Author: Yassine

Total: 327
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
- Yes, so you keep mentioning. Where is this unbroken chain? The Catholic Church had to change its narrative when it was found out that their claimed chain is fictitious, same for all the other claims. Please show me a verifiable unbroken chain from Jesus (pbuh) of your church.

I willl tell you the same thing. Go to a bishop. If you are too scared to set foot in an Orthodox Church, know that you won't burst into flames.

Creator being distinct from creation means there is no part of creator in creation.
The divide between creation and The Uncreated is of essence. God is certainly present in creation by His energies.

- What is divine energy? Does this notion even exist in your Bible?
I will use a quote from a modern Bishop I think is good..

"God in his entirety is completely present in each of his divine energies. Thus the essence-energies distinction is a way of stating simultaneously that the whole God is inaccessible, and that the whole God in his outgoing love has rendered himself accessible to man." -Kallistos Ware

You are going to find examples in the Bible sure, but this type of language wasn't fleshed out entirely until the rise of certain heresies made it necessary to explain what the Church has always believed.

We are not like you Muslims who believe that your Koran was dictated by God. In fact, to say the bible is like that would be the heresy of bibliolatry, which we would consider an idolatry. 

Jesus (pbuh) is a body, a body is a contingent being, it can not possibly be divine. That's like saying God is not-God. & yes, they are all creation of the Creator, He is inconceivable, "whatever image comes to your mind, God is not it". If you can perceive God, then he is not God anymore, for perception implies contingency & limitation. God can not be contingent or limited, for he is a necessary uncaused being.
You are right thst God is inconceivable. You are right that God is non-contingent. You are right that an image you have in your head of God is not God, for God is not a conception. You are right these things.

What you sre mistaken about is the identity of Jesus Christ, who existed before all things and became creation for oursake, never sacrificing His divinity.

Now if you deny the incarnation, you deny all the prophets. You also deny thst God can be witnessed in the things that are made.

- What are you quoting? This sounds a lot like what some Shia believe about their imam....
This is Saint Paul and Saint Timothy's letter to the Church of Colossae.

The Shia are making their Imam out to be Christ.

Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I am about to go on a full week vacation, I would rather not debate that now, but the majority of Muslims are mostly radical, 
- Not as nearly as radical as the lovely Christians...

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not necessarily restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text (although many Muslims choose to think of them that way). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subject to interpretation as anything else in the Quran.
- Every verse in the Quran has a reason & circumstance of revelation, some are Muhkamat (absolute) which do not allow different interpretations (such as "Allah is One"), some are Mutashabihat (ambiguous) which may be interpreted in accordance with textual & circumstantial context by the qualified ulama (scholars). Some Christians love to deny it, but the Bible is believed to be infallible too, as it states in the Dei Verbum "the books of both the Old and New Testaments in their entirety, with all their parts, are sacred and canonical because written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, they have God as their author and have been handed on as such to the Church herself … the books of Scripture must be acknowledged as teaching solidly, faithfully and without error that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings". I could bring up some Bible verses, but you already know about those.

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."
- Sure, fight who how & with what? Aliens? Muslims? With arms? Potatoes? Words?... When it says in the US Constitution: 'right to bear arms', it's not saying go & shoot people... These things are understood in proper context.

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.
- First, the verse does not specify anything, not who should be fought or how they should be fought. Second, it says "prescribed" in past tense, referring to the first verse revealed regarding fighting: "Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged." which commands fighting against aggressors who fought & wronged the Muslims who: "[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned." (22:39-40) -So yeah, self-defense & to preserve mosques & churches & temples against aggression. Third, this fact is reiterated *again* in the very next verse (2:217): "Say: Warfare therein [the sacred months] is a great (transgression), but to turn (men) from the way of Allah, and to disbelieve in Him and in the Inviolable Place of Worship, and to expel His people thence, is a greater with Allah; for persecution is worse than killing. And they will not cease from fighting against you till they have made you renegades from your religion, if they can.", emphasizing the cause of fighting against *transgressors*. Fourth, this latter verse was revealed regarding the death of al-Hadrami, who was killed by a Muslim in a spy-mission (not a loot raid) -because the Muslims knew Quraysh were planning to attack them (which they did shortly after) ; when the Prophet (pbuh) heard he was furious & rebuked the killer & told him, "I did not instruct you to fight in the sacred month", the other two captives were ransomed for Muslims imprisoned by Quraysh [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_Nakhla]. I really don't understand the profound cognitive dissonance you people have, you'd go as far as to side with Quraysh who persecuted, tortured, murdered, blockaded, expelled & pillaged Muslims in Mecca, then invaded, sieged & betrayed them when they went to Medina ; & accuse Muslims then of being the aggressors. LOL! This speaks volume of the sort of aggressive & violent mentality you hold.

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').
- This was revealed regarding the Invasion of Uhud referring to the Quraysh unbelievers, who -as disappointed as that makes you- were *not* Christian... Indeed, the Prophet (pbuh) says: "I was made victorious through fear". In their conflicts against the pagans the Muslims had much less numbers & supplies: 314 vs 1000 in the Invasion of Badr, 700 vs 3000 in the Invasion of Uhud, 3000 vs 14000 in the Siege of Trench... the Muslims clearly didn't succeed against their enemies with numbers or arms, they succeeded because they feared them -& fear is the paramount tactic of war, since ancient times.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Mopac
I willl tell you the same thing. Go to a bishop. If you are too scared to set foot in an Orthodox Church, know that you won't burst into flames.
- Shouldn't you know these things yourself? I don't need to ask a bishop, I have looked into it & realized there is no such thing.

The divide between creation and The Uncreated is of essence. God is certainly present in creation by His energies.

I will use a quote from a modern Bishop I think is good..

"God in his entirety is completely present in each of his divine energies. Thus the essence-energies distinction is a way of stating simultaneously that the whole God is inaccessible, and that the whole God in his outgoing love has rendered himself accessible to man." -Kallistos Ware

You are going to find examples in the Bible sure, but this type of language wasn't fleshed out entirely until the rise of certain heresies made it necessary to explain what the Church has always believed.
- I'm not sure what this means. Is God an energy?

We are not like you Muslims who believe that your Koran was dictated by God. In fact, to say the bible is like that would be the heresy of bibliolatry, which we would consider an idolatry.
- Doesn't your church believe God is the original author of the Bible inspired by the Holy Spirit? How is that idolatry?

You are right thst God is inconceivable. You are right that God is non-contingent. You are right that an image you have in your head of God is not God, for God is not a conception. You are right these things.
What you sre mistaken about is the identity of Jesus Christ, who existed before all things and became creation for oursake, never sacrificing His divinity.
- So Jesus become creation while still being divine? That's a strict contradiction. Creation & divine are mutually exclusive.

Now if you deny the incarnation, you deny all the prophets. You also deny thst God can be witnessed in the things that are made.
- What does incarnation have to do with all that?

This is Saint Paul and Saint Timothy's letter to the Church of Colossae.

The Shia are making their Imam out to be Christ.
- They almost do, yet they don't consider their Imam divine, which is my point. Some Shia believe God created all things through their imams & for them. Why are they believing this? It's not in the Quran. There is no mention of any of this in the Quran, yet they believe it. People tend to worship those they deeply love, & ascribe divine attributes to them. 

Mopac
Mopac
Shouldn't you know these things yourself? I don't need to ask a bishop, I have looked into it & realized there is no such thing.

The Orthodox Catholic Church is the historical Church, and I simply don't accept you disputing what everyone else accepts as being reality. Even nominal Christians who are functionally atheists and do not believe in Apostolic succession as being important admit that we have it. From the earliest days of the church, it was considered a way of distinguishing the church from different heresies.

There is certainly an apostolic succession in the church, and I don't know constitutes proof for you. If the fact that the church has had a continuous existence is not enough for you, I don't know what is.

- I'm not sure what this means. Is God an energy?
There is a difference between God's essence and God's energy. God's essence is The Ultimate Reality, and what that truly Is. God's energy is the presence of God in creation. It is this energy that through cooperation with we can come to abide in God's Word and Spirit.

- Doesn't your church believe God is the original author of the Bible inspired by the Holy Spirit? How is that idolatry?
The bible was written by men inspired by The Holy Spirit. This is not the same as being dictated by God. It is idolatry because it is calling a book The Word of God when the book itself says that The Word of God is eternal, pre-eternal even, One in essence with God, being God, and that which we are saved by. The Word of God is Jesus Christ. Not the Jesus Christ you know, for you only know the human nature of Christ. You do not know The Divine, The Word of God being made flesh, dwelling among us.

- So Jesus become creation while still being divine? That's a strict contradiction. Creation & divine are mutually exclusive.
United in the hypostasis or divine Person of The Son are two distinct physis or natures. To quote the Athanasian creed...

"He is God from the essence of the Father, begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity. Although he is God and human, yet Christ is not two, but one. He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself. He is one, certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person. For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human."

- What does incarnation have to do with all that?
If The Truth is not somehow present in creation, in no way could the prophets witness it.

- They almost do, yet they don't consider their Imam divine, which is my point. Some Shia believe God created all things through their imams & for them. Why are they believing this? It's not in the Quran. There is no mention of any of this in the Quran, yet they believe it. People tend to worship those they deeply love, & ascribe divine attributes to them.
We certainly venerate saints, but we do not give them the honor that is due to God alone. We venerate them for the Christ that is in them, as they are icons of Christ.

Jesus Christ is not simply a saint. Jesus Christ is God with Us. 

Jesus prayed, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

Saint Peter wrote, "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

And Saint Athanasius wrote, "That God became man that man might become God"

Salvation to us is theosis, being united to God through union with The Son. For Jesus Christ is The Only Begotten Son, existing before all ages as The Word of God, but we are united to Him through adoption as children of God. This is salvation, for even as The Prophet Isaiah spoke,

"All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."

And it is only by and through The Word of God that there is salvation.

And truly, the name "Jesus" even means "God's Salvation".

Salvation is unity with Jesus Christ to the glory of God The Father by The Holy Spirit.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
Not as nearly as radical as the lovely Christians...
Doubtful

- Every verse in the Quran has a reason & circumstance of revelation, some are Muhkamat (absolute) which do not allow different interpretations (such as "Allah is One"), some are Mutashabihat (ambiguous) which may be interpreted in accordance with textual & circumstantial context by the qualified ulama (scholars). Some Christians love to deny it, but the Bible is believed to be infallible too, as it states in the Dei Verbum "the books of both the Old and New Testaments in their entirety, with all their parts, are sacred and canonical because written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, they have God as their author and have been handed on as such to the Church herself … the books of Scripture must be acknowledged as teaching solidly, faithfully and without error that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings". I could bring up some Bible verses, but you already know about those.
What verses?

- Sure, fight who how & with what? Aliens? Muslims? With arms? Potatoes? Words?... When it says in the US Constitution: 'right to bear arms', it's not saying go & shoot people... These things are understood in proper context.
What's the context then

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
The rest is bullshit, it shows Muslim's cruelty
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Not as nearly as radical as the lovely Christians...
Doubtful
- History is your friend.

- Every verse in the Quran has a reason & circumstance of revelation, some are Muhkamat (absolute) which do not allow different interpretations (such as "Allah is One"), some are Mutashabihat (ambiguous) which may be interpreted in accordance with textual & circumstantial context by the qualified ulama (scholars). Some Christians love to deny it, but the Bible is believed to be infallible too, as it states in the Dei Verbum "the books of both the Old and New Testaments in their entirety, with all their parts, are sacred and canonical because written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, they have God as their author and have been handed on as such to the Church herself … the books of Scripture must be acknowledged as teaching solidly, faithfully and without error that truth which God wanted put into sacred writings". I could bring up some Bible verses, but you already know about those.
What verses?
- You're not asking me to actually quote violence in the Bible? Google it, it is known, I'd rather not. I don't attack other people's scriptures.

What's the context then
- You just deleted it. SELF-DEFENSE. Fighting in the Quran is sanctioned against aggressors & oppressors in self-defense to establish peace: "fight those who fight you and do not transgress" "fight until there is no more oppression" "if they abide by peace, abide by it in return"...etc.

The rest is bullshit, it shows Muslim's cruelty
- How so?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
History is your friend.
It is,-

You're not asking me to actually quote violence in the Bible? Google it, it is known, I'd rather not. I don't attack other people's scriptures.

So, no argument

You just deleted it. SELF-DEFENSE. Fighting in the Quran is sanctioned against aggressors & oppressors in self-defense to establish peace: "fight those who fight you and do not transgress" "fight until there is no more oppression" "if they abide by peace, abide by it in return"...etc.

Islam fights first by telling people to behead infidels

How so?

Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged." which commands fighting against aggressors who fought & wronged the Muslims who: "[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentions

Self-defense by KILLING
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Mopac
The Orthodox Catholic Church is the historical Church, and I simply don't accept you disputing what everyone else accepts as being reality. Even nominal Christians who are functionally atheists and do not believe in Apostolic succession as being important admit that we have it. From the earliest days of the church, it was considered a way of distinguishing the church from different heresies.
There is certainly an apostolic succession in the church, and I don't know constitutes proof for you. If the fact that the church has had a continuous existence is not enough for you, I don't know what is.
- I'm not sure if you are aware, but most churches claim some apostolic succession too, each different from the other... & upon investigation one finds that none are actually authentic.

There is a difference between God's essence and God's energy. God's essence is The Ultimate Reality, and what that truly Is. God's energy is the presence of God in creation. It is this energy that through cooperation with we can come to abide in God's Word and Spirit.
- You mean manifestation of God's Power in creation?

The bible was written by men inspired by The Holy Spirit. This is not the same as being dictated by God.
- What's the difference? Isn't the Holy Spirit God to you?

It is idolatry because it is calling a book The Word of God when the book itself says that The Word of God is eternal, pre-eternal even, One in essence with God, being God, and that which we are saved by. The Word of God is Jesus Christ. Not the Jesus Christ you know, for you only know the human nature of Christ. You do not know The Divine, The Word of God being made flesh, dwelling among us.
- Where is the idolatry? How can flesh be divine? It can't possibly be. Flesh is a creation.

United in the hypostasis or divine Person of The Son are two distinct physis or natures. To quote the Athanasian creed...

"He is God from the essence of the Father, begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity. Although he is God and human, yet Christ is not two, but one. He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself. He is one, certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person. For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human."
- But this implies a strict contradiction. 

If The Truth is not somehow present in creation, in no way could the prophets witness it.
- This does not answer my question. 

We certainly venerate saints, but we do not give them the honor that is due to God alone. We venerate them for the Christ that is in them, as they are icons of Christ.

Jesus Christ is not simply a saint. Jesus Christ is God with Us. 
- Exactly, that's the whole point. The Shia venerate their Imam like you venerate your Christ. They talk more & care more about their Imam than they do about God, just like you do. This is polytheism, associating human equals to God.

And Saint Athanasius wrote, "That God became man that man might become God"

Salvation to us is theosis, being united to God through union with The Son. For Jesus Christ is The Only Begotten Son, existing before all ages as The Word of God, but we are united to Him through adoption as children of God. This is salvation, for even as The Prophet Isaiah spoke,

"All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."

And it is only by and through The Word of God that there is salvation.

And truly, the name "Jesus" even means "God's Salvation".

Salvation is unity with Jesus Christ to the glory of God The Father by The Holy Spirit.
- Are you saying salvation is becoming God?

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
- And? The king of Ceuta's daughter gets raped by the Christian Visigoth king so he calls the Muslims to help him take the tyrant down. They cross the Mediterranean & join the king of Sevilla to depose the scum ruler, with minimal casualties. Looks pretty heroic to me. Now, when the northern Christians invade the Muslim south Iberia centuries later, they kill 7 million of them (minimum estimate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll), & then they force the rest to convert or be expelled or die in the infamous Spanish Inquisition. Though this wasn't particularly against Muslims, they basically did the same thing wherever they went, during the Invasion of America, in Africa & in India.

So, no argument
- You know your Bible, don't feign ignorance. 

Islam fights first by telling people to behead infidels
- Where does it say so? The Quran clearly sanctions no such thing. On the contrary, it sanctions fighting against the transgressors in self-defense, as shown previously.

Self-defense by KILLING
- What a moronic thing to say. That's literally what self-defense in war means. If doesn't mean give the people who come to kill you & drive you out of your homes flowers, it means *defend* yourselves & your homes against aggressors, by fighting them off until they cease their aggression.
Mopac
Mopac
- I'm not sure if you are aware, but most churches claim some apostolic succession too, each different from the other... & upon investigation one finds that none are actually authentic.

Only The Orthodox Catholic Church has authentic holy orders, because breaking communion with the church nullifies apostolic succession.

The Roman Catholic Church nullified their apostolic succession through schism by altering the creed of the church without consulting the rest of the church. Something which was condemned as being worthy of removal from the church at both the 4th and 8th ecumenical councils.

The only "protestant" church with ordinations going back to the apostles is the Anglican Church, which broke away from Roman Catholicism.

All other protestant churches that claim to be apostolic use it in a sense that is different than the historical church.

But we certainly are the church with valid apostolic succession, and to dispute this is tantamount to saying that the gates of hell overcame the Church and that Jesus was a liar. 

But it also brings up a real question for you. When are you claiming apostolic succession was broken? Or are you simply being skeptical because you refuse to believe it?

- You mean manifestation of God's Power in creation?

You could say that. Also God's love. God's grace.

- What's the difference? Isn't the Holy Spirit God to you?
Inspired is not the same thing as dictated. The fingerprint of the authors is in every work. Even the prophets expressed themselves uniquely.

- But this implies a strict contradiction.
It is a mystery that you are not truly open to understanding because you have made up your mind that this is impossible for God.

- This does not answer my question.
It would if you understood the incarnation as The Truth taking on the flesh of creation. For God's Word has taken it's flesh, even in that name that points to The Holiest Name. The pronounced name that points to The Name that is not uttered with words.

- Exactly, that's the whole point. The Shia venerate their Imam like you venerate your Christ. They talk more & care more about their Imam than they do about God, just like you do. This is polytheism, associating human equals to God.

We do not worship a human as God, nor do we acknowledge any but one God. You do not know Christ, because your false prophet makes Christ into nothing but a man like him, elevating himself to Christ, and making his word out to be that of God.

But it was necessary that The Christ be God in order to close the prophecies of Samuel, and fulfil God's promise to King David.

- Are you saying salvation is becoming God?
Salvation is unity with God's energies, not his essence. No one can become God in essence. God sends down His grace, and we cooperate with this grace, for salvation is a gift freely given, but we can freely reject it.

As Saint John the baptist and forerunner of Christ said, "I must become less, so that He becomes more.", and so we crucify our flesh and abide in Christ, who becomes magnified in us.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
You don't get it the context you were spewing states that Muslims go to war and invade people. How great, And uh oh yeah who started those wars, surely it wasn't the Seljuk Turks, A muslim country Right?,

Quran 8:12 which says, “When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.”

And oh yeah The BOP is on YOU for the second point
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Yassine
Supply evidence that some "angel" lol ever spoke to Muhammad.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You don't get it the context you were spewing states that Muslims go to war and invade people.
- It *strictly* doesn't! It says: "fight those who fight you... until they cease [transgression]", as in fight the aggressors. Where does it say "invade"? In case you forgot, the context of the verse YOU yourself brought ("Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it") is the following (prior to & after the verse):
"Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought (*1), because they were wronged (*2)."
"[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right (*3) - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques (*4) in which the name of Allah is much mentioned."
"Say: Warfare therein [the sacred months] is a great (transgression), but to turn (men) from the way of Allah (*5), and to disbelieve in Him and in the Inviolable Place of Worship, and to expel His people thence (*6), is a greater with Allah; for persecution is worse than killing (*7). And they will not cease from fighting against you till they have made you renegades from your religion (*8), if they can."
=> As you can see with your own eyes (unless you're blind), the context clearly insistently & repeatedly states that Muslims should fight those who have: fought them (*1) & wronged them (*2) & evicted them from their homes without right (*3) & demolished their mosques (*4) & forced them out of their religion (*5) & expelled their people (*6) & persecuted them (*7) & not ceased to fight them (*8)... 

How great, And uh oh yeah who started those wars, surely it wasn't the Seljuk Turks, A muslim country Right?
- LOL! Is there something you wanna say?

Quran 8:12 which says, “When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.
- And? Strike off whose heads? Who are these disbelievers? One, this is a reference to the Invasion of Badr (Chapter 8 is about the Invasion of Badr). The disbelievers in this case being the Quraysh polytheists who invaded the Muslims in Medina which cumulated in the Battle of Badr between the Muslims & the polytheists. Two: striking of heads (& other body parts) is exactly what happens in a battle with swords... it's the whole point. Three, this is a command directed at the angels ("to the angels"), not even the humans. Four, & most importantly, the -same- chapter then states: "And if they [who disbelieve] incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon Allah" (8:61), yet AGAIN urging the Muslims to incline to peace if the invaders cease their hostilities & incline to peace. 

And oh yeah The BOP is on YOU for the second point
- You have made no points friend, you keep denying the facts & coming up with new lies. Anything else?
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@disgusted
Supply evidence that some "angel" lol ever spoke to Muhammad.
- Wanna debate that?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Yassine
Debate what? Do you have evidence, if so present it. There's nothing to debate, evidence confirms the claim, a failure to present evidence proves the falseness of the claim.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@disgusted
Debate what?
- The resolution: an angel spoke to Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).

Do you have evidence, if so present it. There's nothing to debate, evidence confirms the claim, a failure to present evidence proves the falseness of the claim.
- As the title of this thread -'Debate?'- indicates, the purpose of this thread is to debate. This seems like a good thing to debate. Are you up for it? & no, failure to present evidence for a claim does not disprove it (affirming the consequent). 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
Translation:Permission please oh YES allah to behead infidels

Crusades were justified, that's right

It doesn't matter the angels, clearly states you go to war and behead people

I'm sorry but when you say the Bible is violent, the BOP is on YOU
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Translation:Permission please oh YES allah to behead infidels
- Do you suffer from a severe case of cognitive dissonance?

Crusades were justified, that's right
- In your dreams, I'm sure. You wanna debate that?

It doesn't matter the angels, clearly states you go to war and behead people
- War, by design, involves killing... The Quran sanctions Just War -in self-defense against aggressors. 

I'm sorry but when you say the Bible is violent, the BOP is on YOU
- What do you think about the violent passages in the Bible?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
Do you suffer from a severe case of cognitive dissonance?

Totally

In your dreams, I'm sure. You wanna debate that?

Too broad, depends on what type of crusade it is and what took place

War, by design, involves killing... The Quran sanctions Just War -in self-defense against aggressors. 

Muslims are the aggressors

What do you think about the violent passages in the Bible?
Can you um share some please?
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Totally
- Fair enough.

Too broad, depends on what type of crusade it is and what took place
- Any specifics?

Muslims are the aggressors
- Not according to the Quran, despite your wishes for the opposite.

Can you um share some please?
- I don't like quoting the Bible. But I'm sure you're aware of what I'm talking about.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
Any specifics?

The three main reasons given for the Crusades were:
  1. Rescuing fellow Christians from invasion and persecution
  2. Conquering or retaking lands in the possession of Muslims
  3. Fulfilling personal vows to go on a crusade
In my opinion, a war is justified only as a last resort for defense of oneself or others or if it is clearly and directly commanded by God (e.g. God speaks directly to a person). (For more on this, see Onward Christian Soldiers? Christian Perspectives on War by Timothy J. Demy.) Therefore, I consider the first reason to be a possible just cause for war. However, the crusaders seemed primarily focused on the second objective, which casts some doubt on the extent to which they were motivated by the first objective.
With the later crusades, the length of time since the initial invasion should be considered as well. If the current inhabitants of a city weren't alive when the invasion occurred and aren't being oppressed, they're not necessarily in need of rescue. Jerusalem was retaken by the Turks in 1187; Frederick II's and Louis IX's crusades occurred forty and sixty years later, respectively.
As for the second reason, there is nothing in the Bible to support the notion that certain lands (e.g. Jerusalem) ought to remain in the hands of Christians or that Christians ought to take control of lands which belong to non-Christians. The Bible teaches that Christians are to love their enemies (in the case of the Crusades, the Europeans viewed the Turks as their enemies) and help them:
Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Mt 5:44)
If you come across your enemy's ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to take it back to him. If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help him with it. (Ex 23:4-5)
Land or other property belonging to non-Christians or a non-Christian government should be left in their keeping (Ex 20:15, 17Mt 22:21). Furthermore, Christians are not to coerce others into faith (1 Pt 3:15-16). When nonbelievers refuse to accept Christianity, Christians are to move on and evangelize others (Mt 10:14), not punish the nonbelievers (Lk 9:51-56).
Concerning vows, Jesus taught that they should be avoided altogether (Mt 5:33-37). The OT warns against making vows (Pr 20:25) and includes several examples of foolish vows having disastrous results (e.g. 1 Sam 14:24-35).
Behavior of the crusaders
Many of the crusaders' actions were in opposition to the principles of the Bible. This doesn't mean the crusaders were not Christians (though some of them may not have been), for even Christians do wrong. It does mean that not all actions of Christians or those who claim to have God's approval are in fact approved by God.
General Biblical guidelines for Christians' treatment of nonbelievers are discussed in the previous section. Below are some specific wrongs committed by the crusaders and the Bible passages which teach us to do otherwise.

Not according to the Quran, despite your wishes for the opposite.
Not talking about that washed up book

I don't like quoting the Bible. But I'm sure you're aware of what I'm talking about.
I think I have an idea, easily debunked
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Rescuing fellow Christians from invasion and persecution
- For real?! -_- ... The Crusaders *massacred* the Christians of the Middle East...

Conquering or retaking lands in the possession of Muslims
- The Crusades were carried by Franks & Brits, who have never had anything to do with the Middle East & had very little contact with Muslims. They can't "take back" what they never had in the first place. 

Fulfilling personal vows to go on a crusade
- Are you talking about the Crusades, or joining a crusade?

Not talking about that washed up book
- Then why do you keep quoting it. Thanks for conceding.

I think I have an idea, easily debunked
- Then debunk...
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Yassine
You do realise that Muslims sometimes do things that are not Islamic and Christians sometimes do what is not Christian?  Realpolitik often requires a 'flexible' view of religion.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
For real?! -_- ... The Crusaders *massacred* the Christians of the Middle East...

Citation needed

The Crusades were carried by Franks & Brits, who have never had anything to do with the Middle East & had very little contact with Muslims. They can't "take back" what they never had in the first place. 

It was carried by the Pope first and byzantines

Are you talking about the Crusades, or joining a crusade?

Both

Then why do you keep quoting it. Thanks for conceding.
Because I'm proving it's violent and washed up

- Then debunk..
I'd like to hear what you have first
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Citation needed
- It's not like they could've know, since they indiscriminately massacred everyone, wether Muslim, Jew or Christian, man, woman or child. The crusaders massacred fellow Christians in Europe too, not just the Middle East...

It was carried by the Pope first and byzantines
- They sacked Constantinople too & massacred its people...

Both
- Why are you trying to defend such atrocious actions? 

Because I'm proving it's violent and washed up
- So far you proved the opposite. 

I'd like to hear what you have first
- As I said, I don't like quoting the Bible. But you know exactly what I'm referring to. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
It's not like they could've know, since they indiscriminately massacred everyone, wether Muslim, Jew or Christian, man, woman or child. The crusaders massacred fellow Christians in Europe too, not just the Middle East...

Citation needed

They sacked Constantinople too & massacred its people...

Are you talking about what the Ottoman MUSLIMS did.

Why are you trying to defend such atrocious actions? 

Citation needed

So far you proved the opposite. 

Wrong

As I said, I don't like quoting the Bible. But you know exactly what I'm referring to. 
I don't like to talk about it either
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Citation needed
- You seem to be absolutely clueless of what the Crusades were about. LOL!

Are you talking about what the Ottoman MUSLIMS did.
- The Crusaders to Constantinople. The Ottomans saved the persecuted Christians of Constantinople.

Citation needed
- If you need a citation, then you really are clueless. Why don't we debate this?

Wrong
- Yes you are.

I don't like to talk about it either
- Aren't going to defend your book?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Yassine
You seem to be absolutely clueless of what the Crusades were about. LOL!

Citation needed

The Crusaders to Constantinople. The Ottomans saved the persecuted Christians of Constantinople.

Are you joking-

"Nothing will ever equal the horror of this harrowing and terrible spectacle."
An observer describes the scene:
"Nothing will ever equal the horror of this harrowing and terrible spectacle. People frightened by the shouting ran out of their houses and were cut down by the sword before they knew what was happening. And some were massacred in their houses where they tried to hide, and some in churches where they sought refuge.

If you need a citation, then you really are clueless. Why don't we debate this?
Citation needed

Yes you are.

Citation needed

Aren't going to defend your book?
I like to, but I have noting to defend
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@keithprosser
You do realise that Muslims sometimes do things that are not Islamic and Christians sometimes do what is not Christian?  Realpolitik often requires a 'flexible' view of religion. 
- I'd say most times -people more often than not do what they shouldn't. This has nothing to do with religion.