The biblical curse of Ham, Harikrish explains.

Author: Harikrish

Total: 86
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Harikrish
In Buddhism, Nirvana so actually an endgame like Heaven, named Shambalah.

In Hinduism, Nirvana is more of a joke, like aiming for perfection. You perpetually end up being reincarnated over and over again endlessly because the idea is the better your life, the more likely you are to sin and no soul is infallible.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
It is clear to me that your understanding of Christianity is superficial. Up until our conversing you were even unaware of the true Christian church.

Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
It is clear to me that your understanding of Christianity is superficial. Up until our conversing you were even unaware of the true Christian church.

I am familar with Roman Catholics and Methodists.  Never met anyone from the Ortnodox Church. Sorry to offend you. With 30,000 denominations of Christians you need to stand up to be recognized.

Nevertheless  the topic is about the curse of Ham. Do you accept the bible condemns Africans to slavery?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
No it doesn't,  and I think you are only making this claim because you are trying to undermine Christianity.

The Orthodox Church is the original church, and it is kind of hard to "step up and be recognized" when our church has been the target of genocide for the last 600 years or so.

Roman Catholicism broke away from orthodoxy, and they have done their share of killing us. The methodists broke away from the Anglican church, the Anglican Church breaking away from Roman Catholicism.

The Orthodox Church is The Christian Church. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Also, the west doesn't have hinduism wrong. Hinduism simply incorporates everything into itself and then pretends like it originared everything and that all religionscome from it.

What we understand as the most dangerous sin is the highest virtue in Hinduism.

Pride.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac

Also, the west doesn't have hinduism wrong. Hinduism simply incorporates everything into itself and then pretends like it originared everything and that all religionscome from it.

What we understand as the most dangerous sin is the highest virtue in Hinduism.

Pride.

Jesus was so humble the Jews he was sent to save rejected him and the Romans crucified him. 

Even the Pope declared the cross was a failure of God.

Pope Francis said during his whirlwind U.S. tour. "And if at times OUR EFFORTS AND WORKS SEEM TO FAIL AND PRODUCE NO FRUIT, we need to REMEMBER that WE ARE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS... and His LIFE, humanly speaking, ENDED IN FAILURE, THE FAILURE OF THE CROSS

When you don"t understand something, when desperation hits you then look at the CROSS. THAT IS THE GREAT FAILURE OF GOD, THAT IS THE DESTRUCTION OF GOD, AND IT'S A CHALLENGE TO OUR FAITH.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
The pope of Rome is the head of a fallen and schismatic church, his opinion matters little to me. He is not even Orthodox.

For God to become man at all, to take the form of creation is quite the condescension as it is.

But it was necessary that God should become death, so that by death, death would be conquered. And through His glorious resurrection fill all things, giving life to those in the tombs, and drawing all of creation into his flesh, deifying it together with him.

To the glory of The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who is Lord of All and blessed forever and unto ages of ages amen.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You do know that since Jesus every person has still died. What planet do you live on? Certainly not one where death doesn't exist.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
The pope of Rome is the head of a fallen and schismatic church, his opinion matters little to me. He is not even Orthodox.

For God to become man at all, to take the form of creation is quite the condescension as it is.

But it was necessary that God should become death, so that by death, death would be conquered. And through His glorious resurrection fill all things, giving life to those in the tombs, and drawing all of creation into his flesh, deifying it together with him.

To the glory of The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who is Lord of All and blessed forever and unto ages of ages amen.

That is the Roman Catholic Trinity. So the  Orthodox Church did not reject everything from the RC Church, only those doctrines it did not agree with.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
I don't think you yet understand what I mean when I say that they broke away from the Orthodox Church. You are talking about things you don't really have knowledge about.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
I don't think you yet understand what I mean when I say that they broke away from the Orthodox Church. You are talking about things you don't really have knowledge about.

The topic is The Biblical Curse of Ham. Instead of arguing  which church is the real church, try dealing with the actual scriptures that condemned Africans to slavery. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
This has already been addressed. Your interpretation is wrong.

The Orthodox Catholic Church is The Christian Church. Roman Catholicism is a heretical offshoot that you mistake for our church.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You do know that since Jesus every person has still died. What planet do you live on? Certainly not one where death doesn't exist.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Nitrites are the Curse of Ham.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
It is inaccurate to suggest that Schism is anything other than Schism.

The word "offshoot" could be equally applied.

The use of the word "offshoot" is simply just childish finger pointing.

Our church is better than your church na na na na na.

And how easy is it for a gun toting, Texan isolationist to square their affinity to their Russian brothers?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
You aren't really familiar with the circumstances. Schismatic means they left the church. It isn't childish finger pointing, it is historical reality. The only reason you want to call them Christian is so you can associate the evils sanctioned by their church to us.

I am not a gun toting Texas isolationist. Russia produces some really saintly people. Yeah  I would peraonally like to see peace with The United States and Russia.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Yep I would love to see everyone getting along too. All it takes is a bit of tolerance.

in fact I would suggest that it is always the intolerant few that mess things up for the tolerant majority.

As for the biblical curse of Ham. I'm afraid that this sort of stuff is just over egging the nonsense just a little too much for me.

Regards Texas.

N.B. I did a tour across the U.S. two years ago and the only place that I ever felt insecure was Crockett Texas. 

Gunfire and door banging in the middle of the night.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
Texas is as diverse as any country. It is bigger than a lot of countries! 

This curse of Ham stuff is nonsense. Harikrish doesn't actually respect the subject matter, he is really only interested in making Christianity look bad. I don't know whether he cares about the veracity of his claims.

The church teaches a way that is superior to tolerance without excluding it. Charity. It is the type of love we teach, charity. The best biblical exhortation you can find on that would be 1 corinthians 13.

So I'd like to make it very clear that the Orthodox Church is not interested in secular power or the persecuting of anyone. In fact, we hold free will with great reverence. That translates into being against any and all coercive means to influence or convert people. I have even heard it said by clergy that they find it offensive when some protestant missionaries only promise food and water to starving and thirsty people if they go to church services. We are very different.

Not only are we not a threat to anyone, and truly, the world would be a much better place if people were better educated about our faith. A few things have made this very hard. The obvious thing to point out would be western forms of Christianity which have confused the matter grestly through what in my opinion is unenlightened theology. The second thing is the fact that in the last century, over 50 million Orthodox Christians have been killed because of their faith. We have been under heavy persecution pretty much our entire history. In the case of the American Church, it is still forming, and to be honest, probably not run in a canonical way. Instead of 1 American church you have a hodge podge of difference churches from oversees. It makes it to where the bishop of the Greek churches in Texas is in Colorado, and the bishop of the Antiochan churches in Texas is in Kansas. It doesn't make any good sense. I am confident that eventually, the Orthodox Church in America will be properly organized and be distinctly American. Once that happens, I believe that Orthodoxy in America will grow even stronger as more and more heterodox Christians become aware of it and how it has preserved the true faith intact despite assault from every side.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
That has already been addressed. Your interpretation is wrong.

The Orthodox Catholic Church is The Christian Church. Roman Catholicism is a heretical offshoot that you mistake for our church.

So why is your followers shrinking whereas the Romsn Catholic Church still has over a billion. The people has chosen. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Considering the genocides committed against us by the Turks and The Soviet Union, it is pretty miraculous that the number of our adherents have doubled in the last century.

That said, number of nominal adherents does not make truth. Certainly, you yourself don't even believe this argument as it could be used against you.

I don't believe you have genuine interest in this subject. 

Maybe you should stick to your own religion. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish

Here is a pretty good timeline that helps explain why the great schism was a result of the Pope of Rome's HERESY, and that is why they are not orthodox.

Of course, even today they are trying to "mend the schism", but until they abandon their heresy this will not be a good thing.

If they were to make amends, the papacy would resume its place of honor in the church.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac

Here is a pretty good timeline that helps explain why the great schism was a result of the Pope of Rome's HERESY, and that is why they are not orthodox.

Of course, even today they are trying to "mend the schism", but until they abandon their heresy this will not be a good thing.

If they were to make amends, the papacy would resume its place of honor in the church

The Orthodox Church is in decline. so what is the point of pissing off more people.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
It can not be helped if people are offended by The Truth.

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
You are not the Truth but you are highly offensive.

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Harikrish
Religion is so confusing to me.  There are thousands of them, in this day in age, most representatives of the religion would say science is on their side.  It's hard to tell who is right.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
"God hath granted me to speak as I would, and to conceive as is meet for the things that are given me: because it is he that leadeth unto wisdom, and directeth the wise.

For in his hand are both we and our words; all wisdom also, and knowledge of workmanship.

For he hath given me certain knowledge of the things that are, namely, to know how the world was made, and the operation of the elements:

The beginning, ending, and midst of the times: the alterations of the turning of the sun, and the change of seasons:

The circuits of years, and the positions of stars:

The natures of living creatures, and the furies of wild beasts: the violence of winds, and the reasonings of men: the diversities of plants and the virtues of roots:

And all such things as are either secret or manifest, them I know."

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

The truth is all the disciples were put to death along with Jesus. The Jews rejected Jesus and the Gentiles crucified him. The Churches sprung up to fill a void after the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem. The Hellenic Jews were the first century Christians. Christianity is a continuation of Judaism but according to Gentiles.
The majority of the bible is still based on judaism. Dropping circumcision ended the covenant.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Synagogues existed before the destruction of the 

Chrismation marks the new covenant, as well the full eucharist.

"And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament(Greek word "diathéké", which means covenant), which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
Synagogues existed before the destruction of the

Chrismation marks the new covenant, as well the full eucharist.

"And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament(Greek word "diathéké", which means covenant), which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

It is only after the destruction of the temple in 70AD that synagogues and Rabbis appeared to fill the void.

jesus made a covenant with the cup he was drinking from.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Your first claim is historically inaccurate, and your second claim is simply untrue.

Perhaps you should stick to your own religion, because it seems very apparent to me that for a self proclaimed scholar and expert, you have a very superficial grasp of Christianity. It would be better for you to be taught as a student rather than presume to be a teacher.

I think we would have a more interesting discussion if you talked about your religion rather than mine. I could certainly fill you in on what ways we may find common ground or differ.