The Moses Story is a Puzzling Affair From Start to Finnish.

Author: Stephen

Total: 78
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It is to do with my questions that have gone unanswered.
I answered your questions in posts 6 and 18, please read and far more importantly understand what I've posted.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@keithprosser
Sodom and Gomorrah as well as the 5 cities located there is a fact that was proven by geologists.
disgusted
disgusted
Hey quack do you not understand what geologists study? Never mind I'd hate for that tiny brain to explode.
S&G are still mythical towns with no archaeological evidence of their existence.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
 I don't lower myself to asking those of the faith questions all 5 & 6 year olds ask about "god". 
You abuse me for asking godists questions I know they can't answer and then accuse me of asking godists what 5&6 yr olds ask of godists, continuity is not something that has ever entered your consciousness, is it?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
Or you going to rebuttal anything, asshole.Or just spam like a fucktrad
disgusted
disgusted
geologists bahahahahahaha.it's rebut.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
babashhbashbabhsbhasbhahbhababh look guys im a fucktard
disgusted
disgusted
Hey quack
When I completely eviscerate your ignorantly asinine post, that is a rebuttal. See post #33.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
ahhhhh,loserino doesn't get it,does it. 

disgusted
disgusted
Religious apologetics sites are as useless as you, get some archaeology support, you won't because there isn't any.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
where you thought I was prosser, 

Wrong again.  I have never thought you were keith prosser. He is far, far more clever and far far more intelligent  than you for anyone to mistake him for a sea sponge. No. I meant I wouldn't desert my posts like prosser has a habit of doing after you accused me of "forgetting" one of my own threads.

And you haven't answered the question and I don't expect you to. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You called me prosser and I didn't accuse you of forgetting your thread I informed you that you ran away from my post. What grade did you say you were in?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Or you going to rebuttal anything, asshole.Or just spam like a fucktrad

10/10.  Nice to notice that someone else sees this repugnant vile bigot for what he is. It a crying shame the mods here don't. 

There is not a single thread he doesn't disrupt simply for the sake of it. It was nice to see keith prossers thread flow while he was banned only for him to be allowed to return and instantly disrupt and derail it. He has not a single ounce of respect for other members.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Your pet numpty was not only rebutted but his pathetic statement was completely eviscerated like all of yours have been. Angry little men have nothing but lies because they are generally angry because their ignorance is exposed by the intelligent people like me.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

I didn't accuse you of forgetting your thread I informed you that you ran away from my post

I stand corrected.
this is what you actually wrote.

post 105  I hopeyour not running away from this one

If you didn't understand what I wrote in reply to that nonsense  then I shouldn't' be surprised. But  no. I could never mistake a complete and utter buffoon such as yourself for a very intelligent person such as  keith prosser. and I didn't run away and I didn't call you prosser.

READ .... IT .... SLOWLEY

"I said I am not your best new and only friend, prosser". i.e. prosser may be you new and only friend but I am not like him who would "run away" and abandon one of my own thread as he has done a few times now. You keep banging your head sunshine, I love watching you do it.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
Exactly, he thinks he's tough shit but no one likes him.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
Atleast BrotherDThomas isn't here yet
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
@Dr.Franklin
It appears that 'Associates for Biblical Research' is a one-man band - essentially it's a blog belonging to this guy:
It's possible he is right and mainstream scholars are wrong, but BGW's opinions cannot be said to be definitive! 

I think that the Hebrew knew of ruined and abandoned cities dotted across the region and made up stories to account for them.  for example,

In 1930–36, John Garstang conducted excavations there and discovered the remains of a network of collapsed walls which he dated to about 1400 BCE. Kathleen Kenyon re-excavated the site over 1952–1958 and demonstrated that the destruction occurred c.1500 BCE during a well-attested Egyptian
campaign of that period, and that Jericho had been deserted throughout the mid-late 13th century BCE, the supposed time of Joshua's battle.[

I think it very likely Sodom and Gomorrah were ancient abandoned sites that the Hebrew rationalised as being destroyed by an act of their god, and that legend was incorporated into the pentateuch saga. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@keithprosser
coo,I think it was destroyed by God
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Dr.Franklin
coo,I think it was destroyed by God
I don't doubt you do.  

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@keithprosser
ok 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
keith says: Moses isn't real but Jesus is. Evidence? The Good Book. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
They are a lot more records to suggest Jesus lived
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No there are not. Jesus did not live on Earth. There is not evidence he lived on Earth. Just like every other god. Needing proof is not faith or accurate. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Shourd and other artifacts: BS and everyone knows it. That is why testing is banned on those items. LOL Really, the Shroud. 
No one doubts Roman's crucified people. Funny they kept records but not of Jesus. LOL
Mythology exist for every god. Thor walked the Earth so therefore he's real. LOL Fuck this is stupid. 
Those authors never saw Christ they saw Christians. Again Kali is real cause Hindus. LOL
Tacitus observed worshipers of Nerthus, a goddess he didn't have any bias of. Therefore she is real. LOL. 
Worshippers do not constitute evidence for any gods. If so all the gods are real. Any Christian spouting evidence is a half asses Christian with not faith. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Nice post
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
@disgusted
@Dr.Franklin
This was meant to be a response to PW, who has unaccountably 'blocked' me hence I have @'ed you lot instead.

The reason I think that Jesus was a real person is that I think it is slightly more likely that a legend would develop around a nugget of truth than to be made up from nothing at all.  The Jesus I think [probably] existed was as human as you or I, but unlike you or I he became the focus of a religious cult.  

If by 'Jesus' is meant the actual son of god who could perform miracles and returned from the dead then I'd say that jesus never existed.  But I think the chances are quite good that a man named Jesus was a prominent preacher and he originated at least some of the sayings ascribed to him.   It's more than possible he was executed and was deified by his followers subsequently.

I certainly don't claim to know it was so - but on balance I'd bet on that rather than jesus being no more than a fictional character invented out of thin air by the gospel writers, although that is just about possible.  I doubt we wil ever know for sure.

Re Moses, he was supposed to have lived long before the OT was put together.   The early books of the bible show clear signs of being pure myth and legend with no basis in real history.  I doubt there was ever a real person whose biography would qualify him to be 'the real Moses'.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
So keith believes Hercules is real too? LOL
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
--> @Stephen, @disgusted, @Dr.Franklin
This was meant to be a response to PW, who has unaccountably 'blocked' me hence I have @'ed you lot instead........ etc etc etc

All very interesting keith but unfortunately those questions posed in the OP still stand whether you choose not to believe the first six books or not. 
Not believing in THE exodus does not out rule the existence of characters , places and events in THE BOOK of Exodus  You see those six books are there, in the Old Testament;  someone wrote them, and  I am baffled as to why you seem to be failing to understand that the bible actually exists, so needs explaining.

When one makes a statement to a solicitor or barrister or the police, it is scrutinised of its content for its validity and witnesses are interviewed. It is then either accepted or dismissed. And sometimes years after the event in cold cases. 

When one doesn't believe in something one usually has a good reason and support behind that reasoning. If one chooses - as you and the resident amoeba have done - simply to dismiss it all - which you are entitled to do, then you simply, with a wave of the hand, have disqualified yourself from commenting on the matter as your initial and first response is one of TOTAL dismissal.  You will be saying next that I should not be questioning something because YOU don't believe it.

Those verses that I have questioned are in the Old Testament scripture, they exist and  they are statements written by someone albeit thousands of years ago,. They are statements that are believed by MILLIONS of people and at least ONE of those millions should be able to adress my questions.  They can be questioned and they should be questioned BEFORE being dismissed.

So you see, I don't care if you don't believe in the first six books, it is totally irrelevant to this thread.   

I can understand that anyone with the brain of a sea sponge or an amoeba not getting the points I have made above, but I feel somewhat let down by someone who talks and comes across as half intelligent such as yourself. It is quite absurd realy.