No Shame at Fox

Author: Stronn

Total: 64
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
If the left can confiscate guns to save one child...then the right can confiscate illegal aliens for the exact same purpose.

the right doesn't have to do anything other than demand the current laws be enforced, imagine that.

Obama: "If there's even one thing we can do, if there's just one life we can savewe've got an obligation to try.”
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
I wasn't aware that the powers of government were separated based upon political leanings. Learn something new every day, I guess.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Obama: "If there's even one thing we can do, if there's just one life we can savewe've got an obligation to try.”
I meant to say:

If the left can confiscate ILLEGAL guns to save one child...then the right can confiscate ILLEGAL aliens for the exact same purpose.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@ethang5
The question wasn't entirely hypothetical. We had eight years of seeing how Fox News covered Obama. Contrast that to how they cover Trump. That is the point.

Calling the question hypothetical then adding a few ad homs is just a way to sidestep the real point.    
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stronn
I think I'll wait gill your "point" stops bouncing around.

In the main time, Fox has nothing to be ashamed about.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stronn
I think I'll wait till your "point" stops bouncing around.

In the main time, Fox has nothing to be ashamed about.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
The question wasn't entirely hypothetical. We had eight years of seeing how Fox News covered Obama. Contrast that to how they cover Trump. That is the point.

Calling the question hypothetical then adding a few ad homs is just a way to sidestep the real point.    

what if we basically reverse it,  How did Obama treat Fox news and how did all the other medias treat Obama compared to how they now treat Trump?  So basically you are condemning what you think Fox news did to Obama for the very same things all the other networks are doing to Trump.  No shame like down playing destroying subpoenaed emails and devices, you mean stuff like that?
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Sure, most media outlets have a left-leaning bias. That does not excuse Fox, though. If you want, you can start a thread about bias at CNN.
DBlaze
DBlaze
They are all messed up.  It's funny when the breaking news is how each network is covering the breaking news.  Fox is covering the way all other networks are covering stories, and all other networks are covering how fox is covering it.  

It's absurd and childish.  The only way to really get the news is to watch them all, and get your own take from it.  Unfortunately, most don't have enough time in the day.  

If you can binge watch for a weekend or two, you can decide for yourself who you believe is the most rational based off of what you have seen.  Who spins it less.  

From what I can see, all the left news outlets covered "some girl from Iowa" until they found out it was an illegal immigrant, then it was not covered as much, except when they are reporting about how fox is reporting it.  Not really reporting it for what it actually is.

Same goes for fox though, it was covered, now it is covered a lot more after they found out it was an illegal immigrant.  It is all about supporting the narrative.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
naw I'm not into selective moral outrage.
TwoMan
TwoMan
Top 10 for July 2018 – Prime Time
  1. Fox News (2,406,000)
  2. MSNBC (1,663,000)           10. CNN (891,000)

An interesting side note - yesterday, when all the news outlets were discussing the Manafort and Cohen stories, Fox news ratings dropped to third place.
Republicans didn't want to hear it.
Reminds me of Miracle Max in "The Princess Bride" running from his wife yelling "I'm not listening!"
TwoMan
TwoMan
Edit - those ratings were for the coveted 25 to 54 age group.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TwoMan
An interesting side note - yesterday, when all the news outlets were discussing the Manafort and Cohen stories, Fox news ratings dropped to third place.
Republicans didn't want to hear it.
Reminds me of Miracle Max in "The Princess Bride" running from his wife yelling "I'm not listening!"
I watched CNN to make sure they were still full of crap.
TwoMan
TwoMan
I watched CNN to make sure they were still full of crap.

I didn't need to watch Fox news again to know that they were.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TwoMan
I didn't need to watch Fox news again to know that they were.
I salute your bigotry.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Hopefully the country can descend into anarchy for the sole purpose of boosting CNN ratings, cause that's like super important to everyone.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm just glad CNN still isn't reporting on the MH370 crash.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TwoMan
well, one day a year, it happens I suppose.

Scoreboard: Wednesday, Aug. 22
Prime: FNC: 501 | CNN: 454 | MSNBC: 530 | HLN: 103
Prime: FNC: 2.678 | CNN: 1.329 | MSNBC: 2.759 | HLN: 284

3rd place you say?

TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The information I was referring to was for the advertiser coveted 25 to 54 age group according to the Los Angeles Times.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TwoMan
look at the link I provided
25-54 demographic
TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
According to your link Fox was tied for second place with MSNBC for the day behind CNN. Different sources, different numbers. Same point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
I'm just glad CNN still isn't reporting on the MH370 crash.
They will find that plane before they find the Russian spy(s) that forced the country to elect Trump.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
They will find Hillary's emails before they find the Russian spy(s) that forced the country to elect Trump.

vagabond
vagabond
Fox is Pravda.
Mister_Man
Mister_Man
-->
@vagabond
Biggest red herring I've seen on this site yet.

I never said I don't care about citizens murdering other citizens, but that's significantly harder to put an end to than illegals murdering citizens. When it's as simple as enhancing border security (something Trump has done which has resulted in great results), I'd look into that to quickly put an end to illegals killing citizens.

Preventable crimes should be taken into consideration before less preventable crimes. I'm not just going to throw my hands in the air and say fuck it because crime is committed by legal citizens too. Come on.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Mister_Man
Out of the 17,250 murders committed in the US in 2016 how many were committed by illegal aliens?
Mister_Man
Mister_Man
-->
@vagabond
Well it sure took a fuck of a long time to find any statistics at all, but here's an in-depth study into conviction rates of citizens vs illegal immigrants in Arizona

As you can see on Table 3, there were a total of 3994 murders between 1985 and 2017 - 508 of those were committed by illegals, whereas 3461 were committed by citizens.

I'd say 12.7% of the murders being committed by a preventable source is pretty damn high. And sure, I'd be happy to say that if we can find a way to get people to stop killing each other in general that we should do that if it makes sense, but it doesn't look like anything really works. At least with illegals, we can deport them and increase border security, taking a big cut out of the murder rate.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mister_Man
At least with illegals, we can deport them and increase border security, taking a big cut out of the murder rate.
But at the cost of violating the "rights" of the illegal alien. 

Those 508 murdered citizens were worth the price of upholding the "rights" of the illegal alien.

Believe it or not, a liberal told me this. And he was being serious.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
Idio-ump exists for himself, not the people/state.  Duhh!  Listen to the growing list of past conservative security hawk personnel who have been telling us idio-ump is doing  harm to USA democracy as is his soul-brother Putin.

Get real  USA nutcases.

39 million voted for Obama

35 million voted for Hillary

32 million numbrains voted for idio-ump

Idio-ump did not drain any swamp. He moved in people who lacked moral integrity. Manafort, Cohen, Flynn and the list goes on and on, and on, and on.

The first 2 senators to support idio-ump now charged with crimes.

Get real USA.  USA nutcases are in denial of truth as is Fox news, big time.

Mister_Man
Mister_Man
-->
@ethang5
Ugh I've heard this enough up here in Canada, all the lefties seem to think illegals should be granted citizenship without any background check because they assume they're simply looking for a "better life" or something. Fuck everyone who came here legally or who was born here, right?