Author: Snoopy

Total: 125
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why would I be Pro-Life for a sponge or an amoeba?  I'm just not.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Why would I be Pro-Life for a sponge or an amoeba?  I'm just not.
Doesn't answer what I said to answer. I will repeat it again:
The why is what I want answered which you tried but failed to say why you have this distinction so that it isn't arbitrary here: 
It will have to die sooner or later, and it would be unnecessarily painful not to swiftly dispatch a critter before you start preparing it. 
You can say the same for humans.
Do answer. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I do not recognize a carrot's right to life, arbitrary happenstance.  
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I do not recognize a carrot's right to life, arbitrary happenstance.  
Still does not answer what I said:
The why is what I want answered which you tried but failed to say why you have this distinction so that it isn't arbitrary here: 
It will have to die sooner or later, and it would be unnecessarily painful not to swiftly dispatch a critter before you start preparing it. 
Do answer. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Hopefully I'm not coming across disrespectfully.  I'm just not interested in discussing Pro-Life personally, as it doesn't pertain to veganism.  

I am not a vegan.  I want to talk about veganism.  If you are "for Pro-Life" for animals, that would be nice to hear.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Hopefully I'm not coming across disrespectfully.  I'm just not interested in discussing Pro-Life personally, as it doesn't pertain to veganism.  

I am not a vegan.

You are disrespectful because the why is important in discussing why you aren't a vegan. You used your pro-life position to justify not being a vegan.
I will repeat what I said in order to understand why are pro-life for human which does mean you aren't a vegan is specific to the topic the at hand. 
Do answer. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
I did not know that of the geese, I have a soft spot for them and other animals that mate for life.

Animals should be treated as humanly as possible.  My preference would be fish, wild caught, veganism wouldn't work for me.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You used your pro-life position to justify not being a vegan.
No, I did not, and I do not believe it needs to be justified to not be vegan.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
I am just "for pro-life" for humans.
I guess that means your also a pro-birther Trumpanzee or, were a pro-birther when it was all the Trump rage?

That immoral rage against Obama, and,
the immoral rage against the right of woman to choose what  occurs with her physiology,

is of much greater moral concern then vegans, or eating a vegan once they have  died.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
It was sort of a fringe thing I was vaguely aware of until I saw Barack Obama joking about it.  Then it was hilarious.  In the last few years I've read media referencing a "birther movement", but apparently I was minding my own business at the time.  The reality TV type stuff just doesn't do it for me.  I liked Barack Obama during his first campaign.  Frankly, that is none of your business though.  I would like you to act a bit more politely towards me in the future.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
What needs to be justified?
Why doesn't it need to be justified? 

I still want an answer for this:

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist

What needs to be justified?
I don't know.

Why doesn't it need to be justified? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
As I recall, I was just answering your question, if that makes sense. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
As I recall, I was just answering your question, if that makes sense. 
This isn't going anywhere if you actually answered my questions instead of doing whatever it is your are doing. I'll try one more time clearly laying my problems with your apathetic side. 

Answer this one:

You can say the same for humans. Do you not see the problem?

What is your justification for not being a vegan?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't justify not being vegan, and I don't see the problem.  Maybe you start from an animalistic standpoint and I start from a humanistic standpoint.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Frankly, that is none of your business though.  I would like you to act a bit more politely towards me in the future.
I dont see how asking you that question { below } is impolite, and more so since it was speciifically in regards to you pro-life comments --- "I am just "for pro-life" for humans"-- and just a related question.  Sorry if touched a sensitive nerve.

...."I guess that means your also a pro-birther Trumpanzee or, were a pro-birther when it was all the Trump rage?"...

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I don't justify not being vegan, and I don't see the problem.  Maybe you start from an animalistic standpoint and I start from a humanistic standpoint.
I am not talking to you any-more. You can't answer simple questions where I don't assume judgement instead simply ask for your position and then you fall back to claim I made a judgement. It seems to me you wanted a cop out instead of actually explaining your views about the topic at hand. If that is the case why did you even create the forum topic if you weren't able to defend not being a vegan? 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
I see a vast difference between humans and animals, far more than any similarities.  Apparently some would see humans and animals as the same.  I will respect their agency as soon as they show it and grant them their rights as soon as the ask me to.
mustardness
mustardness
D-Pirated...I see a vast difference between humans and animals, far more than any similarities.
Non-human animals do not  commit gun violence, however, some of them might still try and kill you then eat you for lunch or dinner.

Non-human animals do not construct guns { weapons } but some of them might try and ambush a human.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am not talking to you any-more. You can't answer simple questions where I don't assume judgement instead simply ask for your position and then you fall back to claim I made a judgement. It seems to me you wanted a cop out instead of actually explaining your views about the topic at hand. If that is the case why did you even create the forum topic if you weren't able to defend not being a vegan? 

I started it to talk about veganism
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@mustardness
perhaps someday a food substitute will be found which will not leave people deficient in things they need like vegan diets do very often.

we could call it soylent green

if there was a meat replacement which was equal in nutrition, cost and taste then I would use the replacement, but until then.....
mustardness
mustardness
if there was a meat replacement which was equal in nutrition, cost and taste then I would use the replacement, but until then.....
I addressed this previously in this thread{?}. Since sometime into the industrial age, humans no longer need to eat meat to get there nutrional vitamin and mineral needs.  "Taste"  is insignificant when compared to beef industrys deteriment to climate. This should be a minimal brainer even for a Trumpanzee.

As usual, Trumpanzees are short sighted { narrow-minded } when it comes to comprehensive considerations of "cost" to ecological environment that sustains human life on Earth vs the desire for food that tastes like char-coaled meat { flesh } over the open flame.

Erratic Climate Change vs I want my beef flavor ...waah waah waah...

Duhh, are their any sane adults still on Earth, that, still have access to rational, logical common sense?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
Also, there's the thing where you want to screw over ranchers. I think that's more something I would reserve to the situation we are seeing in Brazil, where the cattle industry is displacing the rainforest.  In the United States we are capable of expanding the forest area.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Also, there's the thing where you want to screw over ranchers
As usually you appear to be confused, as Ive never eve stated you comment above.

Even cattle ranchers want clean air, clean water and non toxic beef and they want to survive ---and their children-- not die from Erratic Climate Change, Nucelar war an increasing toxic environment.

In fact, there is a dude who promotes a win/win solution via many USA prairie states massive growing of
very deep rooted, long stem blue praire grassess , carbon sequesting abilites, as one way to stop and reverse global warming and at same time be a benifit for cattle ranchers.

That does not change my view of ending massive cattle farming, because is is a butt forward way of  thinking that is less than comprehensive for longer term survival of humanity.

Once again, I have no problem with those humans who want raise personal cows to eat them or drink their milk, cheese yogurt etc. I believe there many many alternative cheeses, milks if not also yogurts in existence or that can be made without cow dairy. I dunno maybe I'm mistaken in my beliefs.

Humans can put humans on the moon but cannot invent a yogurt that does not have dairy in it? 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
Yeah, the beef industry has potential when you dive into it, naturally suited to the United States.  They are not difficult to protect from predators and there are programs where ranchers graze them according to management program on native prairie lands.  One of the major challenges we are facing right now particularly in those semi-arid regions, is a massive trend to drain off low areas to make more land for agriculture, catalyzed by modern irrigation and genetics.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
That does not change my view of ending massive cattle farming, because is is a butt forward way of  thinking that is less than comprehensive for longer term survival of humanity.

Any opinion on our current policy of burning food instead of feeding?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I don't know how many of you have hung around cows for any length of time, but they practically are asking to be eaten. 

Says the vegan. Lol
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Mopac
like the scene from Men in Black?  eat me! eat me!

If man was not designed or evolved to eat meat how come we can and do with no ill effects generally.  If veganism or vegetarianism is fact based I'm not aware of the science to prove it's benefit over omnivore or most other diets that include meat.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't eat the way I do for health reasons, but I feel very healthy.

I do try to eat nuteient dense foods though. I also pay attention to things like protein. Beans and rice. Quinoa. Sprouted bread  almond and cashew protein milk. Fiber rich cereals.

I like to make my own pizza. I put on lots of veggies. I also use whole wheat pastas

I should eat more fruit, but I go pomegranate crazy when they are in season.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Mopac
sure and just because you can do well on a vegan diet doesn't mean our physical characteristics were developed or designed for only that diet, so the argument that others make about everyone should be vegan I don't believe at all, not even a little.  While I think the carnivore diet is just as extreme as vegan some people do really well on it.

when you compare the digestive tract and other physical characteristics of vegan/vegetarian animals with those of carnivore, omnivore, humans have a closer resemblance to carnivores and some omnivores.

diets can be very individualistic as to benefits

June 18, 2003 -- Researchers have long known that a strict vegetarian diet -- one that excludes all animal products -- can lead to vitamin B-12 deficiency, and possibly heart disease. Now, new research suggests that even those who follow a more lenient vegetarian diet are also at risk.

now it would seem to me if that diet leaves the person lacking in so many important things it was not intended for humans, or that humans have never adapted to it yet.  If that leaves so much lacking it doesn't seem natural or normal for humans.