Posts in total: 80
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    Debates: 14
    Forum posts: 2,589
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    Aloha!

Given that both Virt and I are gay, it would be an atrocious oversight if moderation were to fail to remark on this most fabulous of seasons: Pride Month! 

For Americans like us, Pride month is a celebratory time to watch go-go dancers parade their abs down Main Street thoroughfares throughout this great country, while Britney and Cher bang out from massive speakers. Color-filled Pride parades are a way for queer people of all stripes to revel in our community's strength, talent, and solidarity and...of course, to party.

For many other Americans and non-Americans, life as an LGBTQ+ person is not as sunny. We should all take time to reflect in horror the places like Brunei, Sudan, Uganda, and Saudi Arabia where gay people are not just denied access to marriage, but face stiff punishments simply for loving someone of the same gender. Many may be stoned to death. Others may be socially ostracized or imprisoned. Pride Month is also a time for the world to investigate their plight, to think on their suffering, and to, where possible, take action for improved equality and justice. 

Whatever Pride month means to you, be you an LGBTQ+ person or a straight ally, join us in celebrating this wonderful time of year by updating your avatar to reflect the Pride theme. Be it a sexy snap like mine, or a rainbow-infused image, or a respectful gif, please show your support for the millions of LGBTQ+ people around the world!

-Bsh1

• RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 283
    Forum posts: 8,696
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    So, remind me again, why is it the liberal left who defend Islam?
  • David
    David avatar
    Debates: 78
    Forum posts: 1,172
    David avatar
    David
    I approve this message. 
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    Being gay is nothing to be proud of, the key is that it isn't something to be ashamed of.

In my ideal society there'd be no parades or this bullshit, not even "hi I'm gay. How are you, today?" just straight up no one caring what the fuck you're attracted to so long as it's consensual and pleasant for all parties involved.

I don't really get the point of these events, it's like I should be ashamed for finding men less alluring than women or be less proud and amazed with myself for being a cis male.

I am a man and I'm attracted to women, I am proud of that in a quiet way. If you're a man who is attracted to men or even attracted to things that are taboo, it comes down to consent and pleasure. If everyone is feeling pleasure and consent is absolute with the long-term psychological effects being beneficial for all, then what you're involved in, be it polygamous or not, is healthy and something to feel no shame in.

Stop waving a rainbow flag, stop asking me to feel bad for being an overall straight individual (I admit I can tell a sexy guy from an ugly one, I don't really think anyone is truly straight but if it's about love and long term lust yeah I'm straight).
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    But, if you want a great coming out song, this is my favourite:
  • Death23
    Death23 avatar
    Debates: 17
    Forum posts: 253
    Death23 avatar
    Death23
    --> @RationalMadman
    RM such a power bottom
  • Alec
    Alec avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 2,474
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    I am bisexual and the LGBT community needs to be less promiscuous if they wish to eliminate the STDs from their community.  Given that 73 percent of HIV diagnosis are from LGBT people, we need to be monogamous at max and anyone with a treatable STD should pay a $500 annual fine until they get their STDs treated.

• Alec
    Alec avatar
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    I can change my profile temporarily.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Death23
    Welcome to the blocklist.
  • Death23
    Death23 avatar
    Debates: 17
    Forum posts: 253
    Death23 avatar
    Death23
    Who else made the list
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,888
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Alec

I am bisexual and the LGBT community needs to be less promiscuous if they wish to eliminate the STDs from their community.  Given that 73 percent of HIV diagnosis are from LGBT people,
    Evidence? 
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @bsh1 @David
    I am not proud of being heterosexual. I don't see how you are proud of being homosexuals. Care to explain?
    Proud to me means you enjoying a goal of some sort. Being born liking men or women is not really an achievement more so reality. Well this goes on to free will but I'll stick to what I said. 

It should be like black history month where they show achievements of lesbians, homosexuals and I guess bisexuals. If that is the case guess I am missing it. 
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    @omar
    Couldn't agree more. Even the last part, which was different to what I said, I love the closing line a lot.
  • Alec
    Alec avatar
    Alec avatar
    Alec
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html states that it is 67 percent.  I was a little off.  Still a majority.

• TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @Alec
    Your original claim was this:
    I am bisexual and the LGBT community needs to be less promiscuous if they wish to eliminate the STDs from their community.
    Supported by this:
    Given that 73 percent of HIV diagnosis are from LGBT people,
    You didn't give evidence for people who associate with the LGBT community you have targeted homosexuals, lesbians etc:
    https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html states that it is 67 percent.  I was a little off.  Still a majority.
    If you don't think this distinction matters then what if I am a person who proudly represents the LGBT community or how about homosexuals, lesbians etc who don't associate with the movement?
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 29
    Forum posts: 10,337
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @bsh1
    Chicago has one of the biggest pride parades in America
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    Jay Blizerian is technically bisexual so...
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    RM's point is actually very true too
  • Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Debates: 3
    Forum posts: 687
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    --> @TheRealNihilist
    I mean, it's not like the people who write the history textbooks for public schools are like "Oh, the guy who invented this or who did that was gay? Let's just not talk about him them."
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Alec
    Maybe your bi-curious. If you haven't done anything with a guy but are interested, its bi-curious
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Death23
    raises hand
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Swagnarok
    Do you know how Alan Turing's life became and ended the moment he admitted what his sexuality was?

How about Van Gogh? I bet you didn't even know he was an avid homosexual. How about Mozart?

The point is they were all celebrated as non-gays and it slipped out later based on word of mouth or caught love letters coming out later on.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    Well Mozart literally made it obvious as was possible for his era, to be fair to him. It wasn't his fault people still denied it back then.
  • Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    --> @RationalMadman
    Turing was gay. Mozart? What proof do you have of that? I grew up learning to perform pieces written by guys like him, and this is the first I've heard. Something like that would not have gone unnoticed, if it was actually proven.
  • Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    --> @RationalMadman
    I suspect a lot of textbooks don't mention Tim Berners-Lee, the man who invented the WWW protocol and thus the internet as it exists today. As far as I know he isn't gay. Nor, I imagine, do they mention Hegel, one of the most influential philosophers in history. You can't take omission as evidence of malice. The history books tend to be fairly minimalist, because there's SO much they could add but to do so would take up way too much time and space. So they have to focus on what's important.