Out of context

Author: Mopac

Total: 74
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@dustryder
No, but I lost countless hours of sleep reading through all the leaked e-mails and as a result have been able to predict the news cycle for the last 3 years(to the point of even impressing people I know personally)

And I'm pretty sure that all this anti-Trump stuff originated in Hilary's campaign. The Russia stuff, everything. 

Also, what little faith I ever had in politics has been completely destroyed as a result.

I don't really care anymore. I am not interested in the Mueller report. 

You can at least have the comfort of knowing that I don't vote. I'm at peace with the reality that no matter what happens I am going to have to live with other people's bad decisions.

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@dustryder
Did you have a point to begin with?

And on that note, do you recall a news source that took a statement by Robert Mueller, William Barr, or Donald Trump and twisted words or removed context?
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Snoopy
Why yes, yes I did

And on that note, do you recall a news source that took a statement by Robert Mueller, William Barr, or Donald Trump and twisted words or removed context?
No.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Mopac
ಠ_ಠ

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dustryder
Why yes, yes I did

At that point, was President Trump referencing the summary, or a single quote of the Mueller report?  
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Snoopy
At that point, was President Trump referencing the summary, or a single quote of the Mueller report?  
Irrelevant in the context of this discussion

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dustryder
Well if President Trump referencing the summary sent by the Attorney General to Congress is not relevant as it previously was to your own words, then I don't know what is.  If the single quote by Robert Mueller is not relevant, as you previously indicated, then we are back to square one.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Snoopy
I probably should've clarified. It's irrelevant whether or not Trump was referencing Barr's conclusion in the summary or not. The impact in terms of removal of context and twisting of words seems to me to be the same. Either the quote was the basis, in which case there is a definite twisting of words, or Barr's conclusion was the basis, in which case the context of Mueller's quote has been removed

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dustryder
You have probably figured out by now that the quote of Robert Mueller is not the basis, right? That doesn't seem remotely reasonable. You know that the quote was not removed as well assuming you have read the summary.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Snoopy
Well the basis is the summary in its whole which includes the quote. I don't think it's reasonable to focus on Barr's conclusion and ignore Mueller's quote. And hence no matter which way you look at Trump's tweet, it's a distortion or it's misleading of Barr's summary

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@dustryder
Have you read the sentence right after Robert Mueller's quote?
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Snoopy
Of course
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
TDS is international

news media =/= social media
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac

Donald Trump is the best example of someone the media can't tell the truth about.

Which is why Donald Trump won the election.

But that is just like my opinion, yo.