Topic's posts

Posts in total: 33
  • Human
    Human avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 16
    Human avatar
    Human
    I love how this site has been around for a few months and is already superior in terms of design, user experience, and functionality. 

Excited to see where this leads :D

• David
    David avatar
    Debates: 79
    Forum posts: 1,174
    David avatar
    David
    Thank you! I am excited to see how this site evolves. I see that we already have quite a few non DDO users that have since joined us. This is sign of progress! 

• SamStevens
    SamStevens avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 286
    SamStevens avatar
    SamStevens
    --> @Human
    This site has real potential. Too bad its internet address doesn't pop up more in search results, like debate.org's for example. 
  • DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    Forum posts: 1,229
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @SamStevens
    Thanks for the good words, guys.

Regarding the SEO, I think there are 2 things that prevent us from going higher in the results: the absence of the mobile version and super small amount of links from other sites. I know how to fix the former and not so sure how to fix the latter. 

• ResurgetExFavilla
    ResurgetExFavilla avatar
    Forum posts: 556
    ResurgetExFavilla avatar
    ResurgetExFavilla
    --> @DebateArt.com
    I know how to fix the former and not so sure how to fix the latter. 
    In a bit of poetic justice, we just have to start a spambot campaign.
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,909
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @ResurgetExFavilla @SamStevens

Too bad its internet address doesn't pop up more in search results, like debate.org's for example. 
    You are correct. Simple typing in debating websites. DDO is the second result and DA doesn't even come up. 

Yeah since that is littered with spambot keeping them high on the search results. Can't really compete with bots. 
  • Imabench
    Imabench avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 920
    Imabench avatar
    Imabench
    Maybe if we give them just one unpopulated forum to spam the hell out of it we could get a benefit from all their traffic, we would just have to agree on which forum to turn into a shitfest

Hmmmm, traffic....

*Eyes the suspiciously quiet 'Cars' section with malevolent thoughts* 
  • Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Forum posts: 147
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    --> @David
    What are the lines that circle profile photos often?  I assumed it meant someone was online but I just noticed a red line while I'd only seen a green.
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,909
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Titanium
    It means he is a disciple of God and we are only peasants. 
  • Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    Well it's not just mods.  I know I've seen the green lines on another random.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 303
    Forum posts: 8,991
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Titanium
    if you donate to the website financially,  you can ask the admin to give you one of a specific colour. note that it adds a 'grey' hue annoyingly on top so pick a ltitle different to what you really want the colour to be that is less grey-ish
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 1,725
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @DebateArt.com
    We're in the top page of results for “Debate Platform”, so it maybe worth including the word “website and online” hidden in other places to raise the rankings. 

Other than that, ask a bunch of questions on Quora about debate, then link back to here: that’s a good way of starting to improve your links. Obviously linking back here from edeb8 and ddo would help a bit. Most of its just going to be time. The majority of our dart views are via direct links - which means we do have to work on improving search hit - mobile should catapault you!

• Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    --> @RationalMadman
    Hmm, can I donate with ecoin?  I don't need you people searching my texts and such.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 29
    Forum posts: 11,200
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
  • DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @Ramshutu
    We're in the top page of results for “Debate Platform”, so it maybe worth including the word “website and online” hidden in other places to raise the rankings. 

Other than that, ask a bunch of questions on Quora about debate, then link back to here: that’s a good way of starting to improve your links. Obviously linking back here from edeb8 and ddo would help a bit. Most of its just going to be time. The majority of our dart views are via direct links - which means we do have to work on improving search hit - mobile should catapault you!
    Yeah, I should definitely work on the words but I think that would mostly be a minor improvement. I've already put some links to websites like Quora and the like but obviously that's not exactly enough. And yeah, I completely agree, I think Google definitely loves when the websites have the mobile version.
  • DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @Titanium
     I don't need you people searching my texts and such.
    Could you explain what you mean please? What texts and such? Donations are handled by the service called Patreon and I don't think they collect lots of info about you.

• Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    --> @DebateArt.com
    When you post info on a small site it is seen by employees and can be shared.  I'd more likely trust a larger corporation simply because there are a lot of people there and it would be more difficult to share information or focus on a single member.  I'd like to donate but discreetly for reasons that are clear.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Titanium
    1. https://www.patreon.com/privacy
    2. https://www.patreon.com/about
    3. https://www.patreon.com/DebateArt
    Read those in order. Let me know if you still have concerns.

• DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @Titanium
    I am afraid I am still not following you, the donations are handled by https://www.patreon.com/, it's a big company and we don't receive any information about you. You'd just have to create an account there, but I think that's the only requirement.

• Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    --> @DebateArt.com @RationalMadman
    I see, that you accept you donations through patreon is enough to make me feel secure.  Thank you.
  • Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    To elaboroate tho what are the color options i'll deal with to cycle around my profile?!  A black light line seams Apt but I'm guessing yo don't do that. 
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Titanium
    to be clear, I don't, 'you' solely refers to the other account you @'d and whoever owns that. I am not financially vested in this site as anything other than a donor who is not at all the same thing as a shareholder legally.

If this was a website I was financially vested in, it would be run differently and I'd carry myself differently and some users would be long gone with advertising and such done entirely via legal streams not spamming on DDO or anything of the sort. I am not part of this site's team financially, I am a donor who also donates time if that counts too of my own volition.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Titanium
    Well he's a bit stubborn with the frequency you can change it or so I presume. Use hex code to pick it and message the Admin.
  • Titanium
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium avatar
    Titanium
    --> @RationalMadman
    Yes, but you provided the response that benefited me. I guess I'll be back shortly to post my inspirational colored lines that circulate!
  • oromagi
    oromagi avatar
    Debates: 97
    Forum posts: 3,789
    oromagi avatar
    oromagi
    --> @Imabench
    Maybe if we give them just one unpopulated forum to spam the hell out of it we could get a benefit from all their traffic, we would just have to agree on which forum to turn into a shitfest
    I thought that was what we were doing now with the RELIGION forum...  Golly, it has been a long time since I've read a bench post.