God is good is an assumption

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 210
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@keithprosser
Most Christians don't like their assumptions challenged.
True. That is the problem I have. I would like them to provide evidence for their assumption not give me what Mopac is doing which is circular logic. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Calling someone a bigot,because they are an atheists is stupid
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Whatever douche bag. Until they show they aren't bigoted pigs I will stand by my words. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
That's pretty retarded
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
@Deb-8-a-bull
@TheRealNihilist
@poly... she's 'blocked me', but all she's blocked is being informed when I post a reply!

Hey stupid fucking atheists. Proof is not required to have a right to faith. Get a clue bigots. 
But theists keep on presenting stuff they say is proof!  It's like if the word 'jesus' appears in a document from 200 years after he supposedly died the whole of the bible must be true! 

Admitedly, that is an exaggeration but not by much!  

And the stuff some of them write about evolution...  if they were honest and said they DON'T believe in evolution because they DO believe in God that would be ok (ie more or less ok with me,any way) but they don't.   By accident or design they often misrpresent the science and facts.   Such stuff might be good enough to keep wavering believers on track, but it won't sway anyone with the most basic grasp of the actual science.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@keithprosser
It's like if the word 'jesus' appears in a document from 200 years after he supposedly died the whole of the bible must be true!  

there are also a number of ancient hostile Jewish sources describing Jesus. These are written by Jewish theologians, historians and leaders who were definitely not sympathetic to the Christian cause. Their writings are often very harsh, critical and even demeaning to Jesus. But there is still much these writings confirm:

disgusted
disgusted
quack the coward
There is no conclusive ex biblical evidence that the bible Jesus ever existed. If you claim there is then produce that ex biblical evidence of the miracle working character claimed in the bible.l
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
So your not going to respond to my post but quack like the retard you are!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
I've decided to unblock me so I know hen you respond with your idiotic temper tantrums
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@keithprosser
But theists keep on presenting stuff they say is proof!  It's like if the word 'jesus' appears in a document from 200 years after he supposedly died the whole of the bible must be true!  
Followed up by:
but it won't sway anyone with the most basic grasp of the actual science.
True.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Hey moron. Jesus must be a real guy cause the Bible. You are no better than a creationist. Fucking bigot. 
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Do you consider love to be good?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RoderickSpode
Do you consider love to be good?
Yes.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The Ultimste Reality surely exists.

If you deny this, you don't know what it means, so it is a comprehension issue.

The Ultimate Reality is what the word God means.

That is why it is not written in vain,

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@TheRealNihilist
That's what the God of the Bible is noted to be. If God is love, then God would have to be good, right?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RoderickSpode
That's what the God of the Bible is noted to be. If God is love, then God would have to be good, right?
I don't care about the Bible which has yet to give evidence to prove its validity. Come back to me with evidence. God is not love or good because he doesn't exist.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
What is with the fucking name calling of people you disagree with
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't care about the Bible which has yet to give evidence to prove its validity. Come back to me with evidence. God is not love or good because he doesn't exist.
I'm sorry, but you'll have to prove that God doesn't exist. If God definitely doesn't exist, then it's a non-issue. The real issue in terms of your stance would be more along the lines of just God existing being an assumption.

If you're open to the possibility of God existing, then that's a different story.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RoderickSpode
I'm sorry, but you'll have to prove that God doesn't exist. If God definitely doesn't exist, then it's a non-issue. The real issue in terms of your stance would be more along the lines of just God existing being an assumption.
The burden of proof is on the person making the positive claim.
If I said unicorns do not exist. Do I have to prove it? No so take the burden of the positive claim.
If you're open to the possibility of God existing, then that's a different story.
Evidence is what I care about not being so open minded that I don't care about evidence. 
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm sorry, but you'll have to prove that God doesn't exist. If God definitely doesn't exist, then it's a non-issue. The real issue in terms of your stance would be more along the lines of just God existing being an assumption.
The burden of proof is on the person making the positive claim.
If I said unicorns do not exist. Do I have to prove it? No so take the burden of the positive claim.
That would be true if I was claiming to you that God exists. You've moved beyond that into whether or not God is good (God being good being an assumption). We have to at least consider the possibility of God's existence before determining whether or not God is good (or assuming that).

Evidence is what I care about not being so open minded that I don't care about evidence. 
What would do you think would qualify as evidence?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RoderickSpode
You've moved beyond that into whether or not God is good (God being good being an assumption). 
You very first comment was not about the topic at hand. Stop lying about who was at fault about the derail.
What would do you think would qualify as evidence?
Something with science. I'll keep it that open in hopes you can find something. Something with science relates to a credible scientist of present year who has evidence of God's existence or what you can imply God existing with. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If you refuse to accept what is meant by God, you are setting it up so that nothimg can be proven to you.

You aren't really willing to sccept being wrong.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
God is Great!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
God is Great!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
God is Great!