is trump a racist, or just have racist views?

Author: linate

Total: 94
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
he says things that are racist, but that doesn't mean he is one. 
apparently a mexican judge can't be neutral because he is mexican.
Well that same Judge ruled against him in a lawsuit. Not saying its not silly AF to posit a conflict of interest for a US Judges, born in Indiana, on the basis of national heritage. But Trump just seems fmpov to just not like the dude cause of the lawsuit, cause when that same judge upheld construction of his border wall in california, he was like, "A US Judge gave us a big win" 🔥😰

he said obama wasn't born in the usa.
Not saying it wasn't silly considering enough evidence was fmpov present to conclude he was born in Hawaii. But a non-native national parent for a President is gonna raise eyebrows and paranoia. I think it started out as paranoia, and turned into a pissing match between the two. Pretty sure Obama got his jabs in too 😂

the only thing basis in both cases that trump had to say anything was color of skin.
If you decide to ignore that people are... people, and dont act rude or petty or mean, etc. to one another unless they're a different race. Then yeah, the only basis 🤔

it's an unjustified prejudice, even if he's not fully aware of it. 

A prejudice sure, but prejudices, biases if you will, come in all manner of varities. Why must it only be race? 🤔

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Buddamoose
A prejudice sure, but prejudices, biases if you will, come in all manner of varities. Why must it only be race?
Because that is the one sjw's like.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I think he's just an idiot.

But that's just me.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Beelzedad
You're confused. The Russian lawyer was about being a spy, not Russian. 
So wait, hold up, people aren't always what they say they are? And being a Russian spy had nothing at all to do with Russia? Hrmmmmm 🤔

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
So wait, hold up, people aren't always what they say they are? And being a Russian spy had nothing at all to do with Russia? Hrmmmmm 🤔
Don't be silly. The left can be jingoistic and nationalistic where Russia is concerned.

Oops...

vagabond
vagabond
Just look at how the devout try so desperately to defend their unabashed racism, it is so sad.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Just look at how the devout try so desperately to defend their unabashed racism, it is so sad.
Idk man, people have varied AF personalities and jumping immediately to, "its racist" ignores alot of aspects of being human 🤔. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
The left can be jingoistic and nationalistic where Russia is concerned.

Im not sure if it's seen as either. Russia is a predominantly white country, i think white = bad. Russia = white. Therefore Russia = bad. 

Might be what's going on 🤔

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Though given its Russia, a jingoistic reaction is understandable. "Its not the Cold War Mitt" was a silly sentiment and foolish at the time it was said.  I'm just glad Dems have come to see Russia actually was and is still very much a threat 👏. 
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@Buddamoose
I mean, even then, it was two years before the Crimean Annexation Crisis. Things weren't as bad.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Things weren't as bad.

True, we were just coming off 8 years of Bush, and him and Putin got along well, mainly fmpov because Bush showed a total willingness to use overt military action. Incorrect move with Iraq, but that + Afghanistan sent a message loud and clear nonetheless. Putins ass kissing was lying low so he didnt get the boot himself 😂. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
For the record, Bush was a dolt when it came to threat assessment, but as a hawk that comes with the added benefit of other foes keeping their heads low so as not to draw attention. Bush is just the kinda guy to be fooled by that. Intelligent, but a bit slow and gullible fmpov 🤔
Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Buddamoose
That's not what we were talking about. Being a Russian spy denotes the spy came from Russia and it was the spying that was being criticized. Greyparrot was confused in equivocating that with Trumps remarks about a person of Mexican heritage.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Beelzedad
Questioning impartiality due to shared national heritage? Its silly cause of who the judge is, but its not an outlandish claim to make. Nor does it denote race either. 

Again, why are you ignoring the actual person? That Trump has a huge ego is no big secret, he's also confrontational and tends to talk think in simple terms. Agree with me = good, disagree = bad. Sound familiar?  😏

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
See you jump to racism, i go, "why attribute evil where pettiness and ego suffice? 🤔

I think a better question is, why are you ignoring that politicians or anyone else really, are people. They have all manner of reasons for misbehavior. Like i got into a fight over cereal once, not saying it was right, just saying, don't touch my loops 😤.

Racism and bigotry require intent, even if people may be unconscious biased in all manner of ways to a variety of things, that doesn't mean they are those things. 

Its chasing a ghost. We couldnt ever use it, for say, in a courtroom, because you cant quantify to what degree thought = action. Because not all thoughts, produce action. From my personal experience, not many overall 🤔
Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Buddamoose
This particular event with the Mexican judge is one of many racist comments Trump has made. There is no question he is a racist.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Mexico has races who live there, some indigenous and some not.
They have various ethnicities, but so does nearly every country. So by consequence, now every nation that has various "races" living within it = seperate race... 🤔 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Beelzedad
There is no question he is a racist.

Coming from someone who is equating nationality to race..Im gonna hit (X) for doubt
Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Buddamoose
Hopefully, this helps you to understand races.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct, that is, a symbolic identity created to establish some cultural meaning. While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.[

Ok then by necessary consequence any espousal of negative sentiments against any cultural group, is automatically bigoted and/or racist. 

That in itself is nonsense, if we are going to classify things concretely, and attribute evil, those grounds need be better than that. This in itself is admitting race isnt real in any concrete sense. 

That also necessarily means you are equating nationality with race. Nation is a symbolic identity to establish cultural meaning. Ergo, it is a race. 

But then by consequence racism loses all nefarious meaning. There is nothing inherently wrong with
with criticizing a cultural group, if those criticisms are justified. As a part of culture is behavior and customs. And certain behaviors and customs are in actuality, incompatible and antithetical to others. 

Like cultures that practice paedophilia and child marriages, are quite incompatible with those who dont. Its not nefarious to point that out. But yet, by this nonsense, its racist. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Sure, if you want to define race that way, go ahead. But racism by consequence loses most of its negative connotations because it comes to affect realms of criticism that are more than reasonable to state. 

Like, when for example, somebody wants to say, "giving hormone blockers to a 3 year old is borderline, if not outright, child abuse" and they are labeled as transphobic. It loses much of its negative connotations because it's being applied in realms that are not nefarious and/or evil sentiments to espouse. 

Beelzedad
Beelzedad
-->
@Buddamoose
I'm not looking to define "race" as there are already well thought out definitions. It's another story to ignore those definitions in order to defend racism.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Beelzedad
You do understand if all those definitions are predicated upon the quoted, all the criticisms of that presupposition equally apply to all definitions derived from it? 

"There's a bunch of definitions of race"

Ok, and this is the one you are obviously using because you linked me to it.. and you are doing exactly what i said results from the supplied definition. That is, equating nationality and race. Even if "Mexican" is a race, it is also a Nationality as "Mexico" is a nation. 

As I said, using the supplied metric, necessarily means any national identity is consequentially a race 🤔, so long as it is a "symbolic identity created to establish some cultural meaning". 

Its clever sophistry, and one that seeks to make any criticisms of any cultural identity groups racist. But if that is the case, as i said, race loses its negative connotations by consequence. Because it comes to include criticisms that are, otherwise, wholly valid criticisms. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
So yeah sure, call people racist. Either by equating Nationality with race, or by implicit bias. But either way, the term loses its wholly negative connotations at that point by consequence.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Though given its Russia, a jingoistic reaction is understandable. "Its not the Cold War Mitt" was a silly sentiment and foolish at the time it was said.  I'm just glad Dems have come to see Russia actually was and is still very much a threat 👏. 
I know that was off topic, but I find it ironic that the left  displays some of the very traits they claim Trump espouses, but of course, few on the left will admit this.

The same applies to racism. Given the proper context, the left can be vitriolically racist as well. (see here)

Maybe the reason why the left subconsciously fears Trump and goes into hysterics instead of ignoring him when he says dumb things is because deep down, it reminds them of themselves. This explains alot about how Antifa came to be.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@ethang5
Didnt Trump call all African countries shithole countries? 

Several African leaders found Trumps comments very racist.

i am surprised you live in Ghana, Africa and see his comments as a compliment.  Is that how you would like to be defined too?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Why would you link me to that? Idc if its racist or not, that is just loaded with face palms 😐
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Harikrish
Where can I find the definitive list of Trump's shithole countries?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Why would you link me to that? Idc if its racist or not, that is just loaded with face palms 😐
Because the entire pedestal the left sits on regarding racism is loaded with facepalms.