Why Pride Matters

Author: bsh1

Total: 61
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
So she fucked up Iraq and Syria. Benghazi, under her a reassurance of anti-Israel terrorists occurred. She let Russia bomb civilians and take Crimea with NO consequences as well as China take the Seas around them. Hillary of Clinton was the WORST SOS EVER. Even worse than Bush's and Kennedy's
Sparrow
Debates: 47
Sparrow
She let Russia AND America bomb civilians. Especially America.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Go ahead, prove what you're saying. After you prove it, I'll go into how Bush's Sec of State and Kennedy's were far worse than HC.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
LOL She what? don't you mean Bush did that? Her husband led the only example in American history of a war where America surrendered and minimised casualties.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
When you say 'let it happen' I think everyone in the world 'let it happen' if you define that in the default way.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
"sent out to all those still fighting oppression."
LGBTQ+ Pride is oppressing heterosexuals just as equally by culture shaming them if they are not either associated with that group

If you do not say you are an ally, the you will be suspended from school. I do not care what you identify as, but I should not be fucking suspended for not allying with them when its against my religion

In no way am I saying that the stoning of them or the hate is good, but sexual identity is not anything to be proud of. I should be proud to be a hetero and not feel guilt 
Vader
Vader
If anything, it should highlight the achievements of the LGBTQ+ community and famous people who did things in our society and applauding those people for what they did with the community

Pride Month has turned into a "Hate Heteros Month" and has lost its meaning. Media has taken this month of awareness, and made it toxic

Vader
Vader
 Pride is not a celebration of homosexuality
There is also a SHARP different between what it actually means VERSUS what it is portrayed as

Media portrays it as a celebration.
Vader
Vader
We had a presentation on genders, and someone said there is 71 technical genders. 

That is simply not true. There can be various sexual identities, but there is only 2 genders

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Vader
Just so you’re aware, Hetro pride month lasts all 12 months.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
Baloney
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Vader
Not really.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
Iraq was in chaos because of Iran and Saudi Arabia supporting militia groups in Iraq. Iraq finally started to stabilize but NO SHE HAD TO PULL THE TROOPS.And I just gave you reasons?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
What I mean by fucking up Syria is that she funded the same rebels who aligned with Al-Queda and furthering the conflict.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
I what way
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Ramshutu
Just so you’re aware, Hetro pride month lasts all 12 months.
No it doesn't.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Alec
Yes it does. There’s actually 12 of them.

Your bombarded with flagrant cultural images of heterosexuality pretty much 100% of the time. TV, to advertising, what’s acceptable behaviour in public. It’s literal wall to wall Hetero across the board.

You just don’t notice it because it’s “normal”. 

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Ramshutu
Your bombarded with flagrant cultural images of heterosexuality pretty much 100% of the time. TV, to advertising, what’s acceptable behaviour in public. It’s literal wall to wall Hetero across the board.
Most of that stuff doesn't care what your sexuality is.  There are some pictures of girls in bikinis but this is far from a society in which gays are oppressed.  They are oppressed in Shariah law countries.  As Yassine once said, (there's more to life then what's between the legs).
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Alec
Firstly, no: the US specifically is one of the more backwards of modern western countries in terms of lgbt rights, and there is still widespread issues with discrimination; lack of acceptance. Hell, the Vice President of the country supports gay conversion therapy; and you have people like Mopac still claiming that it’s a choice.  So while the treatment of homosexuals is better than in countries where you can get stoned for it; is a pretty low bar, and aiming your sights pretty low. The bar is and should be, that there’s no difference in treatment - and you are way behind most other OECD countries.

Secondly, a drag queen doesn’t care if your gay, a gay oiled up gay man twerking on a perqdd float doesn’t care if your gay. Pride parade don’t care if your gay any more than woman in Bikinis.

The idea that pride month some how requires or wants you to be gay, is simply ridiculous. Men can flaunt their heterosexuality, women can too. Advertising does it all the time, those women in bikinis. Or the portrayal of sex and relationships on TV are ubiquitously heterosexual - you don’t have to wait till June to see people flaunting their heterosexuality the way people do on a pride parade. Just turn on the TV, or read a magazine.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
Its genetic without a doubt, and I seriously do believe there is a gay gene

Meme this all you want, but one day there will scientific evidence that there is a GENE that makes you gay

This would BE WORSE, because if science proves this when CRISPR is booming, then the rehab for gay people that were religion would surgically remove the gay gene, causing no homosexuality
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
Yet if you are not taking part, you are shamed and considered homophobic. While that may not be the point, thats what they turned it into, the Hate Heteros Month

Vader
Vader
-->
@Ramshutu
An example of this is even the post James Charles Drama

He was pissed when someone was bi-sexual, meaning that they WILL judge you if you like girls or such, just like other notable celebs like Jefree Star
Vader
Vader
I'm not saying heteros are innocent of this as well of them showing pride in their sexuality and flaunting it in NON VIOLENT ways
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vader
No one should feel proud of their sexuality, nor should they feel ashamed. Asking us to flags up for sexuality and feel pride for it. If a straight male put a flag for pride in being straight, we would be SO EVIL.
Did you literally read anything of what I said? Since you obviously either didn't read, didn't process, or didn't understand, I'll repeat myself: "Pride is not a celebration of homosexuality." It is not, in fact, a celebration of sexuality of any kind.

Instead, it is a celebration of the community that has been forged through years of oppression and a message of support to those who are facing oppression right now.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Ramshutu
That is an awesome picture...
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
I read the post lol, but that was first note response.

I said something else somewhere about it not being looked at it by social media or what it is now known for
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Pride Month has turned into a "Hate Heteros Month" and has lost its meaning.
Have you ever been to a Pride?
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
I have had friends been to them (in Chicago), and they heard a lot people shout obscene things about heteros
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
but then again, it is Chicago. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
There are always going to be drunk idiots at *any* public event, Pride included. The question isn't whether some gay people hold problematic views, the question is instead what Pride is about on balance.