Time can never change.

Author: Somebody

Total: 75
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@Somebody
What have you done with your miserable life?
I really do hope you seriously ask yourself that question, it must be a nightmare embracing so much ignorance and stupidity.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Goldtop
If you remember Edlvsjd from DDO, the interesting thing about the guy is that he at least pretended to be in the realm of scientific thought. There was obvious cherry picking, ignoring data that disagreed with him, and generally being irrationally incoherent. 

However, just because he dipped a toe into the pool of scientific knowledge meant that there was some level of basis for his claims. My favourite was that he often claimed that YouTube experiments always showed water isn’t curved - and sometimes even though you know the guy is an idiot, and wrong - you don’t always know the answer to the nonsense.

I love these types of pseudoscientists, because you end up being able to a super scientific sleuth when trying to debunk them. I find it interesting learning about atmospheric lapse rates and terrestrial refraction due to air, and photo analysis - and even finding novel observations that prove the earth is spherical was interesting.

Of course, he’s deny everything when disproven, then stop talking to you. But the bottom line was that he was just smart enough to ask questions that were interesting to answer and let everyone learn something when he did.

This guy, is either a troll and a buffoon; and there seems to be very little intelligence there, to the point where he doesn’t even offer that value. I think the best idea is to actually turn it into an opportunity to talk about identifying the anatomy of pseudoscience.
Somebody
Debates: 6
Somebody
-->
@Ramshutu
Of course, he’s deny everything when disproven, then stop talking to you. But the bottom line was that he was just smart enough to ask questions that were interesting to answer and let everyone learn something when he did.
I think they call this condition dyslexia.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Ramshutu
I love these types of pseudoscientists, because you end up being able to a super scientific sleuth when trying to debunk them.
When I was an admin/mod, we used to get rid of these guys or at the very least, corral them in a forum together in an Alternative where they couldn't run insane roughshod over the other forums.

Instead, we created mentors to invite people, often university students to join and ask questions. This promoted a far more interesting forum where folks actually enjoyed scientific sluething rather than dealing with mr. crazy pants and the trolls, like Somebody and Edlvsjd.

Somebody
Somebody
-->
@Goldtop
Yeah, your right! I think the last time a dictator corralled people he didn't like into far away places was Hitler's Germany and the place was called Auschwitz. lol

Its a good thing that you haven't got the same powers as Adolf Hitler's protege Chris Smith and the Naked Science forum.

That forum is all about hiding science from the public and not exposing it as the title pretends to suggest. Thus, the only naked thing about Chris Smith is his bare faced cheek and secret agenda to protect a corrupted science and medical system.

Note - It was the pharmaceutical industry that gave Adolf Hitler all the money he needed to create a police state dictatorship.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Goldtop
That’s a pretty good idea! Separating the crazy from the people who want to discuss actual science is a good idea. It would mean somebody could spam out some other forum with this nonsense, like whether bees really exist, or that air is a conspiracy.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Ramshutu
There's usually 2 such subforums, a general catch all crazy, a cesspool or asylum... and then one connected to the science forum for psuedo, crank and bat shit crazy stuff, like the flat earth, anti vax,  or 'I spoke with aliens' type of stuff. Post crazy anywhere else on the forums and you get booted. Works like a dream.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Somebody
Chris Smith and the Naked Science forum.

That forum is all about hiding science from the public
Yet, its a public forum on the internet accessed by billions of people who can get their science questions answered. And, its hiding?

How are you so clueless?

Somebody
Somebody
-->
@Goldtop
Yet, its a public forum on the internet accessed by billions of people who can get their science questions answered. And, its hiding?

How are you so clueless?

Yeah, its called hiding in plain sight. That's because Chris Smith is a virologist and I used to work in an electron microscope lab so I know there aren't any viruses. Thus, he has to shut down people like me so that he can continue his little scam. The real purpose of the website is a filtering device so that dissidents never get to have their say. Thus, a corrupt system is protected against being found out as being frauds and charlatans. Thus, all medical people are really frauds and charlatans because there is only one disease which is called vitamin deficiency. They can't afford for this information to ever reach the public because it will mean long jail terms for all medical personnel.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Somebody
I used to work in an electron microscope lab
That is a blatant lie, no sane person would allow you in a lab let alone touch anything.

I know there aren't any viruses... Thus, all medical people are really frauds and charlatans... it will mean long jail terms for all medical personnel.
No, you're just insane and really stupid.

76 days later

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Somebody
"using a value larger than the speed of light does not yield a negative number, which would imply backward time travel. Rather, it yields the square root of a negative number--an imaginary number. Imaginary numbers have no way to be interpreted in the real world."

Which is why faster than light travel is impossible.

109 days later

ebuc
ebuc
Observed Time aka reality/energy is a constant change/transformation of occupied space, ergo Universe.

Time is myriad set frequencies in change that are eternally changing to between a finite set of frequencies ergo the only perpetual motion machine.

7 days later

Paul
Paul
-->
@Somebody
If Einstein is allowed to do thought experiments then Its OK for others as well. Have you tested it? How do you know that light speed can't be increased? Is it because somebody told you so and you believed them?

It's NOT okay for others to do thought experiments, especially you.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Somebody
Time isn't a measurement of anything. 

Events seemingly have the ability to occur.

And likewise they also seemingly have the space in which to do so.

Time and space are just intangible references that we make, relative to events that we either perceive or assume.
ebuc
ebuc
<<< Past /\/\/\/\/\/ < Out < ( * i  * ) In < /\/\/\/\/\/ Future <<<

Observed Time = Frequency /\/\/\/\/\/ aka sine-wave frequency of nodal vertexia bing >> ping >> bing >> ping

Four nodal vertexia { Y } define interrelated set of six chords and the minimal 3D quantum enclosures of space as inside and outside as  the tetra{4}hedron \Y/. 

Nodal events = V ergo two lines of relationship

Nodal vertexia = Y ergo 3 lines-of-relationship
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Observed Time aka reality/energy is a constant change/transformation of occupied space, ergo Universe.

Time is myriad set frequencies in change that are eternally changing to between a finite set of frequencies ergo the only perpetual motion machine.