I dont understand why there are so many people with NO debates who just post in the forum all day

Author: Dr.Franklin

Read-only
Total: 13
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin

Vernonwhite
Debates: 0
Vernonwhite
it is possible to debate in a less formal format, in a thread as opposed to the debate section.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vernonwhite
I suppose
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
This website is great. I work hard, come onto it briefly more often than not, and it helps relieve my stress.
I don't use the forums as a debate platform. Its nice to see a bunch of different takes in the same setting, and some of it can be funny and entertaining.

Vernonwhite
Vernonwhite
-->
@Snoopy
join the discord and go to voice chat

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Vernonwhite
What is voice chat?  I prefer stating claims online because it gives me more time to think about my responses.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
If you don't want people posting in the forums get rid of them. Who the fuck are you to tell anyone what the do.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
i am just curious jeez someone woke up on wrong side of the bed scallywag
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vernonwhite
I agree entirely.

Formal debate demands a great deal of effort and valuable time. Forum discussion is much more spontaneous and honest.
Vernonwhite
Vernonwhite
-->
@zedvictor4
I'd say spontaneous discussion is less honest.. I am less likely to give you my real premises in conversation as they take more effort to elaborate on.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vernonwhite
I would suggest that formal debate is more contrived. Structure and presentation become too much of a concern, impeding the fluidity of thought.

On line debating is much more of an exercise in composition.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Some of us have families and jobs that consume massive amounts of time and lives. We still like to debate issues but only have a few minutes a day or week to devote time to it. That would be why I don't debate formally. The other reason is that debating on debate sites is devoid from reality when debating in the real world. People don't respond to issues like they do here in the real world. All this line by line dissection of every word is preposterous. I find it tedious and diverts from the topic but rather turns into a bickering match of who thinks what the word "IT" means. People dont talk like that in the real world, not anywhere.
David
Debates: 91
David