Author: ludofl3x

Total: 121
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
@3RU7AL
Yeah, I noticed that, he's either not reading or being unintentionally honest. If you eliminated the inclusion of children before the age of reason, it seems Mopac thinks that would effectively choke out religion entirely, all religions. I think it's unintentionally honest, if I had to guess. In fairness, I also don't think he understands the scenario set up. The hypothetical states that the CHURCH, no other organization or state, is so confident in Jesus that they say don't bring your kids, he'll find them. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
I dont tell people what they can call themselves. You hating  spiritual atheists is on  you

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
I have no fear of this choking out my faith. I see it as being a tactic to choke out my faith.

There is a difference.

The gates of hell will not overcome the church.

And as I showed you in that scripture reference to the words of Christ, it would be contrary to our faith to not allow children to take part in divine liturgy. If churches ever decided to bar children, it would be from the influence of government.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
And you both proved conclusively why he requested you both keep your nonsense to yourself, neither of you understand the English language.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You can't even understand the OP, go away and play wanker somewhere else. The language being used is English, get acquainted with it.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Proving beyond doubt that you lie to yourself. Be happy with that.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
By your demonstration all orthodoxyists are brain dead, everybody knows that.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
But in your search for perfect ignorance you haven't availed yourself of even a modicum of information regarding atheism. The aim of your silly little religion is to be as ignorant as a brain damaged garden slug, you demonstrate an advanced state of your religions hierarchy..
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Without charity, you are little more than a clanging cymbal, a leaky faucet, a rusty gate.

Without charity, I know the truth is not in you.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
If churches ever decided to bar children, it would be from the influence of government.

THe hypothetical clearly states that no STATE influence is involved. It's the church itself showing the supreme confidence in the biblical truth that they're saying "we don't need to tell children, Jesus will tell them himself." If your priest in your orthodox temple or whatever said in whatever worship service you had, "I prayed so hard last night and when I was sleeping, Jesus came to me in a vision and told me this was the best thing to do," wouldn't you have to abide by it? Why not (since I am guessing your answer is no, because it's not the ULTIMATE REVELATION or something)?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
As I said, not happening.

/topic

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
And as I said, and you've demonstrated, you clearly don't know what a hypothetical or a thought experiment is. THanks once again for demonstrating why I was hoping you'd stay out of here entirely. I wish you were able to participate in good faith, but you're not. The dearth of other religious adherents with responses does give me some satisfaction that they read it, realized what they were going to have to argue out of, and said "pass, too hard."
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
 If your priest in your orthodox temple or whatever said in whatever worship service you had, "I prayed so hard last night and when I was sleeping, Jesus came to me in a vision and told me this was the best thing to do," wouldn't you have to abide by it? Why not (since I am guessing your answer is no, because it's not the ULTIMATE REVELATION or something)?

The answer is actually no because a priest doesn't have the authority to make those decisions to begin with. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
I already explained to you that it is against our religion.

Why don't you posit the hypothetical scenario of the priest or even bishop calling us to worship satan or sacrifice children?

You are drawing conclusions based off of nonsense you are imagining out of ignorance.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
You are drawing conclusions based off of nonsense you are imagining out of ignorance.

I'm drawing my conclusions based on your either refusal or inability to engage the topic at hand. If you want to post a hypothetical about a bishop ordering satan worship, feel free. if a priest does not have the authority to make those decisions BASED ON A DREAM FROM JESUS HIMSELF, who does? How do you draw the line on where the authority extends?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
We are actually really good at discerning prelest in the orthodox church. 

You really must think we are stupid or gullible to even suggest that we would hop to follow through on some random vision in a dream simply because the one having the dream claimed it was Jesus. If a bishop told us to worship Satan, he'd probably get chucked into the river along with losing his position.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
We are actually really good at discerning prelest in the orthodox church. 
What's the process look like to discern a priest? 

You really must think we are stupid or gullible to even suggest that we would hop to follow through on some random vision in a dream simply because the one having the dream claimed it was Jesus. If a bishop told us to worship Satan, he'd probably get chucked into the river along with losing his position
Well, the one having the vision (not just a dream, because Jesus is in it, its a vision!) would, in this hypothetical, already have been discerned as a priest or elder in your church. And again, I'll explain that this is not a bishop or priest demanding you worship Satan. Honestly, how hard is this to understand? A priest, someone who's been discerned by your church, prayed really hard, has been a good priest so far, has a vision wherein Jesus comes to him and gives him this pronouncement. Why is this priest's experience less believable than, say, the Road to Damascus conversion experience, or the time an angel appeared to Mary saying god was coming down there to put a baby in her? 

I'm kidding. I know you're struggling with this one because answering "no, I'm not comfortable with that" recognizes that you don't trust Jesus enough to find enough kids on his own to keep the lights on at your church. It recognizes the absolute crucial stage of religious development, the naivete of youth, wherein you can convince an otherwise rational person that an unseen entity controls all the cosmos, and is somehow only responsible for the nice things, not the bad things. It's why you continue to try to change the hypothetical. You can make your own, you don't need to change mine. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
You don't really get how we do things, you are simply beimg arrogant about your presumptions.

This is an unteachable attitude.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac

You only have man made fantasies you were indoctrinated with, you have nothing to teach.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
You don't really get how we do things, you are simply beimg arrogant about your presumptions.

First of all, I'm not asking you to TEACH anything. I'm asking you to explain it. These are different verbs. If your explanations make sense, maybe I'd ask you to teach me how to do whatever it was, if it was appealing. My requests for explanations on various fronts have gone ignored. The best explanation for your behavior, given its consistency, is that you don't know how to explain anything, instead relying on horse apple deepities and irrelevant quotes from a two thousand year old collection of scrolls. You think it makes you sound smart or holy, but in fact, it just shows you're an ignoramus with an unearned sense of self satisfaction, not to mention it denies your duty under 1 Peter 3:15, to always be ready to make a full throated defense of your Jesus, especially to people like me. I guess it's a good thing your faith focuses on faith over works, because you're doing no work at all. 

Be fair: every post I've made to you asks direct questions ABOUT how you do things. You refuse to explain them. I'm not the problem here. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
Too much attitide, not listening.

Don't believe you care.

crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
i just skimmed this but are you saying that the church brainwashes people. to stop this you want to put an age restriction on church.

firstly that's against the Americans freedom of religion

this is hypercritical because that's what public schools are for.brainwashing are children. and they claim one of the only alternatives to that is to brainwash our children???????

secondly the bible says
this

offences will comebut woe unto him, through whom they come!
2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about hisneck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one ofthese little ones. 

you are walking on some dangerous water

your philosophy seems to be the only reason people believe in jesus is if they were raised on it.

i believe because i have realized that god created life.

for example. medical plants turmeric roots especially have incredible medical benefits

heals a damaged  brain via 270 known

if you go outside you will and start eating random plants on the ground. you will either get poisoned and or eat something that would have incredible health benefits on your skin internal organs. for example hawthorn berries help with heart failure

how did these get in plants beside god.

how can nothing heal a brain via 270 known pathways

the poisoned plant thing the most logical explanation that i have heared about it is god cursing the ground after Adam ate the forbidden fruit 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@crossed
i just skimmed this but are you saying that the church brainwashes people. to stop this you want to put an age restriction on church.

You didn't skim it very well. First, it doesn't say I want to do anything, and I don't want to put any restrictions on an individual's right to have their own religious beliefs. That's literally no where in the original post. The rest of your reply is just ramblings. Please stick to this topic, and please re-read the post. This is strictly WITHIN the church. It's a thought experiment and it has nothing to do with the state, with me, with someone else. It's asking, essentially, what do you think the effect on religion as a whole would be if churches decided that children who are not old enough to be considered beyond "the age of reason", which in the Catholic church in America is about 14, were not allowed to BY the church to be in any way members of the church, and discouraged parents from teaching about their faith in general. Do you think Jesus would still get these kids into the building in the same numbers? Why or why not?

The rest of the time you're making like six different bad arguments. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Any atheist who has been in a church or service knows there are always options to move kids out of the sermon area so parents can listen. This is just a bigot making a topic. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Any atheist who has been in a church or service knows there are always options to move kids out of the sermon area so parents can listen.

Also  not anything to do with the hypothetical at hand. The question wasn't "How can I get my kids out of church so I can listen better?" If I didn't know better, I'd say both you and Mopac are participating in bad faith! Consider my pearls clutched. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Consider you bigotry busted.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
Do you just want us to state the obvious?

Yes, church membership would likely go down.

Now what point do you think this proves?

Mopac
Mopac
Would you, as a church going parishioner, oppose this rule, or support it? Why?

No, I oppose it.
Its against what Jesus says not to let children go to church.

What else do you want? 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The hatred that atheists express in so many ways, combined with historical precedent of atheist governments treating religion other than state worship as an infection comparable to lice.
There goes the troll again, spewing his hatred of others, no morals or ethics whatsoever.

I am not going to listen to you
Yes, we know, you never do listen to anyone, you just keep trolling, trolling, trolling and hating, hating, hating.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ludofl3x
Im gonna be honest: your kinda retarded