@Castin
Depends on what definition of atheism you go by. If you go by the origins of the word "atheism", then agnostic-atheists are just atheist. 
Original atheism (atheos) meant having a lack of belief in god(s). 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Like I said coward tend to use the word agnostic. Atheist and "theist" alike. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I want to be a atheist. But I'm unfortunately agnostic. 
I kind of refuse to call myself a agnostic atheist because agnostic atheist TO me means your agnostic but hou hate saying your agnostic.

Then You start to  think about position.
The 2018 winners of this here religious forum is Team Agnostics. ' gives hand sign '.
The 204 winners of theists v atheists v agnostics .  Ladies and gentlemen .... it's team agnostic. 
Its been 5000 years plus of team Agnos. ' gives hand signals ' 

I hate being agnostic , i never admit to it. 
I'm agnostic because the theists who started the game of religions the very day religious group #0000000000000000000002 started whilst religion group number one was running. 

Being agnostic and knowing full well ( well believing )  the Atheists are the correct ones is hard.
This i feel is the price i pay for the theists having until  " INFINITY  O'CLOCK " to prove god exists.
So in the meanwhile we can pretend he exists.
No but seriously. Having until forever to prove god exists is handy right ?

Very well played. 

I suspect you've even given up looking for a god.  
But you're in a religious group ' HI 5 '.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Keep smoking joints and being a bigot.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
K

Also I kind of think you and i on this subject have near / cloes to the same option.
Good day.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
God either exists or he doesn't exist.  It's one or the other.  FULL STOP. 
So Being agnostic is wrong. 
But ummmmmmmmm its right. 

No that's worded wrong hey ?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Keep smoking joints and being a bigot.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I want to be a atheist. But I'm unfortunately agnostic. 
I kind of refuse to call myself a agnostic atheist because agnostic atheist TO me means your agnostic but hou hate saying your agnostic.

Then You start to  think about position.
The 2018 winners of this here religious forum is Team Agnostics. ' gives hand sign '.
The 204 winners of theists v atheists v agnostics .  Ladies and gentlemen .... it's team agnostic. 
Its been 5000 years plus of team Agnos. ' gives hand signals ' 

I hate being agnostic , i never admit to it. 
I'm agnostic because the theists who started the game of religions the very day religious group #0000000000000000000002 started whilst religion group number one was running. 

Being agnostic and knowing full well ( well believing )  the Atheists are the correct ones is hard.
This i feel is the price i pay for the theists having until  " INFINITY  O'CLOCK " to prove god exists.
So in the meanwhile we can pretend he exists.
No but seriously. Having until forever to prove god exists is handy right ?

Very well played. 

I suspect you've even given up looking for a god.  
But you're in a religious group ' HI 5 '.
Well stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Reece
Depends on what definition of atheism you go by. If you go by the origins of the word "atheism", then agnostic-atheists are just atheist. 
Original atheism (atheos) meant having a lack of belief in god(s). 
I don't believe in Theo.

I am currently unconvinced.
Fallaneze
Fallaneze
It depends on the definitions you use.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If Team Theist agree to signing a contract saying they have 10,000 years  or100,000 years to prove God exists from now i will be able to be a atheist tomorrow.  A legit one. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
No one has to prove anything to have a right to a belief. Mind control is counter to freedom. Deb hates freedom especially religious freedom. People who hate freedom should loose theirs. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@keithprosser
I think being agnostic is more of a way to find the truth. We don't believe there is a God, but we don't either believe there isn't a God. I mean, we're just interested in finding the truth, meaning that we don't take a position. In my particular case I drew some conclusions about it, which is God is something that might have always existed but people misinterpreted all along.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If they had balls,they would pick a side.

Doing what all people do? This is not to have balls.
disgusted
disgusted
@wicked
Be brave and insane and believe in every god ever invented, that'll learn 'em.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
If Team Theist agree to signing a contract saying they have 10,000 years  or100,000 years to prove God exists from now i will be able to be a atheist tomorrow.  A legit one. 
I think it would be perfectly reasonable to set a time limit of your expected lifetime.

If you can't reasonably "prove" the existence of Theo before I die, then I do not believe in the existence of Theo.