Does Life Kill?

Author: Club

Total: 52
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Outplayz
I'm saying life doesn't indefinitely kill, but you make sense too.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@WaterPhoenix
indefinitely kill
I don't get what you mean here... can you explain? 
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Outplayz
I mean what Club has said int he initial statement of life kills, meaning that life will kill no matter what. Your saying that based on the definition of life, that life can which is different from the statement that "life kills" implying that life will kill.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@WaterPhoenix
life will kill no matter what.
Oh, okay. I see the distinction you're making. That's a tricky one though philosophically. Isn't it only humans that can choose not to kill? Other species will kill no matter what for survival. In case of humans, i agree with you... but with others i feel like that is kinda accurate.

Also, if i bring my metaphysical beliefs into this conversation... i believe 'overall' life will always kill. Even if we get to the point where we fully integrate with machine... this universe is hostile and can still kill. But this is where it gets tricky. If we fully integrate with machines that would mean we can download into simulations. Now, lets say at that point we also figure out how to survive the universe... basically becoming immortal. I think at that point, if the universe can't kill us, then... within the simulations we will create death. 

I don't think there is any escaping death. The way i look at death metaphysically is a restart. If you are playing a video game you will eventually finish it and play a new game... that is how i look at death. A restart to a new experience. So, even if we become immortal within simulations... death will always be a part of our experiences. I do not believe our type of consciousness can remain immortal without death... i liken that reality to hell. 
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Outplayz
Ok, I think I finally get what you are saying. You're saying that because life will choose to follow into death then it's killing itself.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@WaterPhoenix
You're saying that because life will choose to follow into death then it's killing itself.
That's a concise way of putting it... i'd say something like that. Here is an analogy i use to illustrate what i mean. Imagine you can download yourself into a zombie game. If you knew you couldn't die in the game, if you knew you downloaded into that game... what kind of experience would that be? It'd be something like a mindless shooter right? You'd likely get bored real fast too. So, what is the only way you can truly have the experience? Not knowing you downloaded into that game... fearing death. Then, the experience becomes a true zombie reality. With death being the reset. If we are immortal / infinite in any sense of the words... i think a logical conclusion / creation of such a consciousness would be death. Bc only with death can you have true experiences where all the emotions, etc. are at their peak.   

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Outplayz
Okay, that makes a lotta sense gg m8 pretty deep.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Okay, that makes a lotta sense gg m8 pretty deep.
Cool man. It was good talking to you... keep up posting on this site.  

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Outplayz
Thanks, it was nice talking to you too!
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Rubbish. Describe what your conscious soul experienced before you were born, with evidence.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Conception is the only cause of death.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
As soon as you're born you start dyin', so you might as well have a good time.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
For the present state to exist, the previous state must die. For the future state to exist, the present state must die.

The Truth, The Word of God, Christ is the persistent reality that ties the past to the present and the future. As Christ's incarnation united all of creation to His flesh, all of creation is as the flesh of Christ.

Thus Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and apon those in the tombs, bestowing life.

For

"For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you."

That is why, to know The One True God and The One sent Jesus Christ is to know eternal life, for faith in the flesh is faith is the embrace death. The flesh cannot save itself. The flesh can not even exist by itself. It is only God that saves.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Why did the Jesus god need to save you from the Yahweh god?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
And life ceaseth and as life ceaseth so does God ceaseth also.

For God is but a life's illusion.

A life's temporary delusion.

And the spark of the grass and of the flower and of Mopac and of all Texan gunslingers, will be frittered away and quickly forgotten.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
The Ultimate Reality has neither beginning or end, so you are mistaken. 

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Club
I had a thought, that life actually kills. Weird, right?
Not weird to most people. Why it is weird to you is the real question?  Apparrently you dont Nature program on PBS.

Or History channel, or discovery channel and many other channels showing biologics/souls killing other biologics/souls.

What appears weird is that biological/soul life appears at all when so much around us does not appear to contain biologic/soul life.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
That's impossible knowledge so therefore an assumption based on acquired data that may or may not be relative to anything real.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
It is not impossible knowledge. It can even be reasonably ascertained.

The Ultimate Reality is by definition the greatest, highest, and all inclusive reality. It accounts for everything that exists.

If The Ultimate Reality had a beginning or end, that would make it a temporal entity, that is, a time bound entity. This is nonsensical, because the  existence of Ultimate Reality cannot be contingent on time, time must be contingent on The Ultimate Reality.

Therefore we know that God is pre-eternal.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Life does kill..100%

635 days later

Crocodile
Crocodile
does life kill
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman