How many gods does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 114
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
You're now ready to abandon your argument to make this a "god does not exist" clunker huh?

You do not get to ooze to another argument when your OP has been beaten. This is your thread. Your argument was faulty. I don't have to prove anything to you. My view of God makes no difference to your illogical argument.

You came on with a red herring built on an illogical argument. Your case is dead.
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
The original op is about the observable effect god(s) have on our perceived reality. That is still my question. I am willing to rephrase and refine the question until it makes sense to you. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
The original op is about the observable effect god(s) have on our perceived reality.
Sorry, all I saw was an arrogant poor thinker who thought he had a winner in some snark about God and light bulbs.

That is still my question.
And knowing you, that will be your question till you die, no matter what is said to you. Remember, I know how to get off your never ending questions train.

The next time you see a guy you don't recognize screwing in a light bulb, ask him for ID. You never know.
vagabond
vagabond
Allegedly, logic informs us that something for which there is no evidence of it's existence must ipso facto exist.
Religious belief at it's most obtuse.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
It's not the fault of theists that atheists have no ability or willingness to have spiritual experiences. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
As always you are under no special obligation to respond but if you would like clarification in order to facilitate our discussion you have but to ask. In the meantime you have not demonstrated your claims but thank you for your participation. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I used to habe experiences that I called spiritual. It is not an unwillingness to have such an experience on my part it is the fact that I have no evidence to support the idea that these "spiritual" experiences were genuine.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@secularmerlin
Not my fault you have so much self doubt you have no idea what your reality is. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
How would you be at fault for any of my experiences? As for self doubt we'll it isn't so much myself I doubt.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
My rebuttals are based on what argument you present.
Arguments may require rebuttals but questions do not. Questions beg answers.

vagabond
vagabond
It would seem that godists believe nonsense

Allegedly, logic informs us that something for which there is no evidence of it's existence must ipso facto exist.
Religious belief at it's most obtuse.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
In the meantime you have not demonstrated your claims
It was your thread slick. You had claims to demonstrate. You failed miserably.

Sooth yourself by pretending no one noticed.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
Myth rebuttals are based on what argument you present.
>Arguments may require rebuttals but questions do not. Questions beg answers.

With you, answers only bring the same question reformulated. But you did attempt an argument. It was eviscerated. You now want to reformulate and pretend you weren't beaten.

No thanks.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
I asked a question. That is quite different from making a claim. In fact when you pointed out that I had overreacted my epistemological limits I was happy enough to adjust that question in order to remedy the problem. Would you like me to rephrase again? 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
If winning is important to you you may tell anyone you like that you won. I'd still like an answer however if you wouldn't mind. Often I am given an "answer" that does not actually address my question and in that circumstance yes it leads to the same question reformed.
ethang5
ethang5
This was your clunker..

This is not a joke. I have never seen or heard of any god(s) that have accomplished this feet. To be clear I am not talking about acting through or influencing a mortal agency. I mean physically screwing in a lightbulb for themselves.

Do you believe that any god(s) are capable of screwing in a lightbulb and if so what keeps them from doing so?

Do you think this bit of silliness survives? I did not have to tell anyone that I won. But you did lose.

I'd still like an answer however if you wouldn't mind. 
Your question was answered. If you don't like the answer, perhaps it's due to the silliness of your question. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
I did rephrase at least once, at your request. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
Would you like me to rephrase again? The lightbulb is unimportant as it is just a placeholder for any observable physical effect.
ethang5
ethang5
The lightbulb is unimportant....
Then you shouldn't have given it such prominence

Would you like me to rephrase again?
No. You lost. After you lose, get off the field, take off the uniform, and go home.

You don't get unlimited do overs after the final whistle.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
This isn't a competition it is a discussion and if we don't explore each other's ideas effectively we both lose.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
>if we don't explore each other's ideas effectively we both lose.

Lol. Keep telling yourself that.

You had claims to demonstrate. You failed miserably. Sooth yourself by pretending no one noticed. You now want to reformulate and pretend you weren't beaten.

No thanks.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
Is it so hard to believe that I am interested in your ideas and opinions while simultaneously disagreeing with You? As for my "claims" I was incautious with my words and over stepped my epistemological limits. When you pointed this out I amended my statement and therefore the question. I am willing to do so again if my question still doesn't seem to track.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
Is it so hard to believe that I am interested in your ideas and opinions while simultaneously disagreeing with You? 
Yes. Because I know you as a pathological liar who will do just what you're doing here. You aren't sweet. You aren't nice. You aren't just searching for answers.

You had claims to demonstrate. You failed miserably. Sooth yourself by pretending no one noticed. You now want to reformulate and pretend you weren't beaten.

No thanks.

The dead horse will lie there as long as your need to beat it consumes you. How do you see your beating it ending?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ethang5
Now that you mention it I'm not sure what my endgame is here except that I like it when my beliefs are challenged and even more when they are changed by an argument. It happens from time to time in a debate when I am wrong and someone helps me to understand it. I wonder whatever happened to furrion5. He convinced me that we do not see light or indeed really see anything other than pictures manufactured in our brains.

Did you ever debate that guy?