New to the site and want to know what is deemed inappropriate on this site?

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 53
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
@Polytheist_Witch
Wrong. It is actually Virtuoso doing the majority of moderating, Bsh1 also moderates in an official capacity so you're objectively wrong as they are both the officially 'crowned' mods of the website, making it at least one person you're lying about. Then come Tejretics and Castin who are uncrowned but official mod-assistants of the website. Then come Ramshutu and myself, who are entirely unofficial but proven track record mod-assisters of the website.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
others were overpunished is that Virtuoso needs to ask Bsh1 to actually do official bans
If you are correct why is the owner not making Virtuoso in charge if Virtuoso is so great?

I don't have proof of this last part but this is the general attitude he displays to most in public.
Wait so why doesn't the owner simply remove bsh1 or allow the public of this site decide if bsh1 should have the privileges he should have?
We have a person in charge who delegates everything to the second-in-command and takes all the credit for it as it's him who does the official banning and him who does the official MEEP votes.
Is it fair for me to say bsh1 is insecure and lies about what Virtuoso actually does to improve bsh1's self-esteem if you are correct?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't know about 'lies' and wouldn't agree to that, no. Bsh1 is honest usually, it's more that the truth is very convenient as Virtuoso has to go through him for any and all official actions other than warnings, thread-locks and vote-removals.

I think Virtuoso is allowed to ban users for being the alt account of a banned user who was banned by bsh1. He is not allowed any other kind of banning and is loyal to that rule.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
So one mod who does everything. One who does nothing. Two rat jerk offs and two secret mods. Shady

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
it's more that the truth is very convenient as Virtuoso has to go through him for any and all official actions other than warnings, thread-locks and vote-removals.
So basically Virtuoso does majority of the work and bsh1 gets the credit for it?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Bingo. Actually Bsh does what Castin wants. So she actually mods the site. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am not a secret moderator. Neither is Ramshutu. We are not moderators and I never said I was one. I said all users compete to help the moderator, or they should, and out of those who do it is myself and Ramshutu who have put in the most work into removing an alt-abusing self-voter like MagicAintReal as well as Death23 helping there to many other examples, both public and private (I can only speak for myself with the latter).

If you are hating on snitches and calling them 'rats' consider that the line of morality between that and a wilful bystander to injustice is usually quite clear once you understand why the CoC are what they are and how to be loyal to it and the website.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So basically Virtuoso does majority of the work and bsh1 gets the credit for it?
According to me, who doesn't know what happens between the two in private, yes that is my and many people's take on the matter. It's deeper than laziness, Virtuoso is often the correct one when they have disputes on users whereas bsh1 will selectively be harsh to one user and lenient to another. He's not entirely inconsistent but partially so and much more so than Virtuoso has been so far. Bsh1 literally said 'that's because Virtuoso isn't the chief moderator so you don't know how he is.' (and Virt leapt to bsh1's defence) in a recent thread where SupaDudz said he'd rather Virtuoso in charge.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Please ignore Polytheist_Witch, she is  either confused or wilfully lying.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
in a recent thread where SupaDudz said he'd rather Virtuoso in charge.
If you are correct I think Virtuoso should inject some testosterone and demand the top spot.

Please ignore Polytheist_Witch, she is  either confused or wilfully lying.
She didn't really provide context so it is basically a claim without evidence or explanation. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Then quit being a douche bag and dropping stupid topics like this. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You do know I only posted two posts right?
How about go some place else or is that too difficult?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
SupaDudz said that he felt Virtuoso would be more laissez-faire than Bsh1 as a moderator and that Bsh1 was inconsistent with his promised LF attitude. Bsh1 was somewhat truthful, saying that Virt is less LF and would be a more 'strict but fair' mod than Bsh1 if in charge. Virtuoso agreed.

The problem is, that the real message being spoken was that Bsh1 is inconsistent. Virtuoso, if able to genuinely discipline users would, in my prediction with him as Chief Moderator, revolutionise the punishment system to be more staggered. I am speculating, yes, but I have good reason to think so, based on what he's advocated many times. He'd be faster to temp-ban, or get a one-sided restraining order on someone for say, 3 days, than Bsh1 is but slower to explode punishments because unlike Bsh1 I have seen first-hand that Virtuoso shows understanding to victims of situations in ways Bsh1 MORALLY REFUSES to do. This has gone as far as the go-to punishment of Bsh1 is to have a two-way restraining order, not remotely harsher on the bully than their serial victim and say 'don't you dare say a word to the other' to the victim. This attitude is PRECISELY what made Raltar leave, I am telling you.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
From the link RationalMadman provided:

That's probably because you've seen me doing most of the enforcement. I think if you were privy to our private conversations, your mind might change. Virt has advocated several perma-bans (no one has yet been perma-banned) and several temp-bans which I overruled. But I think our tendencies are complimentary, because we have different approaches to modding, but aren't so far apart that we can't find agreement on the key issues. It's good to have those counter-voices to give insight into a variety of perspectives when making a mod decision.

If bsh1 thought they complimented each other very well why not give Virtuoso the same privileges or have a combined vote (Virtuoso and bsh1 have to both agree to do something instead of only bsh1)? 

Bsh1 MORALLY REFUSES to do. 
What do you mean?
This has gone as far as the go-to punishment of Bsh1 is to have a two-way restraining order, not remotely harsher on the bully than their serial victim and say 'don't you dare say a word to the other' to the victim.
Can you rephrase this?
This attitude is PRECISELY what made Raltar leave, I am telling you.
Was Raltar on DDO I don't know who Raltar is?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This is public moron, So you are a sock puppet. Flagging for investigation. There now I am a secret mod. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Raltar discovered DDO as it was in the real hell of ad spam and came here. He didn't use DDO, as far as I know, to any significant extent.

I won't go into details. I don't care if you don't believe me at this point. I am not going to talk more shit about the chief moderator, I have said what needs to be said.

You made this thread not understanding that Virtuoso can't even answer you without Bsh1 okay'ing his reason for locking that thread. That's the state of things.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
This is public moron
And? You are here because you chose to be here and waste your time. 
 So you are a sock puppet. Flagging for investigation. There now I am a secret mod. 
I am not going to speak to your any more. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
Raltar discovered DDO as it was in the real hell of ad spam and came here. He didn't use DDO, as far as I know, to any significant extent.
Guess I wouldn't know Raltar then.
You made this thread not understanding that Virtuoso can't even answer you without Bsh1 okay'ing his reason for locking that thread. 
Why doesn't Virtuoso ask the owner to have better privileges? 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah it sucks to get busted. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Yeah it sucks to get busted. 
Get busted for what? 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
thats all ig
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I have seen you around the site when I checked
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
I have seen you around the site when I checked
DDO gets more people because there are higher in the searches. Type in debate website and they are the second one. Difficult for DA to get close to that but they just might.