or

"Quick, hide from the thunder!  Cancer!"

C'mon, man.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FaustianJustice
On most sites I looked at, the actual quote was “If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer,”

So I claim that YOU are lying about the quote, and I have evidence.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Says the person who doesn't even know what evidence is but asks for it.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Michael_Hastings
AOC has been notorious for making up statistics and has demonstrated time and time again that she does not understand US economics.

The T-1000 should be impeached for what it's done to AOC.  She was an honest bartender, and now people think she's some weirdo, just because someone was talking like one's ability to react reasonably to a proposition can be predicted by race, which impacts the food you should grow.

Also, that haircut is atrocious.  Skynet was aware of that going into the elections, and golf isn't a sport.  
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@FaustianJustice
Secondly WTF honestly says "Oh, Yeah, went to a Metallica concert, got cancer."

or

"Just got back from the gun range, and yup, doctor said I had melanoma." 

or

"Quick, hide from the thunder!  Cancer!"

The huge windmills have high voltage transmission lines, and I don't know why but you can literally hear a buzzing noise on a calm day even from a distance from some of that stuff, which to me is personally unsettling. The thing is, we are talking about our electrical grid, and windmills take up a lot of space, producing extremely high voltages which are efficient for transmission over long distance over large areas on people's property. The transmission lines are always resisted, but often the people effected don't have the clout to stop how they are permanently affixed into the environment.  The windfarms look kind of awesome upon visitation, but also awkward to me personally, covering vast expanses of area that would otherwise be relatively natural. Recall that modern turbines can exceed 300 feet in diameter, nothing like a water pump on a farm, or something made for localized power generation.
FaustianJustice
Debates: 0
FaustianJustice
-->
@Greyparrot
Okay, who is "they"?

Have you ever heard anyone aside from Trump state something similar?
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Greyparrot
btw

The first half was a lie, too.

Secondly, he is repeating the second half (cancer) as it deals it truth and helps his position, despite the fact there is no evidence.  I have not heard of anyone claiming windmills cause cancer.  I have not seen any research to that effect.  I have not even heard rumor to that effect.

Making crap up on the spot is also a lie, too.

-  Cordially yours, the King of the Earth

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@FaustianJustice
Sounds like he is spreading rumors, "they say".  They can impose environmental sources of stress
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Snoopy
Doesn't matter. Anything that can be remotely construed as an opinion is now a factual lie.

It's just another tool in the censorship toolbox of the fascist left.
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Greyparrot
It is if you are trying to pawn it off as the truth which is exactly what he was doing.

There was no "I think", "maybe they" or "some research indicates"...

I am still interested in finding out who the "they" is, aren't you, Polly?  Because if "They say...." and the AREN'T saying, its an um... what do you call it...

oh, right...

A lie.

FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Snoopy
And what part of spreading rumors isn't a lie?

If I go around saying "They say..." infant of whatever fool story I can concoct, does that make the statement any less of a fabrication?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FaustianJustice
You're a liar because I don't agree with anything you say. Go fascism! Authority is freedom!

FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, I accept your concession, you are no longer offering worthwhile posts, on topic posts, or posts defending anything that is really capable of being defended.

It was a good effort on your part though.

Well, not really.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FaustianJustice
I don't agree with your opinion, liar.

FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Greyparrot
Because you don't know what an opinion is.  

"They say that windmills cause cancer" isn't an opinion.  Its referencing clear and objective circumstance.

".... cause cancer".  This is an objective statement.  Something can, or can't cause cancer.  It doesn't matter who or what believes it or has an opinion about it.

"They say..."  this to is an objective statement.  People have or haven't said something.  

What Trump stated wasn't some vague opinion.  It was an objectively based (".. cause cancer") circumstance that had no grounding in reality.  The first part ("They say...") is no more opinion than the second.

Stop playing the fraud.  This is why people call you a troll and move on with their life.  

You play semantics, poorly, get owned, routinely, and what salient points you have when applicable are just by products of your attempts at misdirection.  

No, would you Kindly shut up.  

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Michael_Hastings
Why does it matter? This person has been a member of Congress for a couple of months. She has no prior background of service in government that might distinguish her. The only title she's ever held as of right now is that of a junior member of the House of Representatives, a governing body which has over 400 constituents. To my knowledge she has sponsored no major piece of legislation which was successfully passed in the House, and then in the Senate and then signed into effect by the President. She is not eligible to run for President in 2020, and I think it unlikely overall that she'll ascend to the Presidency in 2024 either.
Literally the only noteworthy thing about her is the vastly disproportionate and undeserved media attention that she receives, and the notoriety that people on the Right (myself included) have been far, far too happy to shower upon her for whatever strange reason.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FaustianJustice
Even more lying opinions. Ad homs will get you nowhere, liar.

I disagree with every one of your opinions, even before you say them. They are all lies.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@FaustianJustice
And what part of spreading rumors isn't a lie?

If I go around saying "They say..." infant of whatever fool story I can concoct, does that make the statement any less of a fabrication?
Rumor
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2 : a statement or report currently without known authority for its truth

Lie - Noun
 1: A criminal falsehood; a falsehood uttered for the purpose of deception; an intentional violation of truth. Fiction, or a false statement or representation, not intended to deceive, mislead or injure, as in fables, parables and the like, is not a lie.
It is willful deceit that makes a lie A man may act a lie as by pointing his finger in a wrong direction, when a traveler inquires of him his road.
 2: An expression of something known or believed by the speaker or writer to be untruthful with intent to deceive

Lie - Verb
 To make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Snoopy
You didn't answer my question.  As nice as it is to see clarifying definitions, of course.  

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Snoopy
The MSM throws about the term liar as flippantly as they throw around the term racist.

It doesn't mean anything anymore, their attempts to censor free speech have the Streisand effect.

2020 Trump usus
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Snoopy

It's so fun watching this pretentious airhead go from smiling and laughing while calling Barr a liar, and then transform into the victim in less than 30 seconds.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@FaustianJustice
You need evidence
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
And you haven't defined what evidence you are willing to accept.

I am not interested in quote citation after citation after citation after citation.

Since our conversation started, Laura Ingrham (sp?) of Fox News literally called Trump's own words and declarations "fake news" and asked the audience to disbelieve what they just heard from the man. 

Is that something you are interested in entertaining as evidence, or are you just going to keep stating I need evidence over and over again?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FaustianJustice
I watched the CNN hit piece. It's still essentially a difference of opinion. But the default position of MSM is to call every difference of opinion a deception until otherwise proven not. That practice is deceptive in itself.
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Greyparrot
Sure.

Just like we can differ on opinion on whether or not breakfast being served is has browns or scramble eggs.  

I don't care what you think is a "difference of opinion is".  You have clearly noted you don't know what opinion is enough to consider it opinion.

".... causes cancer" is not a matter of opinion. Do you think it is?  (answer yes or no, here)

"They say..."  is not a matter of opinion.  Do you think it is? (answer yes or no, here)

"We are running late because of me..." is not a matter of opinion.  Do you think it is?  (answer yes or no here)

Again, yes or no questions, so they deserve yes or no answers.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FaustianJustice
What is even further laughable is the amount of street cred given to Fox reporters ONLY when it is negative coverage of the president. Otherwise the default position is that Fox is a source of fake news.

Credibility should not be based on how much reverb your echo chamber emits.