Archived
Read-only
Total: 39
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There's no technical way to automate that, and frankly, I think that should be left up to the voters. If the voter genuinely believes awarding a tie to be appropriate, I don't think there's anything wrong in that.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
If the voter genuinely believes awarding a tie to be appropriate, I don't think there's anything wrong in that.
You think RationalMadman was being genuine in the debate I was in? Even if it was made before the rules the vote is still up in the voting process which mean it is apart of a debate which is currently going through a voting process.  

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No, I don't. Which is precisely why the rules set out in this thread were devised and implemented.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Debaters can’t both be right - but they can both be wrong. I’ve voted for a handful of debates to be a tie, normally because both sides don’t do enough to move the needle to their side.

i often cast a tie vote in scenarios where I literally could have awarded the debate either way, or the criteria for awarding the victory is almost entirely down to an arbitrary and subjective opinion with interpretating the burden or resolution.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
No, I don't. Which is precisely why the rules set out in this thread were devised and implemented.
I much rather have a function which removes or allows moderators to check out a debate to say whether or not this should even be considered as a debate.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Such a function would induce all hell to break loose (rhymes ftw). We have some limits (like the troll debate classification), but giving moderation too much power in that regard would only create backlash, introduce even more subjectivity, and make moderation more intrusive. Plus, there's an extent to which such a proposal would unfairly target (and thus chase away) bad or new debaters.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
Such a function would induce all hell to break loose (rhymes ftw). We have some limits (like the troll debate classification), but giving moderation too much power in that regard would only create backlash, introduce even more subjectivity, and make moderation more intrusive. Plus, there's an extent to which such a proposal would unfairly target (and thus chase away) bad or new debaters.
Like Type1 who you refuse to permanently ban? He is now making countless debates that are attacks. Do check it out. 

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I will. Unfortunately, I am not omnipresent, so I am happy to know about any potential misconduct that is occurring so that I can address it.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bsh1
I will.
Abuse of power.
Slippery slope.
I want small government (DA).
The government (DA) is bad with money.

Joke by the way.
Unfortunately, I am not omnipresent, so I am happy to know about any potential misconduct that is occurring so that I can address it.
If only you were.