**Bsh1's DART Race: An All Star Competition**

Author: bsh1

Total: 88
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Who is the ultimate DARTer?! This competition aims to find out. Inspired by the format of RuPaul's Drag Race, this competition will involved a gauntlet of contests that will test your strengths in a variety of skills, formats, and abilities that are frequently in-demand on DART and related websites. If you survive the trials, you will be crowned the reigning DART All Star, the ultimate user! Keep reading for more information.

== Participation ==

I am seeking between 8 and 10 participants for this competition. The structure listed below is based on there being 10 participants. Asterisks indicate those rounds that may be cut if there are fewer than 10 participants. If fewer than 8 people sign up, the competition will not run. 

== Format ==

Each round of competition will involve a different challenge. Four rounds will begin with a "mini-challenge" and all rounds will contain a "maxi-challenge." The mini- and maxi-challenges will not be scored separately, but will instead be considered together, with an emphasis placed on the maxi-challenge.

I will judge every round. It is my hope to get guest judges (who may also be eliminated contestants) for at least four of the rounds. In cases where there is a guest judge, we will confer holistically to identify a round winner and two round losers. The guest judge and I must concur on those decisions. These decisions are not point-based, but rather are based on the judges' deliberations, analysis, and impressions.

The two losers will then "rap battle for their lives," after being given certain parameters for their raps. These parameters will change each round. Only the bottom two will rap battle, and only they will be at risk of elimination. The guest judge and I will each handicap the two bottom constants with points out of 10 (with fewer points being worse for the contestant) prior to the rap. The contestants raps will then be judged and scored out of 20 (again, with fewer points being worse for the contestant). The contestant with the highest points after the rap battle will be saved, and the other will be eliminated. Ties will be decided exclusively by me. As you can see, the rap battle is more valuable than the handicap.

Mini-challenge wins may convey maxi-challenge advantages, and some mini- or maxi-challenges may require contestants to work in teams. The Finale will have a special maxi-challenge and rap battle. The format will be explained at the time the round begins.

To preview the rounds, here is a schedule of what the competition structure will look like:

R1: Talent Show w/ Mini-Challenge
R2: Quickfire Mafia*
R3: Speed Debating
R4: Voting Bonanza w/ Mini-Challenge
R5: DART Roast w/ Mini-Challenge
R6: Brain Games
R7: Fan Fic Fun*
R8: Finale w/ Mini-Challenge

This structure is purposefully left vague in order to keep the details of the challenges secret, while still giving you an idea of what the competition will entail. As you can see, it's fairly wide-ranging, and the hope is to give you a lot of flexibility in the content you choose to produce as part of the competition. Also, for those who are curious, it will not be overtly RuPaul's Drag Race-themed; I am just using the show's structure for this competition.

== Sign-Ups ==

Before you sign up, keep in mind that this competition may take up to two months to complete overall, though my hope is that you will not need to spend much time on it on a weekly basis. Still, you should be able to log-on at least every other day for a couple of hours for the duration of your time in the competition. The competition will not begin until at least the first week in June, and no later than the second week in June. If you have questions, feel free to ask! There are no prerequisites to signing-up, so please feel welcome to participate no matter your skill level!

Thank you for signing-up, and I am looking forward to an exhilarating race!
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
@Ramshutu
@TheRealNihilist
@oromagi
@Discipulus_Didicit
Just pinging some potential recruits...
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@David
@Vaarka
@blamonkey
@Our_Boat_is_Right
@Speedrace
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@bsh1
Sign me up!
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Alec
@Pinkfreud08
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@bsh1

I don't know if I have time for this.  Sorry.
David
Debates: 91
David
I’m in! 100% in 
bsh1
bsh1
== Sign-Ups ==

1. Speedrace
2. Virtuoso

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@bsh1
Put me down as a tentative yes.
bsh1
bsh1
== Sign-Ups ==

1. Speedrace
2. Virtuoso
3. Ramshutu (tent)

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
In bro

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Guest judge will be airmax
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Actually sign me up. I have a kink for impressing airmax.
bsh1
bsh1
== Sign-Ups ==

1. Speed
2. Virt
3. Ram (tent)
4. Supa
5. RM

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

I've been through a lot in my time of rhyming, oh yes, I've been grinding while sling-bound, one-armed out-boxing these Tyson-types with their one-punch-vict'ry pitiful excuse of styling,
I'm that mayweather motherfucker fighting dirty enough to out-slime the grime-kings but clean enough on paper to come back years later unbanned, no erectile issues on this vet of debate-site reputation-piling,
Build it up like a miner, chip and find it tiring, but is that gon' stop the potent rodent Ratman from gnawing at the ankles of these pussies tryna torture him?
Na, you got an issue with the smell of this shit? Smile politely, spray deodorant and worry more about getting the fucking washroom retiling.
Aint none fucked with me for long and come out the better person, that's not saying that I worsen 'em I just kinda have an effect on assholes like the biggest gangster gets when he hears the sirens.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@bsh1
you had me at "ram tent"
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@oromagi
lol
bsh1
bsh1
== Sign-Ups ==

1. Speed
2. Virt
3. Ram (tent)
4. Supa
5. RM
6. Oro

David
David
-->
@bsh1
Just a thought - since you can edit the OP, it would be helpful to keep the OP list updated as well to make the lists easier to keep track of. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@David
It's not a bad idea, but the old-fashioned way just feels...more normal, I guess.
David
David
-->
@bsh1
Yeah, it does since that's what we had to do on DDO. Though I think it would be nice to be able to edit the OP. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@David
I think it would be nice to be able to edit the OP. 
Let's make that the prize for winning the DART race: OP edit power.

David
David
-->
@oromagi
Rofl
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
So if I'm reading this correctly, I'd have to do one thing for each category
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
Would any of this entail video recording?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@K_Michael
You would never be required to videorecord, nor penalized for refusing to videorecord. Their may be challenges where that is an option, but never a requirement.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
Not really. Challenges will be explained in more detail when they happen.
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
might be interested in fanfic tourney
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
To do one you have to do all. Sorry...But I could have you as a guest judge if that's all you were interested in.