white privilege exists

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 64
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@n8nrgmi
if you have black name on a resume you are less likely to be called. 

I’ve wondered a lot about this. It’s a pretty strange result considering that corporate America is generally on board with the progressive agenda and has been for decades. I wonder if it’s at least partially a class thing. Like we know that Robert Bruce III on a resume beats D’Marcus, but what about BillyBob vs Cletus? 

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@thett3
In the past, I've read studies indicating a relationship where whatever the rationale, the name is more likely to matter for jobs with some sort of public perception, like maybe retail has significant deviation for some positions but the engineering sector would not.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
I’ve wondered a lot about this. It’s a pretty strange result considering that corporate America is generally on board with the progressive agenda and has been for decades. I wonder if it’s at least partially a class thing. Like we know that Robert Bruce III on a resume beats D’Marcus, but what about BillyBob vs Cletus? 

Person who had the most influence in your life?

Eminem.

Whitey has left the job interview.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Snoopy
Stephen Crowder once observed that it's more likely that you won't get called back to a job interview if you were not raised with a male figure in your life. Around 70% of black kids are born without a father in the house.

The issue is real. Males have become disposable figures in the family paradigm. Like convenient razors.

Maybe the best a man can get is actually a father and not a Gillette razor?