Christianity's role in African Slavery

Author: Harikrish

Total: 91
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
"Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, Christ.
But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
"Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, Christ.
But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be

Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. Like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.

Luke 23:21 but they kept shouting, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" - 

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Logical conclusion?!!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Psalm 21

O God, my God, attend to me: why hast thou forsaken me? the account of my transgressions is far from my salvation.

O my God, I will cry to thee by day, but thou wilt not hear: and by night, and it shall not be accounted for folly to me.

But thou, the praise of Israel, dwellest in a sanctuary.

Our fathers hoped in thee; they hoped, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried to thee, and were saved: they hoped in thee, and were not ashamed.

But I am a worm, and not a man; a reproach of men, and scorn of the people.

All that saw me mocked me: they spoke with their lips, they shook the head, saying,

He hoped in the Lord: let him deliver him, let him save him, because he takes pleasure in him.

For thou art he that drew me out of the womb; my hope from my mother's breasts.

I was cast on thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Stand not aloof from me; for affliction is near; for there is no helper.

Many bullocks have compassed me: fat bulls have beset me round.

They have opened their mouth against me, as a ravening and roaring lion.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are loosened: my heart in the midst of my belly is become like melting wax.

My strength is dried up, like a potsherd; and my tongue is glued to my throat; and thou hast brought me down to the dust of death.

For many dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked doers has beset me round: they pierced my hands and my feet.

They counted all my bones; and they observed and looked upon me.

They parted my garments among themselves, and cast lots upon my raiment.

But thou, O Lord, remove not my help afar off: be ready for mine aid.

Deliver my soul from the sword; my only-begotten one from the power of the dog.

Save me from the lion's mouth; and regard my lowliness from the horns of the unicorns.

I will declare thy name to my brethren: in the midst of the church will I sing praise to thee.

Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye seed of Jacob, glorify him: let all the seed of Israel fear him.

For he has not despised nor been angry at the supplication of the poor; nor turned away his face from me; but when I cried to him, he heard me.

My praise is of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

The poor shall eat and be satisfied; and they shall praise the Lord that seek him: their heart shall live for ever.

All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before him.

For the kingdom is the Lord's; and he is the governor of the nations.

All the fat ones of the earth have eaten and worshipped: all that go down to the earth shall fall down before him: my soul also lives to him.

And my seed shall serve him: the generation that is coming shall be reported to the Lord.

And they shall report his righteousness to the people that shall be born, whom the Lord has made.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

The only line Jesus quoted was Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
Because that was the only part that captured what he felt on the cross.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
It is kind of hard to sing an entire psalm when your lungs are filling up with fluid and you are being crucified.
If what you are saying is true, how do you explain the other things in this psalm that apply to the situation?

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are loosened: my heart in the midst of my belly is become like melting wax.

My strength is dried up, like a potsherd; and my tongue is glued to my throat; and thou hast brought me down to the dust of death.

For many dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked doers has beset me round: they pierced my hands and my feet.

And isn't it clear that that this is referring to the church thst followed?

And my seed shall serve him: the generation that is coming shall be reported to the Lord.

And they shall report his righteousness to the people that shall be born, whom the Lord has made.

You are wrong. There are Jews who were witnesses who would have understood the psalm that was being referenced. 

You do not really know our faith because you study scripture with an impure heart. You really study scripture to undermine Christianity.

Yet, Jesus Christ loves you and you can still turn away from error.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
It is kind of hard to sing an entire psalm when your lungs are filling up with fluid and you are being crucified.
If what you are saying is true, how do you explain the other things in this psalm that apply to the situation?

And isn't it clear that that this is referring to the church thst followed?

You are wrong. There are Jews who were witnesses who would have understood the psalm that was being referenced.

You do not really know our faith because you study scripture with an impure heart. You really study scripture to undermine Christianity.

Yet, Jesus Christ loves you and you can still turn away from error.

If God so intended he would have given Jesus all the time he needed to complete his recitation. But Jesus had just one conclusion to make and that was shockingly short.

Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

its called a lamentation or complaint for short.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
The. Church has greater authority than you when it comes to the interpretation of scripture. They are our writings. You do  not have the Holy Spirit to interpret our scripture correctly.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
"Over 14000 white female children were taken, raped, prostituted and taken as sex slaves just in Rotherham U.K. alone".

Where on earth did you get this bollocks from?

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
The. Church has greater authority than you when it comes to the interpretation of scripture. They are our writings. You do  not have the Holy Spirit to interpret our scripture correctly.

The gifts of the Holy Spirit ceased after the death of the apostles. It was no longer necessary because we now have the written knowledge to attain everything that Jesus promised. we can see the decline in these gifts like prophecy, gift of healing, etc. Paul gave a better explaination. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
This is simply a false narrative.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac

Here Paul writes of the gift of tongues, the gift of prophecy and the gift of knowledge (see 1 Cor. 13:1-2) and states that the Lord Jesus had revealed to him (1 Cor. 11:23; 15:3; Gal. 1:11,12) that a time was coming when these sign gifts were going to cease to operate.

The question has always been: when? When would these gifts cease?

This study focuses on that question—when did the sign gifts cease?

Arranging Paul’s letters in the order that he wrote them

The answer: The sign gifts ceased at the end of the Book of Acts. There is no record in Scripture of any of the sign gifts operating in any of the letters that Paul wrote after the end of the Acts period, and it is clear that the gift of healing had ceased since Paul could no longer heal even his closest co-workers after the close of the Book of Acts.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac

Any wonder the Orthodox Church is shrinking. The only truth they know is they are shrinking.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Harikrish
Any wonder the Orthodox Church is shrinking. The only truth they know is they are shrinking.
Christianity is shrinking because atheism is growing.  Eventually, it seems that atheism will replace Christianity in the west I hope.  Every religion claims to be the truth but they often contradict each other.  Hard to tell who is right.  I assume that religion is a social construct.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
If atheist replaces Christianity, so will human dignity and "rights" along with it.

Nihilism is death.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
Atheism has more human rights then Christianity, with maybe 1 exception.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
An atheist is simply a pagan in denial of their gods. 

We believe that man is created in God's image. This foundation secures the dignity of a person in such a way that atheism simply cannot.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
Dignity must be earned by being a good person. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
In a certain sense, sure, but there is a base level of dignity required for a concept such as "human rights" to be meaningful, and being human certainly isn't a dignity that is earned.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
We believe that man is created in God's image.
The image of you is that of a hate filled intolerant fool, which I doubt is the image God would want to portray.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
Some human rights, like obtaining life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and the 1st and second amendments through reasonable means, are almost universally okay.  The Bible wants to take away the former 2 in the name of sacrificing to God.

What God and SJWs have in common:

They both are against hate speech against their figure.

God thinks mankind is sinful and needs Jesus to be a good person.  SJWs thinks the white male is sinful and needs feminism to be a good person.

God punishes people for the actions of their grandparents and parents.  SJWs do the same.

God thinks he represents justice.  SJWs are social justice warriors.

See the similarities?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
You are very deceived if you believe these things about my faith. 

SJWs take matters into their own hands.

Christians leave it in the hands of God.

And God is The Truth. 

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
SJWs take matters into their own hands.
SJWs don't think for themselves.  They believe the same stuff that their leftist overlords do.

And God is The Truth. 
SJWs believe their ideology is the truth too.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
No idealogy can be The Truth.

An ideology is not God.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
No idealogy can be The Truth.
Christianity is ideology.  Here are some beliefs with it:

-Pro life
-Jesus is God
-Do what God and Jesus say
-In the event of a contradiction, believe Jesus.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
So it has been established that an ideology is not God.

That said, it still sounds like you have a very superficial understanding of Christianity.

Jesus Christ. Who do you say he is?

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
So it has been established that an ideology is not God.
God himself is not an ideology but Christianity is.  It has been established that Christianity is an ideology.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Upon reading this read. I found not a single person capable of debunking Harikrish's arguments. Really annoying when people did have chances only to resort to bad arguments or ad hominems/name calling if they are speaking to him directly. 
Mopac
Mopac
@Omar

Identity fallacy

/thread