Alone

Author: Castin

Total: 35
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Zaroette's account has been closed. You can identify closed accounts by their usernames being grayed out and struck through. I'm guessing you can't @ closed accounts.
Castin
Castin
-->
@EtrnlVw
So I've watched about 6 episodes of season 1. Definitely enjoying it. I don't know how long it's been since you watched season 1, but this is where I'm at:

-- Guy had to quit because he lost his ferro rod. It fell on the beach and the tide carried it away. I was laughing so hard. I felt for him though. His entire effort was ruined by one single stupid mistake. Surviving without a fire in that environment would have been absolute misery. You'd be reduced to barely crawling by.

-- I knew the cop would be the first to tap out as soon as he got off the boat.

-- I couldn't believe the one who looks like a hipster chose to devote his early energy to trying to build a log cabin. It was such a massive waste of his body's reserves.

-- So many of them say things like "I didn't know it would be like this" or "I didn't sign up for this". They had to know what they were getting into. Or maybe they didn't and that's why they signed up.

-- "Go away, bear. Go away. This is my side. I'm bigger than you. I'm bigger than I really am. Go away. Oh shit, he's not buying it. He's coming." Lulz.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Castin
Ha! I knew you would like it, keep going the other seasons are good too. I won't give anything away but some of the girl contestants in some of the seasons did better than the guys IMO, really good at making life more tolerable in the contest. They seem to have a knack and better intuition about what needs to be done, the experienced ones anyways and then there's the cry babies as well lol. One of my favorite contestants was a female herbalist, she did amazing even though I believe she tapped. 
The men get fixated on finding little animals to eat, and when they can't it drains on them, they seemingly get lost whereas the women forage around more, more open to eating other things besides dead meat. 
I actually have to go brush myself up on the first season but I remember the guy losing his ferro rod lol! wow that was cringe worthy watching it roll into the fire. The episodes I remember most in season 1 are the later ones, so I can't give away who lasts...
The bears.....the bears, oh that's one thing I don't know if I could get used to, having bears circling me at nights. I've never encountered a bear, but I shouldn't watch things like The Grizzly Man with Timothy Treadwell who was eaten by one. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Castin
Zaroette's account has been closed. You can identify closed accounts by their usernames being grayed out and struck through. I'm guessing you can't @ closed accounts.

Ahh I see, thanks.
Castin
Castin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Oh sweet, there are female contestants in later seasons? I thought they'd be sticking with dudes.

In my experience men seem to crave more meat in general. Couldn't tell you why. Any number of factors could be skewing my impression. The list of food I've seen the season 1 guys score includes mushrooms, bull kelp, mussels, a slug, and fish. No mammals yet. They haven't run across any critters that would make a low-risk food source. Just wolves and bears. Our ancestors may have had the guts to hunt wolves and bears without a firearm, but we don't. I like my intestines on the inside of my body, thank you.

It would be a huge advantage to be an herbalist, provided you were educated on the local plant life. As of season 1, they seem to be picking contestants who are not native to the area.

I gotta hand it to you, I'm really likin' it and I think I'll be a steady viewer. I like how you can look up each guy's gear list online.