Dart's issue with reversal burden

Author: Analgesic.Spectre

Total: 21
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
Routinely, I find issue with people's inability to provide evidence for their arguments, coupled with a reversal of burden. Perhaps laziness incites this. Perhaps ignorance incites this. Nonetheless, it is ineffective argumentation. Let's look at a couple examples I have encountered:

Since your OP enumerated failings of Democracy, it would be more instructive for you to offer a system that you think has proven superior.
Stronn, who failed to post anything of substance in that thread, suggests that because someone claims Democracy fails, that an alternative system needs to be proven superior. It is not mutually exclusive that (1) Democracy fails, and (2) every other system fails.

Or, you could show us how OkCupid does not attract people who wish to engage in casual sexual relations. Why is it that you believe this site to be an exception? 

Zeichen also engaged in this logical fallacy. When she agreed that a "willingness to engage in casual sexual relations is the intention of the [OkCupid's] users", I asked for evidence. As quoted above, Zeichen attempted to flip the BoP by suggesting I had to prove something else, as if that had anything to do with his bare assertion (quite a dishonest burden reversal, and one I suspect was made intentionally).

Have you too encountered this reversal of burden?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
With you, I often have, yes.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@RationalMadman
Quote.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
You just put the burden of proof on me, should I cry now?
Thoth
Debates: 6
Thoth

See how clearly I demolished my opponent in this debate because of his attempt to shift the burden of proof to me.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Have you too encountered this reversal of burden?
Yes, but it is considered bad form to mention people by name. You can point out the faulty argument, even mention the thread, but don't name them.

People trying to switch the BOP is one of those things you will have to live with if you continue debating online.
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
I had one user claim that mind reading was a real thing, cited the wording of a Wikipedia page on the speculation of mind reading and left it to me to prove him wrong without further elaborating. He got extremely upset when I objected to his view on mind reading and went around reading my conversations with other members, looking to interject with an objection to make his man-baby feelings a little less butt-hurt.  

And then he went and made this thread lol. Top tier hypocrite detected.  
Smithereens
Smithereens
also autism detected in OP, but that's none of my business lol. 
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Smithereens
You call me "extremely upset" and "butt-hurt", yet you pule here with several passive-aggressive digressions. I know that manhood is illegal in cucked Melbourne, but if you're going to disagree with someone, at least have the internal fortitude to do so directly, Benjamin.

Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@ethang5
Yes, but it is considered bad form to mention people by name.
Perhaps you consider it "bad form", but you're not the lord of this land.

People trying to switch the BOP is one of those things you will have to live with if you continue debating online.
It may be difficult to believe, but I remain alive, despite encounters with BoP switches.

Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
You've come here to whine about something you're entirely guilty of. Idk what's more to say my dear Anal. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
If you were going for anal retentive, you succeeded.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Smithereens
Benjamin, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that people would create a Wikipedia article about something, whilst believing that this something doesn't exist, and yet not blatantly stating that it does not exist.

You could argue that mind reading techniques are nascent (personally, that appears accurate to me), but you claimed they didn't exist. That, like your conception of Australia's 60% Christian majority making a mostly secular society, and your wasteful meat-eating habits, are nonsense. 
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@ethang5
The kind of anal retention required here is for the stuff that comes out of your mouth.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
OK. But after you succeed, you can stop trying.
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
btw serious talk do you have feelings for me or something? You legit follow me around the forums trying to get my attention and you're the only member who bothered to remember my name when I introduced myself. Sounds like textbook high school crush lol. 

Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Smithereens
I'm not homosexual. My apologies for dashing your hopes. There's always that anime girl in your display picture (although a "TOP NEP" may be out of your league).
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
I'll keep your feelings in mind next time buddy Anal spectre edgelord pal. You're not the first incompetent lover to stalk me lol.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Smithereens
> Remembers your name
> "Wow you're stalking me"

> I'm not homosexual
> "You're in love with me"

This is why you should go outside at least once a month.

Off you go, Benjamin.
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
yeah I think you are ahaha there aren't any members here who follow me around the forums and take the effort to remember my name. It's kinda retarded for normal people to do so it's a nicer explanation. Anyhow I don't judge so you do you. 
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Smithereens
Are we to believe that you're stalking me, given that you are able to recount the sting I inflicted upon you in our discussion of mind reading? Or perhaps, and this is a wild theory, people can actually remember things *without* stalking people?

I know sexual desperation reeks in the emasculated Melbourne metropolitan, given that no sane girl finds a weak nerd like you attractive, so perhaps tortured logic (we're talking Jesus-style Crucifixion) is a necessity to convince oneself of amorosity directed at you.