Is there truth to Nihilism and if so, which version is the most accurate?

Author: Wrick-It-Ralph

Total: 131
Wrick-It-Ralph
Debates: 44
Wrick-It-Ralph
-->
@Mopac
@3RU7AL
@TheRealNihilist
Everyone just ignore mopac.  He wants us to keep entertaining his rudeness because we like to prove people wrong.  But there's not point.  The real thing he wants is attention because nobody cares about his pseudo theism so we should follow suit and not care either.  

Maybe then he'll learn to be polite when nobody will talk to him anymore.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
The Ultimate Reality is what is God means.
So, basically, the ontological argument.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Wrick-It-Ralph
The real thing he wants is attention because nobody cares about his [CRAZY IDEAS].
Let those without sin cast the first stone here.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Unlike the west which sees theological conclusions as being arrived at philosophically and through reason, we in the ancient faith understand that Christianity is fundamentally apodictic truth.

The Ultimate Reality is God. It is self evident that God exists.

When people here demand that I prove God exists, they are not asking me to prove the ultimate reality exists, they are asking me to prove their own conception of God exists. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wrick-It-Ralph
If you cannot accept that The Truth is God, as I have been saying, what I am saying is true. You can be insulted all you like, but it would make more sense if you believed what I was telling you.

After all, if Christianity is apodictic truth as I am telling you, it is only possible that you see this by first believing.

That is the context in which the faith is open to those who approach it with sincerity, charity, and humility.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
I'm being arbitrary, but you are arguing with the dictionary.
Just because the dictionary has a word meaning something doesn't mean it is exist.
The dictionary has the definition of unicorn. Does it mean it is real?

It is arbitrary because you have provided no reason for why you take that stance. You instead beg the question instead of stating how you got there. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
As it is everytime someone uses this argument, it is very flimsy.

Unicorns are not defined as "The Ultimate Reality".

As The Ultimate Reality exists, there is a fulfillment of what God means that exists.

It should be apparent that nihilism itself is an embrace of arbitrariness.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Unicorns are not defined as "The Ultimate Reality".
A definition doesn't mean it is true. Do unicorns exist now? Come back to me when you have an actual argument.
As The Ultimate Reality exists, there is a fulfillment of what God means that exists.
Again more conflation instead of an explanation.
It should be apparent that nihilism itself is an embrace of arbitrariness.
You don't know what you are talking about and it has been a testament with the time I have read your lack of clarification of your stance. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The Ultimate Reality is what God means.

That is what we mean.

If you don't accept this, you are arguing to no profit, and showing that your accusations of my being arbitrary are really projecting on your part.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
The Ultimate Reality is what God means.
You haven't explained why.
That is what we mean.
I don't care about your argumentum ad populum. Come back to me when you don't have a fallacious argument.
If you don't accept this, you are arguing to no profit, and showing that your accusations of my being arbitrary are really projecting on your part.
You don't understand and with this statement I don't know what you are talking about. You are being arbitrary because you can't explain God yet you think it is true. That is arbitrary.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist