Gun control debate ramping up

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 41
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
Really though, Texas is the only state in the entire union that could survive as a country.

We have our own electrical grid.

We have a balanced budget.

We have great infastructure.

We have great industry and agriculture.

We have a very well developed and civilized gun culture.

Texans tend to be very proud of Texas. 

Plus Texans make up a good chunk of US armed forces. Texans who are really in all likelihood loyal to Texas.

Texas has its act together for the most part.

Like I said though, my part to play in all of this is a peacemaker. No matter the governing situation, my role isnpretty much the same. I will pray for our civil authorities.

Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
It's funny how people debate this topic. What are you going to do? What is the end goal? Is your end goal a delusion? In my humble opinion, erasing 300 million plus guns is a delusion. The question comes down to who should own one and who shouldn't... we already have laws for that. Debating those laws i'm okay with... as long as it hurts criminals and not those protecting themselves against criminals. Most laws proposed only hurt law abiding citizens bc people are stuck in the delusion we can go back in time. It's just a stupid debate... and, i'm progressive for the most part for goodness sake. Guns aren't going anywhere.... actually, guns will continue to evolve as we do. You better hope you have something over a 308 once the A.I. apocalypse happens. Who knows what the future holds... but erasing these weapons ain't going to happen. I know how to make one in my garage now... it's not that hard.  
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
I know how to make one in my garage now... it's not that hard.
And that is a more common attitude in todays world.  In a differrent world that attitude may be less common and less commonly accepted by the masses.

Then there is also the question of acquiring propellants for fire-arms.

..."Propellants can vary from black gunpowder to a more modern smokeless powder which contains nitrocellulose. Propellants are carefully formulated to ignite and create an expanding gas that accelerates the bullet down the barrel."....

What happens when your neighbors find out your building firearms and aquring chemicals to create ammunition?

The common saying is that ...'the world is filled with people with good intentions'...

Can you imagine a world not filled with people with good intentions?

Can you imagine a world filled with people with good intentions put into action via agreement to do so aka spiritual intent?

1} unify humanity under common wholistic set of concerns and goals 
....1a, 1b, 1c, 1d etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity
....you would rather fight than any other options.............

2} unified humanity agrees to dismantle all hydrogen and nuclear weapons,
..this began in 80's.....

3 } unified humanity agrees to dismantle all toxic weapons,
.....I'm on board who is against that?....

4} unified humanity agrees to abolish all larger weapons,
....well this moves us closer to balancing the tables for common person who has no "larger weapons" your type should like this......

5} unified humanity agrees to abolish all medium size  weapons,
....common person also does not have medium size weapons so again, equalizing towards the common person....

6} unified humanity agrees to abolish all small weapons { firearms }.
....I have no problem with personal bow and arrow as much harder to do massive damage by single individual....

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

65 days later

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Outplayz

It's funny how people debate this topic. What are you going to do? What is the end goal?
The end goal is banning and banning until there is barely anything left to ban..... and the criminals will still find ways to acquire access to these weapons since they don't care about laws.

Colion Noir, someone who strongly defends the second amendment, make several interesting videos about this.

They're all very short interesting videos, and can be listened to while you're doing things.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Christen
I've heard of him, but i don't believe in the "they are coming after your guns" opinion. They seriously can't at this point. Sure, they can put some bans on AR platforms... but guns that can shot .223 ain't going nowhere. It will just look different and have different options on it... look at California. That's why i think it's dumb. Anything else would go against the 2nd Amen and can't be passed like banning all semi-auto weapons. They just can't do that and even if they try... most progressive won't even go along with that. I don't buy the whole they are coming after your guns fear mongering... i think that is a right talking point so people vote right. 

You should really try to understand human psychology when looking at politics. A lot of it is seriously crap for people that have power to gain more power. Don't be so easily deceived by these talking points. Always go back to logic and looking at bigger pictures. Like this example, who does this fear mongering help? Is it fear mongering? Is it logical that they can erase 300+ Mil guns? That seem impossible so go back to the first point... who does this fear mongering help? You'll find your answers not from watching Youtube videos. It comes from looking at society and human nature. 
Christen
Christen
-->
@Outplayz
They can and most likely will be able to "erase" millions of guns if they acquire enough power and authority to do so.

It's just that criminals will still keep those banned guns instead of turning them over, thus making the gun-violence problem worse as you are now leaving many good people defenseless, like in Chicago which has very strict gun laws and is still violent. Other countries have banned Assault Rifles, then, a few years later, semi-automatics, then a few more years again, handguns, and then they even ban most knifes that are longer than like 2 or 3 inches too. Most of the gun violence in this country is from handguns anyways, not rifles.

They may not be coming after our guns, but they sure are TRYING to, and even if they can't ban guns directly, they will simply try to do other things like restrict the amount of rounds per magazine, restrict people from taking their gun outdoors, raise the legal age to purchase a gun higher and higher, force people to use "smart" guns with fingerprint-detection triggers, restrict people from possessing a gun at specific times, restrict certain kinds of attachments such as the bump stock, make background checks more and more strict and tedious as if they aren't already strict and ridiculous enough, and find other little ways of getting around the second amendment.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Outplayz
California has elected Diane Feinstein for over 20 years.  Why don't you take it from her?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Christen
They can and most likely will be able to "erase" millions of guns if they acquire enough power and authority to do so.
The people will never let that happen. See how both sides are coming together over Epstein. Same thing will happen if the "government" comes after weapons and try to erase guns. It's only a fringe of the left ignorant on guns that want it erased. I just don't think this will happen in regards to erasing "all" guns. It's a fear tactic the right uses. 

It's just that criminals will still keep those banned guns instead of turning them over
I am pro-gun and don't disagree with much of your second paragraph. I think banning "assault rifles" is a dumb and a pander tactic of the left to get votes. I think it would be much worse if a mass shooter had a nice bolt action... shit, even 308, mowing people down from a distance no one see's coming. Or screw guns... look at the middle east... almost all suicide bombers take out 100+ people. We are lucky are problem in regards to mass violence is rifles. 

They may not be coming after our guns, but they sure are TRYING to
I agree in regards to some, but i think there is also some that just want to figure out laws that would stop violence. But only focusing on guns is stupid bc the problem is multi-faceted. With that said, as much as i'm pro-gun... i'm also for reasonable laws keeping guns out of the hands of people that shouldn't have it. And as long as i can own a gun strong enough to cover me in multiple scenarios... handgun/shotgun for close range, rifles for long range... i don't care what they do. I live in Cali and guess what... i can still buy a gun that shots AK/AR rounds... sure, it's stupid what they did and purely for votes... but i don't feel like it infringed on my rights. I'm not over obsessed about certain guns like a lot of people are. As long as i can cover myself, short/long range... i'm good. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Snoopy
California has elected Diane Feinstein for over 20 years.  Why don't you take it from her?
I don't like her.  
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Seriously, why the fuck is all of my old threads coming back

9 days later

Christen
Christen
There is no official definition for an "old thread". Is a thread old once it's a month old? A week old? A year old?