states with stricter gun control have fewer mass shootings

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 285
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Snoopy
It is commonly known to be atypical for rifles to prove "more lethal" than handguns in the United States on whole,
Right. And if my interpretation of this sentence was wrong, then I have no idea what you're trying to say. I took this as

It's atypical for rifles to be proven more lethal than handguns
And this is commonly known

In which case bringing up handgun homicide rate doesn't make sense

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@dustryder
Dusty: but now that we've established that rifles are typically more lethal than handguns we can move on.
It is commonly known to be atypical for rifles to prove "more lethal" than handguns in the United States on whole,

Dusty: In which case bringing up handgun homicide rate doesn't make sense

The handgun homicide rate?  Also, shouldn't you be bringing up some information?

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
the ballistic videos I've posted and researched on my own rather than relying on studies, apparently you don't watch the videos and things I post since your level of education about guns hasn't seem to increased much, but regardless, a judge has ruled that California's large capacity magazine ban is unconstitutional, therefore so would banning semi auto rifles.  Things like banning x so that you can't get y has also been struck down but courts, so none of the keep the magazines for guns that will be banned silliness, that doesn't work.
I am satisfied enough that your proposal and how it would work would just lead to a weapons ban, also you haven't demonstrated how it wouldn't or couldn't

you are tilting at windmills.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@Snoopy
The handgun homicide rate?  Also, shouldn't you be bringing up some information?
Information such as?

the ballistic videos I've posted and researched on my own rather than relying on studies, apparently you don't watch the videos and things I post since your level of education about guns hasn't seem to increased much
If the youtube videos are rooted in objective fact you should have no trouble finding scientific studies and/or evidence attesting to what the videos claim. However by telling me your information is entirely derived from videos means that the information you have is unverified and unobjective. And this isn't any different to people who argue against vaccines or evolution.

but regardless, a judge has ruled that California's large capacity magazine ban is unconstitutional, therefore so would banning semi auto rifles.
Wrong. The ruling can be challenged, and given the way the constitution can be interpreted, is likely to be challenged if the ban is seriously wanted.

Apart from this, equating the ruling of a ban on large capacity magazines to a ruling on a ban of semi auto rifles is horribly flawed logic.

I am satisfied enough that your proposal and how it would work would just lead to a weapons ban, also you haven't demonstrated how it wouldn't or couldn't
It is not up to me to demonstrate that it wouldn't. It is for you to demonstrate that it would. You're the one who's claiming that it's a slippery slope situation. And you have utterly failed to demonstrate this.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
If the youtube videos are rooted in objective fact you should have no trouble finding scientific studies and/or evidence attesting to what the videos claim.
However by telling me your information is entirely derived from videos means that the information you have is unverified and unobjective.
if you bothered to educate yourself you would have seen many of the videos made no claims some aren't even narrated but left up to you to believe your own eyes, which in these instances I do.  I don't need to have faith in studies when I can observe the reality and draw my own conclusions from it.  Being a free thinker is important.  None of these contradict the FBI studies, unless you want to argue the FBI is wrong.
a real world visual representation which goes with the ballistics chart Snoopy posted is pretty basic to understand what is actually happening and the ability of these calibers.

Apart from this, equating the ruling of a ban on large capacity magazines to a ruling on a ban of semi auto rifles is horribly flawed logic.
sure because you say so

It is not up to me to demonstrate that it wouldn't. It is for you to demonstrate that it would. You're the one who's claiming that it's a slippery slope situation. And you have utterly failed to demonstrate this.
hardly, you've gone from assault weapons to all semi auto rifles and have mentioned to include some hand guns but you didn't or wouldn't elaborate.  Also your ban would include verbiage so it would be modified, updated whatever to include new designs that were similar, some kind of arbitrary sliding scale.  
when asked if specific guns or features would be banned they largely went ignored and unanswered, at best some vague non answer one could expect from a politician.

You tried to use a temporary wound cavity as a justification, but yet you can't or won't say how large a temporary wound cavity is acceptable to keep a gun off the ban list etc, I could go on, but it's not necessary.

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
if you bothered to educate yourself you would have seen many of the videos made no claims some aren't even narrated but left up to you to believe your own eyes, which in these instances I do.  I don't need to have faith in studies when I can observe the reality and draw my own conclusions from it.  Being a free thinker is important.  None of these contradict the FBI studies, unless you want to argue the FBI is wrong.
a real world visual representation which goes with the ballistics chart Snoopy posted is pretty basic to understand what is actually happening and the ability of these calibers.
But you aren't being a free thinker. A free thinker would say, "Here's evidence 1, here's evidence 2. If 1 matches 2, the conclusion is likely. If they don't match, then we need evidence 3 to further compare and/or look at the methodology of evidence 1 and 2 to decide which is more likely to be correct."

What you have done is  "Here's evidence 1, here's evidence 2. Evidence 2 doesn't match evidence 1, however I don't like what evidence 2 says, so I'll go with evidence 1 and ignore evidence 2".

This is the exact same narrative used by anti-vaccine proponents.

sure because you say so
No, because a ban on one thing does not entail a ban on another. This should be obvious, because fully automatic weapons are heavily restricted despite the second amendment.

The exact same logic can be used to say fully automatic weapons have been constitutionally banned, therefore semi-automatic weapons can be constitutionally banned.

hardly, you've gone from assault weapons to all semi auto rifles and have mentioned to include some hand guns but you didn't or wouldn't elaborate.  Also your ban would include verbiage so it would be modified, updated whatever to include new designs that were similar, some kind of arbitrary sliding scale.  
when asked if specific guns or features would be banned they largely went ignored and unanswered, at best some vague non answer one could expect from a politician.
You taking issue with the vagueness of what would be banned is not an argument for a slippery slope. Nor is it an argument against the ban itself. The facts are these:

A ban has been implemented previously, with no further subsequent bans or expansions
Fundamentally, some level of gun ownership is protected by the second amendment
A ban on guns is rather unpopular with the majority of Americans and gun lobbyists
Politicians who vote to enact laws answer to their constituents and lobbyists
Republicans are typically against gun restrictions except in the most obvious cases (mentally ill, high risk people)
Legislation typically requires cooperation between both major parties of the USA

These facts indicate that a ban on assault weapons is unlikely to lead to further bans.

You tried to use a temporary wound cavity as a justification, but yet you can't or won't say how large a temporary wound cavity is acceptable to keep a gun off the ban list etc, I could go on, but it's not necessary.
I didn't use it as a justification to keep/place a gun on the ban list. I used it as a justification, among others as to why the difference between rifles and handguns is not limited to just their mechanism, which you previously claimed. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
as I have said I find enough flaws with your "evidence" that I don't find it useful, then when compared to other facts like ballistics etc, the lines you are attempting to draw aren't possible, but instead it would be a circle, not a line.

because a ban on one thing does not entail a ban on another.
sure but you can't draw any lines so.....

The exact same logic can be used to say fully automatic weapons have been constitutionally banned, therefore semi-automatic weapons can be constitutionally banned.

you should read up on how and why that came to be and how and why that can't happen to semi autos, not constitutionally anyway.

A ban has been implemented previously, with no further subsequent bans or expansions
yes it was specific, you are calling for a semi auto rifle ban huge difference as well as expansions or additional inclusions.

Fundamentally, some level of gun ownership is protected by the second amendment
but what that means no one has answered yet

These facts indicate that a ban on assault weapons is unlikely to lead to further bans.
yes, I just have to have faith, I know.

you don't seem to understand or grasp the implications and all that goes with the U.S. constitution, making modifications or changes to it.

I didn't use it as a justification to keep/place a gun on the ban list. I used it as a justification, among others as to why the difference between rifles and handguns is not limited to just their mechanism, which you previously claimed. 
again there has been no apples to apples proof.  If put a 5 inch pipe through your monitor or a 3 inch one, in the end it doesn't make any difference does it.  so at what point does the expansion not make any appreciable difference?  no one seems to know because when you look at the videos, fbi tests etc most seem to be pretty dramatic.  reminds me of Miracle Max The Princess Bride, they are just mostly dead not all dead.

except for Las Vegas as I have said, range hasn't been a deciding or major factor in the mass murders so barrel length isn't very important and perhaps a hindrance depending on the scenario.  Whatever increased velocity a longer barrel gives is on par or perhaps causes a larger wound cavity than handguns of certain calibers and bullet designs, but again dead it dead. 

Managing muzzle flip with hand guns can be done quickly even by complete novices.  So this recoil theory you have doesn't have the impact you think, consider the videos I posted also showed women who managed just fine.

everything seems to hinge on this claim that .223 puts big holes in things, yep so doesn't a lot of other guns, handgun included.  But you'd ban them for that reason even though we aren't banning guns based on their abilities that also put big holes in things.  

Rate of fire for all semi auto actuated fire arms is the same, as fast as you can pull the trigger regardless of form factor.

Barrel length aka rifle form factor, isn't really a factor, or hasn't been so yet. (anomalies)

All semi autos with detachable magazines can hold 100 rounds or more.  so the detachable magazine isn't a thing just for rifles.

because of these I don't believe it would/should/could end with just a simple semi auto rifle ban, that just doesn't make sense to me.  And I'm having difficulty understanding why it makes sense to you other than you see it as a path of least resistance to which I would say slippery slope since the handguns could easily be shown to meet the criteria for banning.
If you expand to ban all semi auto which make up 90% of all firearms (don't quote me on that, was something I heard) then for all practical purposes it's a gun ban, which I have stated and reasoned prior.

one final thought on barrel length do you think the ballistics are significantly different between a 16" barrel (shortest legal) and a 15" barrel handgun?

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
as I have said I find enough flaws with your "evidence" that I don't find it useful, then when compared to other facts like ballistics etc, the lines you are attempting to draw aren't possible, but instead it would be a circle, not a line.
Again, an example of you not being a free thinker. I've pointed out flaws with your flaws. You've ignored them and moved on.

sure but you can't draw any lines so.....
So a constitutional ruling on ammunition does not entail the same constitutional ruling on firearms

you should read up on how and why that came to be and how and why that can't happen to semi autos, not constitutionally anyway.
In other-words, no, the logic is not different

yes it was specific, you are calling for a semi auto rifle ban huge difference as well as expansions or additional inclusions.
Which doesn't change that they are both fundamentally banning a subsection of guns. One of which did not lead to more bans.

but what that means no one has answered yet
And yet people certainly think they know what it means.

yes, I just have to have faith, I know.
I literally just listed the facts before. Faith is not predicated on facts but on blind conviction. 

If republicans have consistently voted against extra gun control measures, and branches of US government have consistently flip-flopped between republican and democrat control, is it faith to assume that any gun control measures are likely to be blocked?

again there has been no apples to apples proof.  If put a 5 inch pipe through your monitor or a 3 inch one, in the end it doesn't make any difference does it.  so at what point does the expansion not make any appreciable difference?  no one seems to know because when you look at the videos, fbi tests etc most seem to be pretty dramatic.  reminds me of Miracle Max The Princess Bride, they are just mostly dead not all dead.

If you put a 5 inch pipe through my monitor over a 3 inch one, you have left 2 inches of undamaged circuitry and electronics. If I were repairing the monitor, I would rather the 3 inches over the 5 inches, because less of the monitor is damaged. At this point, it's pure logic. Is the wound left by a clean hole through the intestines better, or worse than the bullet that left a hole through the intestines but also damaged the surrounding tissue to a larger degree? What do you think doctors would prefer?

except for Las Vegas as I have said, range hasn't been a deciding or major factor in the mass murders so barrel length isn't very important and perhaps a hindrance depending on the scenario.  Whatever increased velocity a longer barrel gives is on par or perhaps causes a larger wound cavity than handguns of certain calibers and bullet designs, but again dead it dead.  
Bullets don't automatically cause death. That's why there are a number of injury statistics next to fatalities in datasets. As for the rest of your stuff, again, if you claim something, prove it

Managing muzzle flip with hand guns can be done quickly even by complete novices.  So this recoil theory you have doesn't have the impact you think, consider the videos I posted also showed women who managed just fine.
"Can be done quickly" is not equivalent to "there is no difference whatsoever". If there is a 0.1 second difference between the ability to fire the next shot accurately and you multiply this by 10 bullets, there is a span of 1 second where a bullet has no been fired.

everything seems to hinge on this claim that .223 puts big holes in things, yep so doesn't a lot of other guns, handgun included.  But you'd ban them for that reason even though we aren't banning guns based on their abilities that also put big holes in things.  
Average case

Rate of fire for all semi auto actuated fire arms is the same, as fast as you can pull the trigger regardless of form factor.
Practical rate of fire for all semi-auto actuated fire arms is not the same however.

Barrel length aka rifle form factor, isn't really a factor, or hasn't been so yet. (anomalies)
Not in theoretical rate of fire certainly.

because of these I don't believe it would/should/could end with just a simple semi auto rifle ban, that just doesn't make sense to me.  And I'm having difficulty understanding why it makes sense to you other than you see it as a path of least resistance to which I would say slippery slope since the handguns could easily be shown to meet the criteria for banning.
If you expand to ban all semi auto which make up 90% of all firearms (don't quote me on that, was something I heard) then for all practical purposes it's a gun ban, which I have stated and reasoned prior.
Again, slippery slopes require evidence that it is likely to occur. I made it quite clear, for example, that a semi-automatic handgun firing .22 rounds without any additional attachment would be disregarded. Perhaps you could demonstrate how such a handgun might meet the criteria. I also made it quite clear, and gave out facts as to why all semi-automatics would not be banned.

one final thought on barrel length do you think the ballistics are significantly different between a 16" barrel (shortest legal) and a 15" barrel handgun?
No
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
So a constitutional ruling on ammunition does not entail the same constitutional ruling on firearms
I don't know what that means, there was talk of banning ammo but that quickly went away as they new it wouldn't be constitutional.
Which doesn't change that they are both fundamentally banning a subsection of guns. One of which did not lead to more bans.
the assault weapons ban was specific and restrictive nothing like what you are advocating for.

Bullets don't automatically cause death. That's why there are a number of injury statistics next to fatalities in datasets.
they don't that's true many more people survived Las Vegas than were killed 58 killed 546 wounded or a 9.6% kill rate.

Virginia Tech, hand guns 32 killed 23 injured 58.2% kill rate.

you see it's very situational, when you look at the other murders most are around the 10% mark.  If the Ar was so deadly how did so many escape wounded instead of dead in Las Vegas AND he might have used a bump stock?

Orlando night club was just under 50% kill rate

Aurora theater 12/70

Luby's 24/20 (hang guns again)

McDonald's 22/19 (hand guns)

circumstances and situations that really can't be accounted for in the stats or your studies.  For all the talk about power, lethality etc, the numbers don't seem to really show that.

there's also how many shots were taken, the length of time the shooter had which I mentioned before those are huge key factors when looking that these numbers, which the studies can't factor in.  Even you would have to agree the longer it takes the shooter to be stopped the more people they can shoot.
Practical rate of fire for all semi-auto actuated fire arms is not the same however.
explain

No
good I don't think there's any significant difference either, with that said, one would be banned, the other would not, unless you'd like to now expand the ban into some hand guns or specific rounds?

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't know what that means, there was talk of banning ammo but that quickly went away as they new it wouldn't be constitutional.
Still talking about the large capacity magazine ban that was ruled unconstitutional. I'm not sure if you're talking about the same ban

the assault weapons ban was specific and restrictive nothing like what you are advocating for.
The differences between it and what I advocate for do not justify a slippery slope scenario

you see it's very situational, when you look at the other murders most are around the 10% mark.  If the Ar was so deadly how did so many escape wounded instead of dead in Las Vegas AND he might have used a bump stock?
The point you're missing the comparison to hand guns.

circumstances and situations that really can't be accounted for in the stats or your studies.  For all the talk about power, lethality etc, the numbers don't seem to really show that.
The numbers you've chosen don't show it because you've cherry picked a subset of the data. You can make data say anything you please if you cherry pick it.

there's also how many shots were taken, the length of time the shooter had which I mentioned before those are huge key factors when looking that these numbers, which the studies can't factor in.  Even you would have to agree the longer it takes the shooter to be stopped the more people they can shoot.
Which are all variables which are reflected in the number of injuries and deaths which are then averaged out.

explain
If you're shooting a gun to test the fire-rate and you don't care where the bullets land, you can pull the trigger consecutively without regard for your target. And in this regard, the fire-rate for all semi-automatics is the same (or so has been claimed).

If you actually care about what you're targeting, you're not going to pull the trigger as fast as you can without regard to the target, you're going to make sure that you're actually going to hit an intended target first. If your aim has been shifted by recoil, you need to take time to re-position your aim. If recoil differs between guns, the effective firerate is different between guns.

good I don't think there's any significant difference either, with that said, one would be banned, the other would not, unless you'd like to now expand the ban into some hand guns or specific rounds?
I mean, you could extend this right? There's little difference between 16" and 15". Then you could say there's little difference between 15" and 14" and so on. You could apply this to every legal number-based limit. For example, there's little difference between a blood alcohol limit of 50mg/100ml and 51mg/100ml. However at some point, you have to put your foot down.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
Still talking about the large capacity magazine ban that was ruled unconstitutional. I'm not sure if you're talking about the same ban

no I actually mean bullets, the Democrats talked about banning bullets and joked that everyone could have whatever guns they wanted since they would be useless without bullets (paraphrasing)

The differences between it and what I advocate for do not justify a slippery slope scenario
obviously our opinions differ

The point you're missing the comparison to hand guns.
such as?  that more people are killed by handguns?  You are more likely to die in handgun murders? No idea what you are talking about.

The numbers you've chosen don't show it because you've cherry picked a subset of the data. You can make data say anything you please if you cherry pick it.

I used the biased and liberal mother jones report which I posted for you, the numbers are what they are, no cherry picking needed.

Which are all variables which are reflected in the number of injuries and deaths which are then averaged out.
Oh?  not in the study you think is the best argument for your point.
" how many shots were taken, the length of time the shooter had"
the confinement of the people per yard or whatever measure you like, obviously a bunch of people trapped in a room or unable to exit an area due to everyone fleeing etc is a huge factor.

If recoil differs between guns, the effective firerate is different between guns.
ah ok, but what practical difference if any is made?  in some of the cases where people are trapped in rooms or buildings how important is accuracy?  And since you brought it up, how did rate of fire play a role in any of these murders?
Do you think if in Las Vegas he would have aimed rather than use a bump stock he would have killed more people?  I do.

I mean, you could extend this right? There's little difference between 16" and 15". Then you could say there's little difference between 15" and 14" and so on. 
yes, so where do you draw the line?

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
obviously our opinions differ
And opinions can be defended. You've just failed to do so. It's this case it was me saying "This is why it's unlikely", you attempting to argue only half the points, and even then dropping those arguments a post later.

such as?  that more people are killed by handguns?  You are more likely to die in handgun murders? No idea what you are talking about.
When you make a off-hand comment about AR-15 deadliness, it should be made in comparison to handguns. Otherwise it's just nonsensical in the context of this argument

I used the biased and liberal mother jones report which I posted for you, the numbers are what they are, no cherry picking needed.
You used a subset of the mother jones report.

Oh?  not in the study you think is the best argument for your point.
" how many shots were taken, the length of time the shooter had"
the confinement of the people per yard or whatever measure you like, obviously a bunch of people trapped in a room or unable to exit an area due to everyone fleeing etc is a huge factor.
Which is factored in the amount of deaths/injuries.

ah ok, but what practical difference if any is made?  in some of the cases where people are trapped in rooms or buildings how important is accuracy?  And since you brought it up, how did rate of fire play a role in any of these murders?
Do you think if in Las Vegas he would have aimed rather than use a bump stock he would have killed more people?  I do.
Well the practical difference is a lower rate of effective fire. Whether this actually makes a difference is certainly something that can be tested. However, logically the principal is sound. Do you agree?

yes, so where do you draw the line?
I didn't draw a line on gun barrel length.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
AR-15 deadliness, it should be made in comparison to handguns.
which again you haven't provided, the video you presented had huge flaws and obvious things not taken into consideration which I pointed out.  yet you still deny the realities of ballistic testing.

You used a subset of the mother jones report.
fine use the whole thing and tell me what the numbers say or you can as I suggested just look at the numbers no math required.
Which is factored in the amount of deaths/injuries.
show me

Well the practical difference is a lower rate of effective fire. Whether this actually makes a difference is certainly something that can be tested. However, logically the principal is sound. Do you agree?

if you can explain at what lower or higher rate of fire is/was a factor for any of these murders then perhaps I could agree.  But since it depends on the individual the whole thing is silly.  So it can't actually be tested.  Recoil has no impact on people who are proficient, skilled, whatever thus subjective and individualistic. 
How proficient do you have to be where recoil plays little to no part in your accuracy?  seem what I mean

but let's say it could, how does that translate to how many wouldn't have been killed?  

I.D.P.A. videos prove that well enough. 

I didn't draw a line on gun barrel length.
why not?  don't you think you should?  how else would you or anyone know what else to ban or not ban?

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
which again you haven't provided, the video you presented had huge flaws and obvious things not taken into consideration which I pointed out.  yet you still deny the realities of ballistic testing.
I didn't present a video. Did you mean studies? If you think the studies had huge flaws and obvious things not taken into consideration that I did not address, by all means, quote yourself.

fine use the whole thing and tell me what the numbers say or you can as I suggested just look at the numbers no math required.
Was this not reflected in the study that I used?

show me
Sure. Let me use an analogy. Little Timmy sells lemonade on the streets. On the first day, he only makes $4. On the second, $6. On the third, $5. By the fiftieth day he averages about 5$ a day.

What is factored into this number? The size of the potential market, the amount of product that he has available to sell and selling window. Each of these factors could vary wildly. For example, Timmy could wake up late one day and miss an hour of selling time. He could have soccer practice and cut his selling time by 30 minutes. He could choose to sell on Brown street, which is actually rather quiet. Perhaps he ran out of lemons to make lemonade. Each of these factors affect the profit he gains on the given day that it occurs and accordingly, the profit of each day is different.

The average then takes into account all of these variables, as it is a calculation based on the profit of each day, which in itself is a measurement that is affected by all these variables.

if you can explain at what lower or higher rate of fire is/was a factor for any of these murders then perhaps I could agree.  But since it depends on the individual the whole thing is silly.  So it can't actually be tested.  Recoil has no impact on people who are proficient, skilled, whatever thus subjective and individualistic.  
How proficient do you have to be where recoil plays little to no part in your accuracy?  seem what I mean

but let's say it could, how does that translate to how many wouldn't have been killed?  

I.D.P.A. videos prove that well enough. 
It's not about factors. I was asking you if the fundamental concept is sound. That is, if an inexperienced shooters shoots a gun with a large amount of recoil, there is likely to be a difference in practical firing speed than there is with an experienced shooter who shoots a gun with an insignificant amount of recoil. Hence, whether or not the practical shooting speed between those scenarios is different, despite the mechanism being the exact same.

If the fundamental concept is sound, that's when you can move on to determining its applicability via testing. As for whether this can be tested, of course it can.

why not?  don't you think you should?  how else would you or anyone know what else to ban or not ban?
Because bans typically shouldn't be decided on one factor, but on a multitude of factors. For example, basing a ban just on barrel length will include a huge swath of guns which are not considered assault weapons.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
That is, if an inexperienced shooters shoots a gun with a large amount of recoil, there is likely to be a difference in practical firing speed than there is with an experienced shooter who shoots a gun with an insignificant amount of recoil. 
as evidenced by the first time shooter videos I posted, that is a definite maybe.

(your video I referenced was the doctor talking about gun shot wounds)

Because bans typically shouldn't be decided on one factor, but on a multitude of factors. For example, basing a ban just on barrel length will include a huge swath of guns which are not considered assault weapons.
a multitude of factors?  you want to ban all (or virtually) semi auto rifles which have detachable magazines, those are the criteria you've been using
so a semi auto handgun with a barrel of 15" that shoots a .223 round, banned or not?  I've showed you pictures of them before but just as a refresher  https://www.itstactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/AR_Pistol_06.jpg