Author: disgusted

Total: 49
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
No, I am very secure.

There is however a proverb that reads...

"Answer not a fool according to his folly,
lest you be like him yourself."

The desperation is certainly in your head.

See, disgusted is not really interested in being educated on these matters. If he  did, he wouldn't categorically dismiss and deny everything. He has no foundation to build on, because his in ntent is not pure.

This is consistent with his nihilism.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mopac

Actually, yes, bishops do trace their ordinations back to ancient times, all the way back to the apostles who were commissioned by Christ.

Great! And you will be showing us  the recorded ancient archaeological evidence of the Christ giving authority that allows the "Orthodox Catholic Church" to interpret these ancient Hebrew scriptures although Jesus was in fact a Jew and by his own admission tells us: - " I was sent solely to the lost sheep of Israel", will you?

I stand by all the rest of my answers.
 - 
You haven't really answered anything yet . But thank you; and I do look forward to your recorded ancient archaeological evidence, that shows the Christ handing down authority to the Orthodox Catholic Church that gives them sole authority to interpret the ancient Hebrew scriptures as they will, although (1)  there was no Orthodox Catholic Church at the time of Christ, (2) Jesus the Christ was a Jew (3) Jesus the Christ was King of the Jews and not king of  Christians (4) Jesus the Jewish anointed was leader of a Jewish sect and not a leader of  a Orthodox Catholic organisation.

I do love biblical archaeology. bfn  

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Do you really want to hear otherwise, or do you have your mind made up?

I'll be honest with you, I don't think that if I was even capable of satisfying your demands for signs that you would come to believe.

So lets save ourselves the trouble. Believe what you want to believe. I myself am just as convinced that I know better as you are convinced that you know better.

Goldtop
Goldtop

I'll be honest with you, I don't think that if I was even capable of satisfying your demands for signs that you would come to believe.

So lets save ourselves the trouble. Believe what you want to believe. I myself am just as convinced that I know better as you are convinced that you know better.

That simply shows that when pressed for answers and explanations, your argument is so ridiculous and weak that even you know it won't convince anyone. Therefore, you have conceded and we all know who exactly has their mind made up but clearly does not know any better.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac

Yes and no. I am always willing to change my original beliefs and understandings if the evidence for me to do so is forthcoming, reliable, undisputable, and verifiable. That's not too much to ask is it.

So you are not capable then of  showing  me the recorded biblical archaeological evidence that god handed down the authority to interpret these ancient  biblical scriptures to the Orthodox Catholic Church, even after you were adamant that you could.

So lets save ourselves the trouble. 

Why don't you just cut to the chase and offer up the biblical archaeological evidence that you say you have. This would shut a few sceptical mouths , including my own.  You see ancient peoples recorded everything when it came to Kingship and religion and whether one chooses to believe these ancient records is entirely a choice. I happen to believe the Sumerian accounts of  these ancient peoples and those they refer to as lords, and  I do so for many reasons and far too many to explain here.

So you have wasted my time and your own and have done your god and your religion no favours. On the contrary, you have let it down miserably, and done both a terrible disservice. (1) by lying, (2) by not producing the evidence you once said that you possessed.

This is the 21st century and making extraordinary claims is one thing but making claims without the extraordinary evidence to support the extraordinary claim is something entirely different, it is downright ignorant and an insult to the intelligence of those listening to your extraordinary claims.

I would accept your right to make these claims as long as you offered up the fact that everything you claim is entirely faith based. But you cannot even bring yourself to accept that fact or admit it openly.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
I don't know what you mean by biblical archaeological evidence.

I do know that church history has been documented very thoroughly. Ours is the church that has an unbroken chain of ordinations back to the apostles.

This in itself does not make The Church, but it is one of many identifying marks of The Church.

To this day, the new testament that is used universally was determined from a list of books by Saint Athanasius, who was an Orthodox Catholic bishop of Alexandria.

We have a continuity of history going back to the beginning. Even protestant churches acknowledge the ecumenical councils, which were done by The Orthodox Catholic Church.

And the scriptures belong to us.

I am being very pokite, and I would appreciate it if you engaged me with respect. Just as God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud, so will I frustrate the impatient and rude.

Goldtop
Goldtop
I would appreciate it if you engaged me with respect
You're a troll, you deserve no respect whatsoever because you offer none.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac

I asked you at post #28

"Do you have an authentic archaeological record of the handing down of authority personally by The Christ, like the Sumerians kept a full and complete list of who and when authority of Kingship was handed down by the Lords of the day pre OT times?"

You confidently responded:
Post # 30

Actually, yes, bishops do trace their ordinations back to ancient times, all the way back to the apostles who were commissioned by Christ.
And only now when your back is against the wall and I have  asked you to produce this evidence, you plead ignorance and not understanding what it is I have asked you. by telling me:

I don't know what you mean by biblical archaeological evidence.
I have exposed you to be a liar and a fake. You should be downright ashamed of yourself.

I do know that church history has been documented very thoroughly.
 Yes, you have said so simply let us see the biblical archaeological record.

And I wasn't asking for a list of ordinations handed down to men by other men. 

We have continuity that goes back to the beginning.

No you don't,  stop telling lies. Or simply let us see it for ourselves, where can we find it?
And the scriptures belong to us

Such arrogance and pompicity. NO! the scriptures do not "belong to you". You keep forgetting the The Chrsit was a fkn Jew. The word Christian only appears  3 times in the WHOLE OF THE BIBLE!!! and long after The Christs death, you fool. 

I am m being very polite, and I would appreciate it if you engaged me with respect

I suggest you do the same and stop insulting my intelligence. You have lied and backtracked, You have stuttered and stubbled in desperation to claim the moral high ground. A person has no morals when he has to  stoop  to fakery and downright lies.  You do not understand your own scriptures.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
As long as you are insulting me, I am not to resppect your inquiries.

Grow up.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Stephen says... "I suggest you do the same and stop insulting my intelligence. You have lied and backtracked, You have stuttered and stubbled in desperation to claim the moral high ground. A person has no morals when he has to  stoop  to fakery and downright lies.  You do not understand your own scriptures."
I couldn't agree more with Stephen on this, you are the one insulting us, lying and you don't understand scriptures.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You have no idea what your god said, if he said anything. Your book lies about what your fictional god has said and you can't refute that.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
If The Truth is disgusting to you, that is because you have no love for it. 

I am not offended that you revile me. I know it is because before you hated me, you hated The Truth.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The Truth is that you are a troll.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Yes, you are still trolling.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Yes, I sure am.

But we are both trolling with different intentions. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
I am not offended that you revile me. I know it is because before you hated me, you hated The Truth.

Ah I see the truth now. That's what all this is about isn't it? You being the victim and wanting to be reviled and be the persecuted " for his name sake" to guarantee your reward.

Matthew 5:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

I see now why you encourage ridicule, and mockery and beg to be reviled at every chance you get. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Quite the contrary, I would be much more delighted to see you enlightened.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Now that we agree that every word that the Yahweh god is claimed to have said is in fact just what some ignorant savage concocted out of his own imagination and is therefore a lie. What purpose do those lies have? Why would any intelligent person believe those lies?