Abortion

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 139
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
If rights are invaluable, having a basis in truth independent of value, they are certainly not a "value claim".

If "rights" are a value claim, the personal contention is not actually referring to a right in theory or practice
I don't even understand what you said so I can't rebut your claims. I think you purposefully make your point more complicate than it should be. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Kangaroos are marsupials.
Primates include monkeys, chimpanzees, gorillas and the like. No. Primates are placental mammals, and marsupials are a separate group of mammals.

you just aren't very bright are you.

That distinction doesn't even matter. The most common thing about marsupials is that they carry around their young in a pouch. Humans do that with a tool. This is certainly not a big enough difference and doesn't actually defend your original claims that humans are humans are bipedal mammals when kangaroo's are also bipedal mammals?

I know you are not very bright which is why you resort to insults. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Was it the Homo sapiens that tripped you up genius?  Maybe you haven't covered that in school yet, which then I would owe you an apology  otherwise what I said is all correct.  Saying that you aren't very bright isn't an insult  it's an observation. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
So you don't have the right to have a tumor removed and you can't give anyone permission to remove a tumor, really stupid argument you've got there.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The standard is my body my choice! I don't want to carry a useless collection of cells and tissues, so I don't have to! It's like getting a haircut, clipping toenails, or getting your tonsils removed. I have a RIGHT TO CHOOSE whether or not I am pregnant. My body, my choice!

Finally something that makes sense.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Was it the Homo sapiens that tripped you up genius?  Maybe you haven't covered that in school yet, which then I would owe you an apology  otherwise what I said is all correct.  Saying that you aren't very bright isn't an insult  it's an observation.
Well guess you are doubling down. Your original claim was that humans a bipedal mammals here:
a bipedal primate mammal (Homo sapiens)
Then I said what about kangaroos? here:
A kangaroo is a bipedal primate mammal.
Then you moved the goalposts to something that was not your original claim:
Kangaroos are marsupials.
So basically you have moved the goalposts and you have based differences not on something real instead you base it on classification. That is not an argument and for you to say that really goes to show what you are capable or incapable of. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Um Omar I don't mean to be contentious but kangaroos,are not primates. Marsupials aren't even placental mammals. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
Rights are thought to have a basis in truth.  Whether you value the truth or not is irrelevant.
We afford each other rights based on our sibjective opinion of what rights pught to be. You cannot get an us from an ought.

When we talk abput rights,we are not talking about an objectively measurable object or force. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
Um Omar I don't mean to be contentious but kangaroos,are not primates. Marsupials aren't even placental mammals. 
His original claim was about bipedal mammals not about primates. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
This is a direct quote from post 110.

Maybe you did not mean to say kangaroos are primates but you kinda did. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
The rights mentioned in the constitution are not contingent upon it, or the government of the United States. 
You are correct. They are contingent upon our accepting them as a nation. Rights are not measurable quantifiable things and so no peice of paper or governmental system can make them more real than the people living under them are willing to accept.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
He doesn't understand what the term Homo sapiens means or refers to even though he quoted exactly what I wrote.  He's just not very bright. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
We all make mistakes. That does not make ad hominem into good arguments.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Mopac says: The standard is my body my choice! I don't want to carry a useless collection of cells and tissues, so I don't have to! It's like getting a haircut, clipping toenails, or getting your tonsils removed. I have a RIGHT TO CHOOSE whether or not I am pregnant. My body, my choice!

Disgusted says: Finally something that makes sense.

What I say?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
Yes we do, but when it's pointed out several times and the person continues that really is the only thing that can be deduced   It's not the first time he lies about what I say, there is a history.
I believed you asked him for the definition which he didn't and couldn't do.  I suggested he start with the the condition that it must have human DNA.  Instead of that he asked me for a definition which he quoted, primate, Homo sepian which he tried to apply to kangaroos.  Now mind you I just got back from the e.r. So I'm still a bit loopy lol

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I hope you are well

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
I hope you never experience a kidney stone ☺️
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Ouch. My sincerest condolences and from my partner also who is prone to them and feels your pain. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
This is a direct quote from post 110.

Maybe you did not mean to say kangaroos are primates but you kinda did. 

Didn't realize that. Was supposed to say a kangaroo is a bipedal mammal.