The Pro lifers are consistent; Pro innocent human life but pro life for shorthand

Author: Alec

Total: 57
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
Yes. Those are the concepts.

And I suppose concepts are sort of real in both production and application.

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Do you want to adjust what you consider to be innocent life or do you want me to give a real life example so that you are forced to change it?
Innocent is a legal term.  Criminals deserve to be punished according to their crime.  Do something small, like speed, and you could pay merely a fine.  Commit murder or high treason, and you could face the death penalty.  You may provide a real life example.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
You may provide a real life example.
Slavery pretty much made blacks second class citizens. I am going to go off a limb to say they were beholden to their masters and if they didn't listen to their masters they would either face punishment by their masters which have have them as property which is protected by the state. 
Innocent is a legal term.  Criminals deserve to be punished according to their crime.  Do something small, like speed, and you could pay merely a fine.  Commit murder or high treason, and you could face the death penalty.
None of this really answers what I said. You just simply stated what innocent is and didn't say how I was wrong or why you shouldn't change your definition of innocent. So is innocence still tied to crimes enforced by the government? 
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Alec
And you propose a sexist law that denies only a woman's right to bodily autonomy. Just so you know that's 50% of the population you propose to discriminate against but the rabid right believe in any discrinmation they can IMPOSE.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
The pro life policy is about saving lives.  If it were sexist, then why are about half of pro lifers female?

Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
Want to debate abortion in a formal debate?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@disgusted
I know it's so terrible. 150 years ago the Republicans imposed personhood on the negro slave, and now they want to impose personhood on a fetus? A clump of cells? Where will it end?
disgusted
disgusted
@pollywanna

Only the seriously deluded could think that personhood could be bestowed by ignorant, primitive, superstitious savages or anybody else.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
You don't understand the argument involved in the abortion debate. You think that has something to do with mickey mouse.
disgusted
disgusted
In an abortion nobody is killed, grow up numpties.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
You don't understand the argument involved in the abortion debate.
Then should I challenge you?  I think if we debate, then I would win.

You think that has something to do with mickey mouse.
Evidence that you are a troll.  Your lucky I support free speech otherwise I would advocate for you being banned like type1 has been.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Then should I challenge you?  I think if we debate, then I would win

Bodily autonomy. Carry on.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
Then should I challenge you?  I think if we debate, then I would win
Let me know when you answer Alec's question. I want to see this debate, especially the Mickey Mouse argument
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Snoopy
Post 42. Game over.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
Okay, So in post 42 "carry on" is your denial. You don't want Alec to challenge you : (
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
Okay, So in post 42 "carry on" is your denial. You don't want Alec to challenge you : (

Well let me know if you change your mind
Alec
Alec
-->
@Snoopy
I thought carry on meant disgusted wanted the debate.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
Challenge sent.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Do you really want to discuss bodily autonomy? Or are you the liar you present to be?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
You do realise that when you want to discuss abortion you are actually discussing each and every persons right to bodily autonomy. Is that the debate you want or do you have a fantasy debate that is meaningless.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
I'm willing to discuss abortion.  If you cared about not being pregnant, you shouldn't have had sex.  #Sex Strike.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
You do realise that when you want to discuss abortion you are actually discussing each and every persons right to bodily autonomy. 
That's part of the debate, but there is also the rights of the fetus.  Life of innocent fetuses (if they are human) is more valuable then bodily autonomy.  Life is a fundamental right that every innocent human deserves.  Abortion is merely a supplemental right.  Besides, if the left wanted to liberate women from pain, they would want to invest in artificial womb research and development.  Yet no leftist preaches for this.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
So you don't want to discuss abortion at all.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
Who actually has the authority to decide fundamental rights?

As there certainly doesn't appear to be a human consensus regarding the morality or immorality of abortion.
Alec
Alec
-->
@zedvictor4
Fundamental rights are rights one cannot live without.  That seems to be a pretty accurate definition.  You can't live without life but you can live without abortion.  

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
This was to you by the way:

You may provide a real life example.
Slavery pretty much made blacks second class citizens. I am going to go off a limb to say they were beholden to their masters and if they didn't listen to their masters they would either face punishment by their masters which have have them as property which is protected by the state. 
Innocent is a legal term.  Criminals deserve to be punished according to their crime.  Do something small, like speed, and you could pay merely a fine.  Commit murder or high treason, and you could face the death penalty.
None of this really answers what I said. You just simply stated what innocent is and didn't say how I was wrong or why you shouldn't change your definition of innocent. So is innocence still tied to crimes enforced by the government? 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
That's not a fundamental right. That's just a personal opinion.

The fundamental principle is that life lasts as long as it does.

Some life lasts for a moment and some life lasts for hundreds of years.