do you also support democrats declaring a national emergency?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 116
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
it's in the title, it's about stopping people getting in, you moved them by talking about deporting the illegals already in, stick to the topic.
You mean this title???????? "do you also support democrats declaring a national emergency?"?????????????????

Then you say, "it's the drain on my tax money that I don't like and should be stopped." [LINK]

Apparently it's NOT "off-topic" when you make baseless claims, but when I ask you for your evidence for those claims, THEN suddenly it's "stick to the topic".
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Imagine if the military 20 years ago asked Congress for Humvee armored plates to protect from roadside bombs and the Congress said "steel doesn't work...they will just make bigger bombs"...

Why do people hate border patrol and the military?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Imagine if the military 20 years ago asked Congress for Humvee armored plates to protect from roadside bombs and the Congress said "steel doesn't work...they will just make bigger bombs"...

Why do people hate border patrol and the military?
Adding plates to a humvee does not make an MRAP. [LINK]
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Nice, so you support Donald Rumsfeld that snake.

It's pointless to quibble with you. You hate the military and border patrol.

When the Border patrol gets the wall they want, then they will ask for tunnel detectors, and you will say (OF COURSE)

"They will just dig deeper tunnels so NO YOU CANT HAVE ANY SEISMIC DETECTORS"

Just disband the military and border patrol and call it a day.

mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@3RU7AL
But when you make the logical leap to, "a wall is the perfect solution and will magically fix ALL CRIME!!!!!!!!!" this simply doesn't make any sense and there is no evidence to support such a ridiculous claim.
Thank God there still exist rational, logical common sense humans on Earth.  Bru7al Rocks

The irrational, illogical lack of common sense Trumpanzee boat  ---not enough of them to need a ship----.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
It's pointless to quibble with you. You hate the military and border patrol.
As long as we're throwing out random, baseless characterizations, "it's pointless to quibble with you.  You hate all foreigners."

When the Border patrol gets the wall they want, then they will ask for tunnel detectors, and you will say (OF COURSE)
TUNNEL DETECTORS DON'T REQUIRE A WALL.  I am 100% in favor of a detection grid.  As are most democrats.

"They will just dig deeper tunnels so NO YOU CANT HAVE ANY SEISMIC DETECTORS"
Literally NOBODY has said anything like that.

Literally NOBODY has said anything like that.  Have fun burning down your own personal straw-men.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
It's pointless to quibble with you.
It pointless to quibble with Franken-Trumpanzees

You hate the military and border patrol.
Franken-Trumpanzees are obsessed with hate.  Hate and violence groups are encouraged by Franken-Trumpanzees.

Very sad :--( Caucasian white race are on the way out of existence on Earth ---browing of humanity---   and a few of them are  running scared and paranoid of what is a factual evolutionary resultant of mixing races since ancient days of old;

first with horses leading them Mongolian Huns to far reaches,

2} then Alexandia the Violent,

3} and more so as humans took to the ocean-ship travel ---British Empire---,

4} and then air-ship travel.

Race Against Change--Intelligence Report via Southern Poverty Law Services

..."White supremacy flourishes amid fears of immigration and nation's shifting demographics.
Surging numbers of hate groups. Rising right-wing populism and antisemitism. Mounting acts of deadly domestic terrorism. Increasing hate crimes. Exploding street violence.

....That was the landscape of the radical right in 2018.
In the U.S., white supremacist anger reached a fever pitch last year as hysteria over losing a white-majority nation to demographic change — and a presumed lack of political will to stop it — engulfed the movement. White supremacists getting pushed off mainstream web platforms, President

....Donald Trump’s willingness to pass a tax cut for the rich but failure to build a wall and a turn to the left in the midterm elections drove deep-seated fears of an accelerating, state- and Silicon Valley-orchestrated “white genocide.”.......

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL

Literally NOBODY has said anything like that.  Have fun burning down your own personal straw-men.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
is anyone saying that any barrier is a stand alone option and doesn't need patrolling plus other security methods?

who's saying the wall is a perfect solution?

while I may have digressed about illegals and tax money, that's all it was, now back on topic.

your personal interpretation and injections of what has not actually been said is getting tiresome, please refrain from doing it anymore.

TUNNEL DETECTORS DON'T REQUIRE A WALL.  I am 100% in favor of a detection grid.  As are most democrats.
is that true, I don't recall hearing a counter proposal for any such thing or a willingness to allocate money for them, cite?

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot

...." These fears and frustrations, heightened by U.S. Census Bureau projections that white people will no longer be a majority by 2044, helped propel hate to a new high last year.

The total number of hate groups rose to 1,020 in 2018, up about 7 percent from 2017. White nationalist groups alone surged by nearly 50 percent last year, growing from 100 chapters in 2017 to 148 in 2018.

But at the same time, Trump has energized black nationalist hate groups — typically antisemitic and anti-LGBT organizations — with an increase to 264 from 233 in 2017.

Overall, though, the great majority of hate groups are those that despise racial, ethnic or religious minorities and they, unlike black nationalist groups, have a firm foothold in the mainstream."....
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
ICE =/= "military and border patrol".

Stay on topic.

Apparently TheDredPriateRoberts doesn't want anyone talking about "deportations".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
is that true, I don't recall hearing a counter proposal for any such thing or a willingness to allocate money for them, cite?
Texas GOP Rep. Will Hurd: Border wall "least effective" for security, need technology [LINK]

A 41-year-old former undercover CIA officer, Hurd represents one of the largest congressional districts in America, Texas’ 23rd, a vast expanse of land roughly the size of Georgia that stretches from San Antonio to El Paso.

Hurd’s district includes 820 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border, more than any other member of the House of Representatives.

Instead, he proposes increasing security at points of entry, where the bulk of illegal drugs come into the U.S., improved technology along the border to create a "smart fence" and a "Marshall Plan for Central America" to address the root problems that are leading so many migrants to make the dangerous journey north. [LINK]

Democratic leaders are drafting their own version of a funding bill to reopen the Department of Homeland Security, which is expected to include at least $5 billion for border protection efforts like new technology and more law enforcement agents, according to multiple aides. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
is anyone saying that any barrier is a stand alone option and doesn't need patrolling plus other security methods?
In the beginning, there was a tweet.

At 4:34 p.m. Aug. 5, 2014, Mr. Trump sent a message: “SECURE THE BORDER! BUILD THE WALL!”

Mr. Trump’s definition of “wall” has been a moving target since.

In the early days of the 2016 campaign, Mr. Trump said the wall should be built of “precast concrete” with “no windows, no nothing.” He now says that he always meant that steel and “see-through” materials could work, too, and has, from time to time, mused about festooning the wall with solar panels. In December, he tweeted an image showing a puzzling rendering of a picketed “Steel Slat Barrier.”

Soon after taking office, the president commissioned eight prototypes of wall designs, four made of concrete and the remainder fabricated from steel and other materials. They ranged in height from 18 to 30 feet.

The models were tested last year, and the results were inconclusive, according to leaked documents showing that all of them could be breached with a determined effort and the right tools. But Trump administration officials say that the testing provided them with valuable information, and lessons learned were incorporated into an already built section of slatted 30-foot-high “bollard” fence near Calexico, Calif.

As Mr. Trump’s image of the wall changed, so did its price tag. He now wants $5.7 billion for the wall — but that number has bounced between $4 billion and $20 billion over the past three years. During the shutdown fight, he even suggested that he would accept an unspecified “down payment.”

Democrats have embraced the phrase border security, meant to describe a comprehensive approach that includes improvements in technology, new surveillance programs and increases in Border Patrol staffing. [LINK]
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
cool

01/23/2019 11:21 AM EST  Updated 01/23/2019 01:14 PM EST

so was it ever proposed or what was the outcome?  They talked about all the things they were going to do, but what did they actually do?  What's the bill number where can I read it?

imo one of the best physical barriers would be M-tards idea of building a canal from sea to shining sea, or a "wall" of constantine wire fence, high and wide.  But as I said numerous times, security is no one thing.  Even your quotes, "least effective" is an opinion and admits it does have an effect unlike your post #51 which you list all the ways it would have no effect.

you try to paint this argument that supporters or Trump is claiming a wall is all that is needed, but that's just not the fact.  The issue is multifaceted and I don't know anyone who has said otherwise, do you? 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I believe you are.

What problems do you believe a wall will solve?

Have you just been spewing non sequiturs when you mention "cartels, human-trafficking, illegal drugs, murderers" and the like?

Please clarify your position on the matter.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
so was it ever proposed or what was the outcome?
DJT rejected the proposal.  That's why the government was shutdown.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
you try to paint this argument that supporters or Trump is claiming a wall is all that is needed, but that's just not the fact.  The issue is multifaceted and I don't know anyone who has said otherwise, do you? 
You are painting yourselves.  All I hear is "build that wall" and "evil criminals and drugs and stuff". 

Scare-mongering with an oversimplified "solution".

Please explain how "multifaceted" your views are.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL

Greyparrot
Greyparrot

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
I believe you are.

I've been clear which doesn't jive with your assumption, that's on you and I don't need to explain anything further, nor do I feel inclined to address your wrong assumption more than I already have.
What problems do you believe a wall will solve?
nothing can solve the problem, all anyone can do is try to minimize it.

Please clarify your position on the matter.
"imo one of the best physical barriers would be M-tards idea of building a canal from sea to shining sea, or a "wall" of constantine wire fence, high and wide.  But as I said numerous times, security is no one thing."
"The issue is multifaceted....."

All I hear is "build that wall" and "evil criminals and drugs and stuff".  
I suggest you get your hearing checked or address the voices in your head, I have never said any such things in the context you are attempting to portray them in.

If you aren't going to read what I have already typed this conversation is over.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Give border patrol what they ask for, or dissolve border patrol. You can't sit on the fence on this one.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
awesome pun btw

the way government "works" needs to change, what should happen is both parties agree how much should be spent on border security, since they both agree it's a problem and more security is needed.  Divide that amount in half and use it as you wish, which could include cost sharing, combining etc.  After a while the effectiveness or lack of will be evident, or perhaps that both ideas had a synergistic effect.  This all or nothing, or if you want this you have to give me that is ruining the country imo.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I've been clear which doesn't jive with your assumption, that's on you and I don't need to explain anything further, nor do I feel inclined to address your wrong assumption more than I already have.
You seem to have made one or two false assumptions about my viewpoint as well.

Perhaps you don't understand the concept of "conversation"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
This first link is literally the one I am responding to.

Good question.  WHAT ARE YOUR OTHER MULTIFACETED PROPOSALS?

This second link is a rant about super scary CRIMINALS!!!!!

MS-13 members enter the U.S. illegally
and

Walls work that's why they are used in prisons, mansions and other places that people want protected.
Not particularly "multifaceted".  Sounds like "foreigners are evil" and "build that wall".
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Well 70 more years of the status quo where border patrol doesn't get the tools they ask for is just wasting resources. Either give them the tools they need, or pull them out and teach them to code.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
nothing can solve the problem, all anyone can do is try to minimize it.
Are you suggesting that there is a BETTER solution to "drugs and crime and human trafficking" that doesn't require "a wall"?

Please explain your "multifaceted solution".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If you aren't going to read what I have already typed this conversation is over.
I could say the exact same thing.

But I generally don't rush to jump ship when someone asks me to explain something simple.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
"imo one of the best physical barriers would be M-tards idea of building a canal from sea to shining sea, or a "wall" of constantine wire fence, high and wide.  But as I said numerous times, security is no one thing."
"The issue is multifaceted....."
All I hear is "build that wall + a ditch" and "evil criminals and drugs and stuff".  

Please explain the other facets of your "multifaceted" solution.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
This first link is literally the one I am responding to.
from this
"is anyone saying that any barrier is a stand alone option and doesn't need patrolling plus other security methods?

who's saying the wall is a perfect solution?"
then you somehow deduce...

I believe you are.
This second link is a rant about super scary CRIMINALS!!!!!
"MS-13 members enter the U.S. illegally, which proves gang violence isn't only a problem in Mexico, so again that is untrue."
this is a rant in your mind?  are you off your meds?  perhaps you need some if you think that is a rant.  Is that statement untrue, nope sure isn't.

Sounds like "foreigners are evil" and "build that wall".
do the voices in your head tell you that?  you somehow deduced that from me saying "Walls work that's why they are used in prisons, mansions and other places that people want protected."

if you'd like to discuss border solutions I'd be happy to do that in it's own thread and would probably be very interesting.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
But I generally don't rush to jump ship when someone asks me to explain something simple.
assumptions and accusation are not questions.