I love how this site is...

Author: Human

Total: 33
Human
Debates: 2
Human
I love how this site has been around for a few months and is already superior in terms of design, user experience, and functionality. 

Excited to see where this leads :D

David
Debates: 91
David
Thank you! I am excited to see how this site evolves. I see that we already have quite a few non DDO users that have since joined us. This is sign of progress! 

SamStevens
Debates: 0
SamStevens
-->
@Human
This site has real potential. Too bad its internet address doesn't pop up more in search results, like debate.org's for example. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@SamStevens
Thanks for the good words, guys.

Regarding the SEO, I think there are 2 things that prevent us from going higher in the results: the absence of the mobile version and super small amount of links from other sites. I know how to fix the former and not so sure how to fix the latter. 

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@DebateArt.com
I know how to fix the former and not so sure how to fix the latter. 
In a bit of poetic justice, we just have to start a spambot campaign.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@SamStevens
@ResurgetExFavilla

Too bad its internet address doesn't pop up more in search results, like debate.org's for example. 
You are correct. Simple typing in debating websites. DDO is the second result and DA doesn't even come up. 

Yeah since that is littered with spambot keeping them high on the search results. Can't really compete with bots. 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Maybe if we give them just one unpopulated forum to spam the hell out of it we could get a benefit from all their traffic, we would just have to agree on which forum to turn into a shitfest

Hmmmm, traffic....

*Eyes the suspiciously quiet 'Cars' section with malevolent thoughts* 
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@David
What are the lines that circle profile photos often?  I assumed it meant someone was online but I just noticed a red line while I'd only seen a green.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
It means he is a disciple of God and we are only peasants. 
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Well it's not just mods.  I know I've seen the green lines on another random.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
if you donate to the website financially,  you can ask the admin to give you one of a specific colour. note that it adds a 'grey' hue annoyingly on top so pick a ltitle different to what you really want the colour to be that is less grey-ish
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@DebateArt.com
We're in the top page of results for “Debate Platform”, so it maybe worth including the word “website and online” hidden in other places to raise the rankings. 

Other than that, ask a bunch of questions on Quora about debate, then link back to here: that’s a good way of starting to improve your links. Obviously linking back here from edeb8 and ddo would help a bit. Most of its just going to be time. The majority of our dart views are via direct links - which means we do have to work on improving search hit - mobile should catapault you!

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Hmm, can I donate with ecoin?  I don't need you people searching my texts and such.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Ramshutu
We're in the top page of results for “Debate Platform”, so it maybe worth including the word “website and online” hidden in other places to raise the rankings. 

Other than that, ask a bunch of questions on Quora about debate, then link back to here: that’s a good way of starting to improve your links. Obviously linking back here from edeb8 and ddo would help a bit. Most of its just going to be time. The majority of our dart views are via direct links - which means we do have to work on improving search hit - mobile should catapault you!
Yeah, I should definitely work on the words but I think that would mostly be a minor improvement. I've already put some links to websites like Quora and the like but obviously that's not exactly enough. And yeah, I completely agree, I think Google definitely loves when the websites have the mobile version.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Titanium
 I don't need you people searching my texts and such.
Could you explain what you mean please? What texts and such? Donations are handled by the service called Patreon and I don't think they collect lots of info about you.

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@DebateArt.com
When you post info on a small site it is seen by employees and can be shared.  I'd more likely trust a larger corporation simply because there are a lot of people there and it would be more difficult to share information or focus on a single member.  I'd like to donate but discreetly for reasons that are clear.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
  1. https://www.patreon.com/privacy
  2. https://www.patreon.com/about
  3. https://www.patreon.com/DebateArt
Read those in order. Let me know if you still have concerns.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Titanium
I am afraid I am still not following you, the donations are handled by https://www.patreon.com/, it's a big company and we don't receive any information about you. You'd just have to create an account there, but I think that's the only requirement.

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@DebateArt.com
@RationalMadman
I see, that you accept you donations through patreon is enough to make me feel secure.  Thank you.
Titanium
Titanium
To elaboroate tho what are the color options i'll deal with to cycle around my profile?!  A black light line seams Apt but I'm guessing yo don't do that. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
to be clear, I don't, 'you' solely refers to the other account you @'d and whoever owns that. I am not financially vested in this site as anything other than a donor who is not at all the same thing as a shareholder legally.

If this was a website I was financially vested in, it would be run differently and I'd carry myself differently and some users would be long gone with advertising and such done entirely via legal streams not spamming on DDO or anything of the sort. I am not part of this site's team financially, I am a donor who also donates time if that counts too of my own volition.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Titanium
Well he's a bit stubborn with the frequency you can change it or so I presume. Use hex code to pick it and message the Admin.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, but you provided the response that benefited me. I guess I'll be back shortly to post my inspirational colored lines that circulate!
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Imabench
Maybe if we give them just one unpopulated forum to spam the hell out of it we could get a benefit from all their traffic, we would just have to agree on which forum to turn into a shitfest
I thought that was what we were doing now with the RELIGION forum...  Golly, it has been a long time since I've read a bench post.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@oromagi
I thought that was what we were doing now with the RELIGION forum.
If the Religion forum dies, so does the site. What are you thinking?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Outplayz
I wuz thinkin I am funny guy but now I think otherwise
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
Yeah, on this website the Religion forum is a lot more integrated to the main community than on DDO (still separated). It always will be its own culture as it genuinely seems to be the people enjoy to discuss religion far more than any other debate topic and thus make their own culture entirely independent of the main website, as happened not only on DDO but has seen to happen on Debate Island as well. These Religion-only debaters thoroughly get a sort of therapeutic release from repeating debates and exploring different ideas but all from the same angles or 'informing everyone' of a truth they feel is their spiritual (not even civic) duty.

A big mistake to make on this website is to assume you can just shit on their reputation as on DDO both because the mods here are far more caring (Virtuoso is, but must say 'mods' or it's a conspiracy) and because Castin, who is a mod adviser for tough situations, is a Religion Forums main. The politics here involve them more as well as many of the most toxic members of them were moderated and either banned or willingly left the site in fury at the fact that they can't stick around bullying others and speaking putrid hate speech in the name of their religion as this website doesn't stand by America's First Amendment in order to stand against bullying done in the name of one's religion. This meant that the people left in the forum AND the outsiders who joined in the Religion Forum both were more willing to 'mesh' their group with the main site socially. These middlemen I would say are Outplayz and Castin as examples of their prominent figures. Wylted is an ex-religion-forum main on DDO who always was into both DDO mainstream drama and the RF culture but he is on the 'edge' of both so is less a middleman than someone who simply skates across the water rather than building a bridge.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@oromagi
I wuz thinkin I am funny guy but now I think otherwise
It's just i see a lot of hate from users that don't use the Religion forum... and i think on any site, the religion topics are always most popular. So, i don't understand why some people don't get that. It's truly an interesting forum. It's unlike all the other forums bc people are arguing something that they can't necessarily prove. It takes a lot of knowledge therefor to be able to concisely elucidate your belief when you have nothing. It's truly interesting to read that forum above all else. Philosophy and politics is cool too. But politics is just that... and philosophy is basically the religion forum trying to be humble. I personally like reading every forum... but those are always the most interesting reads. That's why you take those out of the equation... say bye bye to a large portion of users. That's why i left DDO... once it effected the religion forum, we were all out.  

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah... i see more integration of religion forum users on this site for some reason. I personally use to dabble just a little bit on DDO in regards to other forums, but now i try to read them all and meet users that don't use the religion forum... but, i've noticed more than just myself and Castin dabbling in the other threads. Maybe i just didn't notice on DDO bc i didn't use any other forum much.