Reading the Bible: Genesis - Noah's Flood Begins

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 105
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The pagans don't have The Truth as their God. They worship for gods created things and forces of nature. It is not the same. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
Btw - I think God could kill every human being and be justified
But as you've spent so much verbiage in this post already claiming what you as a human think about what your imaginary god does is absolutely meaningless. You people believe a book of lying contradictions and so you think that contradicting yourselves will convince people who think. Nah doesn't work.
LOL! do you think your comments are so brilliant that it ends the discussion? talk about naivety. If you took the time to read the post you would have noticed it was a response to the poster of this topic. In his previous discussion with me he distinguished between moral justifications and a dictionary definition of the word genocide. My response refuted his definition. I then went on to discuss whether morality was something that could be applied to God from our puny human position - a point I noted - I did not concede. I had already made the comment previously in the penultimate post that only standards that God himself had  provided were possible to hold him to account. Hence, me saying that "God could kill every human being and be justified" is perfectly accurate and not contradictory at all. God holds himself to a perfect standard that he determines. He has no reason to justify himself to us - because we are not sitting in judgment over him or hold any jurisdiction over him. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
wah wah
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret
Your lies are obvious, I just need to compare what you claim to have written with what you actually wrote, you poor thing. Your god is ultimately and exclusively answerable to humans, after all, humans created him.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
Your god is ultimately and exclusively answerable to humans, after all, humans created him.
I don't see how a non-existing god can be answerable.   That would be like blaming Sherlock Holmes for not catching Jack the Ripper.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
@disgusted
Can either of you say...

"There is no ultimate reality"?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
Wiith no difficuty whatsover.

'There is Ultimate Reality'  - but it doesn't resemble God or any god.   There's no use praying to it nor expecting it to look after your non-existant soul.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
THERE IS NO ULTIMATE REALITY. That term is redundant, if you add an adjective to an absolute it becomes a tautology. Your beliefs are nonsensical.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I personally prefer the 'super-duper' reality. It is an equally useful term, but sounds 20% more badass (at the expense of also sounding only 0.3% more childish, a fair trade)

In fact, that is how I am going to refer to reality from now on.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You make a good argument.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Sounds like you have an aversion to the word "God" because you are superstitious. 

The Ultimate Reality is God. If you believe in The Ultimate Reality existing, you believe in God, whether you acknowledge this as God or not.

But in doing so, you fulfill the scripture...

"...so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
There is no ultimate reality eh?

Nothing is ultimately real.

You profess this, so it can be understood that you have no conviction in anything you say. Nothing you say can be true. There can't even be a shadow of truth in it, because there is no truth. Reality to you is whatever you can get away with.

In otherwords, you have been defeated by your own nihilism.

Satan has let you down tremendously.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yet "Ultimate Reality" actually means something, it is not an arbitrary thing. Otherwise, why even make the distinction between "Ultimate Reality" and "reality"?

You dismiss what you don't understand.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
I don't have any problem with the word 'god', except that it's nor easy to distinguish between 'God' and 'god'.  
Let me try to explain why your approach isn't working despite dozens of repetitions of the mantras 'God is the Ultmate Reality' and 'God is The Truth'.

It's very like a sun worshipper who keeps saying "The Sun is God, God is the Sun; you cannot deny the Sun exists, yet you deny God exists."

I think you would not accept the sun worshipper's argument!  But your argument is no different.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Your invincible ignorance is not a legitimate argument.

What I am saying is true, it isn't something you can just disregard.

It is not as arbitrary as you make it.

keithprosser
keithprosser
If I disregrarded it I wouldn't be engaging with you.

My only beef is your silly contention that disbelieving in God (capital G) entails not believing in reality.   I might be prepated to accept that speaking looseley and figuratively reality and 'Truth' can be 'a god' (small g), but you seem to be claiming more than that - ie that reality and truth are identical to the God of [orthodox] Christianity.  That may be an item of faith (as it is for you) but it is not an inevitable logical consequence.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
You have an idea of what Christianity is. When I say "The Ultimate Reality is God", you are trying to reconcile that with what you think you know Christianity to be.

That is why you are confused.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
One of us is confused.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
You claim that "ultimate reality" is a non-arbitrary, useful term but also that it is a different concept than actual reality (though you intentionally leave any explanation vague besides saying "that's what God is")

So, I believe toenails are real. I don't believe that the afterlife is real or that abstract concepts like "truth" can cause universes to exist. How then would you classify my perception regarding the trinity of the ultimate reality, the super-duper reality, and actual reality?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
@Discipulus_Didicit

Reality as it actually is. Reality in the truest sense of the world. Eternal unchanging reality. The reality that there is no reality apart from.

Contrast that, ultimate reality with the reality of....

Toenails.

Do you understand that The Ultimate Reality necessarily exists or are you still struggling with the concept?

Everything is contingent on understanding that this is The Name of God. If you don't accept this as God, it is impossible that anything else would make sense because everything else is contingent on this being God.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Reality as it actually is. Reality in the truest sense of the world. Eternal unchanging reality. The reality that there is no reality apart from.

So... Reality, then. Yes. I am familiar with the concept.

Contrast that, ultimate reality with the reality of....

Toenails.

Toenails are real. I guarantee they are definately 100% super-duper real, I am sure of it. If we were colocated I could prove it to you.

You didn't answer my question though.

Once again the question was this: imagine a person that believes in physical things but does not believe that an afterlife exists and does not believe that abstract concepts are capable of creating universes. How would you characterize that persons view of your "ultimate reality"? How would you characterize that persons view of "reality"?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I would say that it is silly to think that there can be reality at all without Ultimate Reality. The Ultimate Reality is not a concept, it is what it is. We use concepts to describe it, but what else can we do? We are after all, using the medium of creation to describe the Uncreated.

As for an afterlife.. after you die, the world will still be there. The Truth is eternal. 

"this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

And Jesus Christ is The Word of God, that word being Truth. As it is written...

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."

So if that is all confusing, the meaning hidden in plain sight is this... Christianity is Truth Worship. That is Christianity demystified. Don't believe it? Well, I am telling you plainly what is expressed through parable.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Why would you think that the words of the IPSS would convince me of anything? They wrote that the sun revolved around a flat earth with a solid dome over it and you take their drivel seriously? bwuahahahahaha
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
Yes! Why didn't Sherlock catch Jack? A very good question indeed.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
There is no ultimate reality eh?
Tautologies exist because of ignorant, indoctrinated godists like you.

The rest of the post is meaningless indoctrinated drivel that you waste on someone who thinks ie me.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
As for an afterlife.. after you die, the world will still be there. The Truth is eternal. 
I can't disgree wth that!  But will 'I' (or 'you') still be there?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser

"All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
surely the people is grass....The grass withereth.
The OT prophets did not believe in everlasting life - hence Isaiah reminds us we will wither like grass.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Yet even Isaiah wrote "Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise."

There is a great mystery to eternal life, and that mystery is Jesus Christ, who is that very Word of God that stands forever.

Know God, know The Word. That is life eternal.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The scribblings of the IPSS, oh dear.