the end of gun control (spin off thread)

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 42
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Outplayz
I'm not convinced at this time, other than maybe a political terrorist attack, that people are making it their agenda to murder/death/kill as many people as possible.  I suspect they are picking up on the trend that is impossible to ignore and using what is convenient in their estranged state of anger or something with disregard for life.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Snoopy
Well yeah... but these people also aren't very smart, or just delusional. So, if the news keeps saying AR rifles was used to cause devastating damage.. that's all they remember. It's like a check list for them... AR = lost's of damage, got it buy an AR. Then, it's next. I imagine they think much more about how they are going kill vs. thinking about the weapon. This might not apply to all, but i think it would apply to the majority. And why kill so many people? Some humans are sick is def. one reason. Other reasons can be many... but i truly believe they also want to become famous in this sick way. In the end of the day, the more we talk about it... the more people will do it. It's like hearing a new song from a genre you never thought of. If you love it, you want more. Some people love fear, some people love chaos... and when they see the fear and chaos on the news.. i think it kinda turns them on. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz
you are suppose give some kind of warning before engaging... i don't know if that means warning shot or yelling you have a gun

tell me that's not true!?!?!?!

if you have time to give a warning shot or whatever that means you are NOT in immediate danger and YOU'LL be charged in most states,  again in most states if you pull a gun you'd better use it otherwise you were not in immediate danger and you shouldn't have pulled it, that's call brandishing.  I'd really check up on the laws which I'm sure is near impossible in California.  But there's probably websites that can help.  Many pro 2a make videos etc and give free advice.

but these people also aren't very smart, or just delusional. So, if the news keeps saying AR rifles was used to cause devastating damage.. that's all they remember. It's like a check list for them... AR = lost's of damage, got it buy an AR.
that's actually pretty brilliant imo, when you consider the notoriety these sickos get and even some of the media etc say they shouldn't get the coverage that they do, it's like they are being glorified so the next sicko wants to be #1.  these twisted minds need to know if they do something like that no one will ever know their names or remember them, it couldn't hurt after all.

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
If you intend to keep a firearm for self defense, it has been considered well worth taking a course on this kind of stuff for most people in my experience.  You would want to ask around for a quality learning experience and introductory that provides a good foundation for what you should be looking into and where you may be lacking.  A good one should not be like passing a drivers ed test or something.  You get a solid base of understanding for the things you have to take your own initiative to work on, and this includes your legal liabilities.  As well, I have found that a significant amount of people who have really considered it end up deciding initially that they are not emotionally or otherwise prepared to take on the responsibility upon inquiry and end up exploring other options, and of course you have your spiritual fitness to think about as well.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
those are great ideas and I totally agree
see if you can square this circle (though we are getting off topic)  People demand guns be kept safe and some tout the gun accident rates etc, so why not set up police departments and similar agencies to hold free gun training and safety courses?  Include offering them in schools.  Obviously not mandatory, though safety should be from a public health standpoint.  Yet this is generally not offered, makes you wonder why.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
tell me that's not true!?!?!?!

This site spells it out. Legally, i was wrong. But i work with a really good criminal lawyer, so i think i heard the warning shot thing from him... or a lawyer during my schooling. The reason being Cali is pretty shitty... and a large portion are liberal which means... zero knowledge about guns. I'm pretty sure the lawyer said the warning shot thing is good to do bc it almost seals your case if the person didn't run and still came at you. It's much easier then to prove that i truly didn't want to harm the person. So, yes... we have the Castle Doctrine... but still, it's Cali...  

that's actually pretty brilliant imo, when you consider the notoriety these sickos get and even some of the media etc say they shouldn't get the coverage that they do, it's like they are being glorified so the next sicko wants to be #1.  these twisted minds need to know if they do something like that no one will ever know their names or remember them, it couldn't hurt after all.
Of course... and thanks for the compliment. I don't think this is a case of correlation doesn't equal causation. It's clear the uptick in mass shootings started around the time social media, and news media started to really reach a lot of people. There is another analogy i use to describe this. If you play video games... you eventually get bored of it, or you want to understand how someone better than you is beating you. So, what do you do? You go onto Youtube and watch the professionals. What happens when you do? Not only do you really want to play the game again (a revived drive bc it looks badass watching a pro), but you also learn what the pro's do. It's the same thing i think in the case of mass shootings. These people are seeing the pro's, their thoughts of doing it get a kick of revive and extra drive to do it... so, the sickest ones that can't control themselves... they do it. It's really simple. This analogy works in many other things... watching basketball makes you want to play basketball, watching golf makes you want to golf... it's just how it works... So basically, i truly think media is to blame for the uptick. Of course there are other levels of problems... but i think the drive to do it comes from the excitement of seeing someone else. Imagine the excitement they got from watching the Vegas shooter... it's actually pretty scary what's going through these people's heads... they gonna wanna one up. And that's scary. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz
that's a lot of good observations, many I hadn't thought of before.  There's a lot to the issue for sure and a good reason why the typical answer is, "we don't know"   Imo not enough attention and focus has been placed on the root cause aka the individual and too much on the tool.  Which faster than we know technology will make most of the restrictions moot, they pretty much are anyway in reality, but technology will make it even easier.  Better to be proactive then the reactive we've been for so long imo.
They have their head in the sand grasping as straws, gun control aka people control is slipping through their fingers like sand.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
They have their head in the sand grasping as straws, gun control aka people control is slipping through their fingers like sand.
I don't know man... i feel something big can go down. The problem is, the majority of people are easily influenced and malleable. That has to be the case even evolution wise or else who would build society. The problem in the present however is, now they can be controlled by outside minds as well. It isn't that they are only the working force anymore... now they are also the ones to promulgate the ideas of certain people and groups too. I really don't know how that's going to play out... but, i fear it a little bc i think most people that are in front of the camera, politicians, etc.. being the manipulators... have some kind of narcissism or even psycho type tendencies. Maybe not all, but i feel like it's most... it's just the nature of what they do... they love their own voice, they see themselves on the T.V., they get worshiped in public, they get money... a lot of reasonable normal people would find that exhausting and not have the drive to get it. So, my hypothesis is that nutcases are running our country, influencing the large portion of the malleable population... but i'm left with some open questions... for what? And, what end game? And even if there is no end game... what is the consequence of letting these type of people influence? Well... look at our country and world today. Does it look like it's being run by reasonable people? I don't think so... i'm scared what the end result will be. Maybe i'm being too pessimistic. I hope so. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz
it really is odd to think about.  Consider creepy Joe, why would he run again?  His days on this earth are numbered.  Any changes he could make, he's not going to be around for much longer to benefit from.  Now I can see if someone is religious.  But most of these type people are not, hence late term abortions etc.
Gun control is about people control and they are doing just fine with the media and political promises.
There's some saying about sheep being happy they are being fed by the farmer not knowing he will slaughter them for food, something like that, you get the idea.
We've tried controls, bans and regulations for half a century now?  perhaps we should go the other way like some states have or are doing.  Vermont has very lax laws I think and yet one of the lowest in murders.  Might be worth finding out why.  make no mistake, murders and mass murders a good for those in power, fear is a great tool to use for control.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
This legal battle is going to go on for at least another 4 years :/ and omg the... "average people can't understand this" lol it's sorta true but god damn lawyers think so highly of themselves... that's the most annoying part of my job. I wouldn't dare bring up my opinions in the office. 

But, on the bright side... if i remember correctly, the 9th circuit seemed to agree with this so far... that's actually a pretty good sign. Although, like i'll always bring up, it's Cali... 

There's some saying about sheep being happy they are being fed by the farmer not knowing he will slaughter them for food, something like that, you get the idea. We've tried controls, bans and regulations for half a century now?  perhaps we should go the other way like some states have or are doing.  Vermont has very lax laws I think and yet one of the lowest in murders.  Might be worth finding out why.  make no mistake, murders and mass murders a good for those in power, fear is a great tool to use for control.
Dude this is pretty much exactly what i argue against anyone asking for more bans. How is it going huh? What about we try my way and allow everyone to carry, get rid of gun free zones... and, let's just see what happens. Dude, i honestly think it will work... and if it doesn't, he we'll go back. With that said, if something like that passed, i'd also want, at the very least, if you are going to carry... you have to train and understand weapons before you can. I don't want a bunch of idiots running around with guns. But, if everyone is properly trained, never point at something you won't shot, make sure you know who or what is behind the person you will shot, etc... i think we'll be fine, maybe even better than fine. My uncle is a liberal and he's like why didn't the people just shot at the Vegas shooter if they had rifles and such... well, bc it's not that easy, you're liable for collateral damage, etc. People don't even know this crap... he's the type that said shot the foot... i showed him a video of a guy high on pcp charging the cop as the cop unloaded into him... he took like 6 shots before he went down. I'm like see... apart from you being ignorant about how easy it is to do... would that have helped the cop? He was stunned... he's asking me to go to the shooting range now. He's still being a pussy and putting it off... but at least they asking... his wife is even thinking of buying a gun. Lol. What little knowledge can do. I can wait to see their hands shaking in the range tho hehe. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz
show they youtube videos of people's first time at the range, there's one of grammas, might help.