So, the "teens harassing Native American" viral video thing...

Author: Castin

Total: 57
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Idiot can't follow a conversation when linked. Nice job moron. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
if agreeing with you makes me an idiot what does that make you?
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Whatever might've happened, it certainly did not warrant the sheer level of national outrage that it generated. People issuing death threats to these kids, trying to doxx them, celebrities publicly wishing ill upon these kids, etc.
I will not be surprised at all if in the near future the press's atrocity propaganda against whites results in actual violence against them. That's historically been what atrocity propaganda leads to.
The actions of the press are increasingly a threat to our lives, for which any and all means by which we might defend ourselves are now justified.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
I find the developing civil lawsuits interesting.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Swagnarok
The actions of the press are increasingly a threat to our lives,
Dude, your confuse an ignorant of a world without a free press would be like.  Please try and use some rational, logical common sense uses of humans free press.  Yes they make mistakes, Who doesnt?

They often rectify their mistake, except for Fox news.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Oh i didn't need a creepy stare down when i was his age... adults legit feared me considering i could beat up most of them. The creepy stare thing could have come in handy for when i didn't want to go aggro i guess. He did do it pretty well. My half smiles look horrible... i'm envies of that beauty.  
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Psychopath. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@mustardness
Don't get me wrong, The press serves a useful purpose in reporting what's happening in the world. I'm not discounting that. I myself probably read more news than most people here (and the vast majority of it is actually from centrist, left-leaning, or hard-left sources, despite what some people might think).
What I see is that they're painting a nigh-apocalyptic view of the world, in which all problems facing the human race are scapegoated onto straight, white, Christian males. I'm afraid because there are tens of millions of people who, like me, voraciously consume whatever these outlets churn out but who, unlike me, actually believe it.
There are, thus, tens of millions of people in this country who are constantly in a state of anger directed towards people like me, more or less because people like me exist. That some idiot in a Trump hat might occasionally come along and say something not-so-nice towards somebody is something that they get angry about and then project those emotions onto people like me. Obviously I can't help what some random idiot in a Trump hat somewhere might say or do, so likewise I can't help that those certain people hate me. I believe what I do and I'm not keen to change that, but I don't go out of my way to mistreat strangers who are different from me. The same can be said for the vast majority of the 60 million people who voted for Donald Trump, or who are Evangelical Christians, or whatever else.
If they hate me, and if they're in a nigh-constant state of hatred towards me, then I have ample reason to believe that those people will one day be incited to commit violence against people like me.
(If I'm not mistaken, it was something like a broadcast coming from a single radio tower in Rwanda which incited the Hutus to murder about a million of their Tutsi neighbors.)

The media is stirring up these emotions in these people, and therefore the media increases the risks to my life, on a personal level to some small degree at least.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
Hate sells more than truth.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
No kidding. The US press will not be happy until they start a war.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Swagnarok
they're painting a nigh-apocalyptic view of the world, in which all problems facing the human race are scapegoated onto straight, white, Christian males.
You mean like most of republican congress ex M. Pence. 

You need to educate yourself what USA citizens feel in danger and sure ain't white christian males. This is just your and their paranoia rasing ist scary head.

Who has done most mass killings in USA? White males who may not have claimed to be christain sometime in their lives?

What color of skin is targeted and profile by police in USA more than whites? Blacks etc

What gender has had more rapes and domestic and abuse than white male christian man? Women

Now we have the white{ Orange }Trumpanzee head of USA and his lawyer{ count Olock }  making veiled threats against M Cohen and his family.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Oh i didn't need a creepy stare down when i was his age... adults legit feared me considering i could beat up most of them. The creepy stare thing could have come in handy for when i didn't want to go aggro i guess. He did do it pretty well. My half smiles look horrible... i'm envies of that beauty.  
He is a friggin' prodigy is what he is. There was one point where I thought the video had frozen because he wasn't moving or blinking, but then the crowd moved and I realized he was just holding that fucking still. Skill level: 1,000.

Adults in your childhood who give you a hard time, like an asshole teacher who gets off on intimidating students, know you won't beat them up. The consequences would be too severe. The power they hold over kids is psychological, not just physical. So yep I'd say a non-aggro tactic would be pretty handy.
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
People like you really don't belong on a debate site. Sites like these specifically exist for people wishing to discuss important things, with the odd non-serious post to blow off steam. Moreover, I come here to *escape* idiots and shallow thinkers, because they are numerous irl. I have PLENTY of acquaintances irl whom can't think much beyond their immediate needs -- I don't need to find anymore in my free time. All you seem to do is use this place to demonstrate your weird, unfunny sense of humour by posting an endless stream of empty, light-hearted comments, probably because you drive everyone away with it irl. You don't post anything thought provoking which is, you know, the whole point of coming to a place like this. If you want to make friends, go to Facebook or something like that. Stop polluting this site with inane nonsense masquerading as political discussion.
R.I.P. Castin

I'll be honest: I really miss DDO. It still had these junk threads back in the day, but at least it had enough worthwhile content to satiate. I'm not bashing the owner or mods for this site, because they're arguably better than they were on DDO, but a decent chunk of Dart's userbase leaves a lot to be desired. I know I complained about this before, but it's just so disappointing that this place has yet to replace DDO adequately. 
I agree. For what it's worth, this site does have a small handful of intellectually worthwhile users. But that group isn't large or ideologically diverse enough to sustain a forum. I find it easier to just specifically seek those people out via PM when I have something I want to discuss.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Adults in your childhood who give you a hard time, like an asshole teacher who gets off on intimidating students, know you won't beat them up. The consequences would be too severe. The power they hold over kids is psychological, not just physical. So yep I'd say a non-aggro tactic would be pretty handy. 
Depends which grade we are talking about. I remember a gym teacher in middle school getting the crap beat out of him bc he was talking shit on some kid saying 'you won't hit me...' Well, the kid hit him pretty damn hard. I mean, i'm exaggerating bc the teacher won... but i bet his face hurt bc he couldn't hit the kid back.  
Castin
Castin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
making a judgement about someone's physical looks in the context of the o.p. speaks for itself,  whether I do that as well, I certainly wouldn't do it publicly, but if that's how you wish others to perceive you, that's a choice I guess
Ah, lighten up. Of course I don't know this kid, it was just a video a few minutes long. It's absurd to draw a complete personal judgment about anyone from that. That goes without saying and I'm not gonna let it stop me from making jokes about news items purely for amusement to brighten my day. I'm tired of it coming down to "political correctness vs humor". Noop. Noooop. I make my stand here, hombre. You can have my irreverent humor when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. I regret nothing. Bring it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@spacetime
GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS;
AVERAGE MINDS DISCUSS EVENTS;
SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE.

-E. Roosevelt.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
I lovingly handed-crafted this thread specifically for you. You know that right. I noticed it had been 0.62 hours since you'd said anything was beneath your intellect, and a critical 1.32 hours since you'd made a judgmental psychoanalysis of someone else's life, and I knew you had to be jonesing bad and getting the sweats and shakes. I thoughtfully created an opportunity for you to get a fix and you didn't even thank me. Rude.

Anyway, I dunno, does my thread history support that I don't make serious threads? No point denying that there haven't been a lot of engrossing topics lately, mostly due to low traffic methinks, but your post comes too close to "no fun allowed". As long as other legit discussion is available, there's nothing wrong with horseplay in principle. Maybe it's because I only showed up on DDO in its last two years, but I didn't see any appreciable difference between the quality of its threads and DART's. I think you need to stop expecting every thread on an internet forum to be a Stanford dissertation and stop complaining when that doesn't happen. Anyhow, I think this is the only goof-off thread on the entire first page of this subforum. If just one thread pisses you off this much I'd say you're easily pissed off, ASp.

ASp is the nickname I have settled upon for you, make a note. It is superior because it is both a correct shortening and a fitting description. I'm incredibly pleased with myself.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Depends which grade we are talking about. I remember a gym teacher in middle school getting the crap beat out of him bc he was talking shit on some kid saying 'you won't hit me...' Well, the kid hit him pretty damn hard. I mean, i'm exaggerating bc the teacher won... but i bet his face hurt bc he couldn't hit the kid back.  
What happened to the kid?
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@spacetime
R.I.P. Castin
She brings it on herself, tbh. Much like a whole bunch of other characters on here, you only have to point out what they do, in order to roast them.

I agree. For what it's worth, this site does have a small handful of intellectually worthwhile users. But that group isn't large or ideologically diverse enough to sustain a forum. I find it easier to just specifically seek those people out via PM when I have something I want to discuss.
Maybe I should consider doing that. Half the time the only worthwhile response I get is from Skep.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
He got suspended. But he eventually came back i think, either to the middle school or high school... i can't remember. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Castin
Mod harassing a member. Watch how nothing is done about it. Bitch. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
I think you need to stop expecting every thread on an internet forum to be a Stanford dissertation and stop complaining when that doesn't happen
Lol ... tell Mike to make a thumbs up for the forums... this was funny. I love have people with superiority complexes think everything should be their way or the highway. I mean, i most definitely have a superiority complex too... but i know how to shut it off at least, so i can't remember ever being guilty of thinking everyone on the forums are beneath me and should follow my rules.  

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Now others are harassing said person because mod gets away with it.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Castin
I lovingly handed-crafted this thread specifically for you. You know that right. I noticed it had been 0.62 hours since you'd said anything was beneath your intellect, and a critical 1.32 hours since you'd made a judgmental psychoanalysis of someone else's life, and I knew you had to be jonesing bad and getting the sweats and shakes. I thoughtfully created an opportunity for you to get a fix and you didn't even thank me. Rude. 
Castin, thank you so much for making a big effort to write an utterly worthless thread (again). It's fantastic to see you valuing the work I do, and the "critical" time since I was able to call a retard out for being retarded. Unfortunately, you're competing against about 80% of all the other threads posted on here, so it's really hard to see what a bright star you truly are. There are people on here who, judging by what they post, beat their heads in with a shovel on the daily. I hate to break it to you, but you're competing against Dart's shovel-to-head retardation, and so the market you're in is quite saturated. Please don't take ignorance of your very special brand of shallow, worthless posting as personal. I try my best to recognise the intellectual incompetence of everyone, and you have a lot going for you in that department.

Anyway, I dunno, does my thread history support that I don't make serious threads? No point denying that there haven't been a lot of engrossing topics lately, mostly due to low traffic methinks, but your post comes too close to "no fun allowed". As long as other legit discussion is available, there's nothing wrong with horseplay in principle. Maybe it's because I only showed up on DDO in its last two years, but I didn't see any appreciable difference between the quality of its threads and DART's. I think you need to stop expecting every thread on an internet forum to be a Stanford dissertation and stop complaining when that doesn't happen. Anyhow, I think this is the only goof-off thread on the entire first page of this subforum. If just one thread pisses you off this much I'd say you're easily pissed off, ASp. 
My dear Castin, as important as you are (very important), you're not important enough to have someone trawl your thread history. I'm commenting purely from the memory of you posting dull, shallow threads that belong on high-I.Q. gated communities, like Twitter. I'm so wrong for being disappointed with threads that attempt to determine whether someone is "creepy". It was incredibly funny and witty, all with your usual, charming quirks added in for more viewing pleasure. This is why you have to come onto the internet to find people who will tolerate you.

I'm sorry for suggesting that quality content should be published, too. I'm so glad we have users like you who constantly post "goof-off" threads, in order to help balance the site's content. I hope your goof-offs eventually evolve into log-offs.

ASp is the nickname I have settled upon for you, make a note. It is superior because it is both a correct shortening and a fitting description. I'm incredibly pleased with myself. 
If I'm an ASp, we should call you Cleopatra.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
I don't think that being thick skinned translates to being indifferent/cynical about everything. It refers to shrugging off personal attacks and that's pretty much it. A state of cynical detachment seems like the opposite of thick-skinned to me; it just dodges all potential conflicts instead of engaging with what one finds to be wrong.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Now others are harassing said person because mod gets away with it. 
I genuinely don't care. I've been in the unpopular minority plenty of times in my life. Add to that the fact that I swung first at Castin (with reasonable arguments, mind you), and I don't blame her for swinging back. In fact, I'd be surprised if she took it laying down.

I don't like what Castin does on here and I will continue to criticise her. I know she feels intimidated by this because I am the queen bee around here, despite her mod status. If she wants to defend herself, mod or not, then bring it on -- let's see what she's made of.

325 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
This is a spread of true bullying propoganda. When ANTIFA blacks were insulting them by calling them "f*gg*t crackers", they sang the song. This native guy is in the 100% wrong and the news media like CNN twisted to a way where the innocent 16yr old is shamed for life. Liberals do it again