Religion or Science?

Author: Paul

Total: 152
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@ronjs
Still looking for your evidence for post #148.
croweupc
Debates: 4
croweupc
-->
@disgusted
Young Earth Creationists treat science like hermeneutics. They only know what they have been told by people who have never worked the field or submitted to peer review for verification. They do not know nor have they studied science because science is demonized behind the pulpit. I would know because I used to be a YEC. The Scientific Method has yielded unparalleled results and they accept every other branch of science until it conflicts with their religious beliefs. As I have said before, not all Christians have issues with science and the conclusions made from empirical evidence. There are Christians who believe in evolution as well as the Big Bang Theory. Science unlike most religious beliefs is open to new information and is willing to go anywhere the evidence takes it. If we use our religion as a spiritual guide and science as a guide into the natural world, science would be far less critical of religion. It is because of the attacks of religion on science that has put them on defense. There are many good Christian Scientists who contribute to the field, if only people would be more like them and move past their biases.