Moderator Voting FAQs
1) Why was my vote removed but that other horrible vote that doesn't explain anything allowed to stand? My vote is better than so many other crappy votes cast on the site.
Moderators tend to review only the votes that were reported. If you find a “bad” vote and would like the moderators to review it, simply hit the red flag and we will get to it as soon as possible.
2) I've reported a vote but it wasn't removed.
Several possibilities: (1) The vote passes moderation review. (2) We haven't processed the reports yet (this usually happens in 24-72 hours). (3) The vote is past the statute of limitations. (4) The debate is a non-serious/troll debate.
3) What are the requirements for voting?
In order to be eligible to vote, accounts must have read the site's COC AND completed at least 2 non-troll debates without any forfeits OR posted 100 forum posts. Once you have done those things, you will gain the right to vote.
4) My voting rights were revoked. Now what?
If your votes have constantly been removed, the moderator team will contact you and coach you through the voting process to ensure that you fully understand our standards. If your rights have been removed, you must appeal to the moderator team and write a sufficient RFD on a debate that is at least 3 rounds and is not forfeited.
5) I didn't know the voting guidelines. Why was I punished for something I never agreed to do?
If you have the right to vote, it means that you at least read the COC. Ignorance is not an excuse for failing to vote properly.
6) I want to explain my vote in detail but it won't fit in the voting comment box.
Feel free to use the comments section of the debate to elaborate on your vote. You can use multiple comments if you want. You can also use a Google doc and paste the link to the comment box.
7) Can I revote once I've had my vote removed?
Of course (assuming you have your voting privileges) - as long as it is a different vote with an effort to solve the initial issues with it that caused it to be removed. Copy-pasting the same vote will cause it to be removed again along with potentially other sanctions.