This past week there was a nasty breach in voting integrity. The debate in question is here. At the last second, four votes came in. Two votes were voted bombs for Pro and two were counter-bombs for con. Needless to say, the moderator team is doing the best they can to get to the bottom of what happened and who is responsible. Here's what we definitely know so far:
(1) Entropy/Neg Entrop are the same people
(2) vave/veze are the same people
There is no IP match between the two so we are certain that there are two people at play. If you have any information on what happened, please let the administrative team know immediately.
That being said, Mike and I have had a long conversation today. What we are thinking of is adding a few measures to ensure that new accounts can't be made to simply vote and leave. Here's what we are considering:
(1) Require 3 debates that have at least 3 rounds, are not forfeited, and are not troll debates; OR
(2) Require at least 500 quality forum posts; OR
(3) Prove to the moderator team that you understand the voting process by giving us three quality RFDs plus 200 forum posts
I would also love to hear your thoughts on how to ensure the integrity of the voting process.
Another point to make, we are considering adding the following:
(1) The ability for the moderator team to view full email addresses (currently the moderator team is not able to view email addresses); and
(2) The ability to view the entire IP address for accounts
Any other feedback and suggestions would be appreciated.