Mopac
What is negativity?
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Gatorade
Negativity is Realism
Interesting perspective, Gatorade. I agree depending on definitions of course. But, if you can't accept negativity exists, that people you don't agree with exist, that you can't beat this within yourself... you aren't whole or living. You are confident in who you are when you accept who you are... which means understanding what you don't like... about the world and yourself. You cannot escape it... all you can do is fight it and beat it. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Outplayz
It's realistic to be negative sometimes.

Negativity is Realism is a naive attempt at a philosophical maxim.
Gatorade
Debates: 12
Gatorade
If you add enough black to white, will it become black?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@zedvictor4
Negativity is Realism is a naive attempt at a philosophical maxim.
Well, it is something people never think about. People try to escape it, people try to bury it. So, the realism part rings true as in for people to accept it's there and not hide from it. But yeah, it's an obvious truth... but many people aren't realistic about negativity. 

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Gatorade
If you add enough black to white, will it become black?
If you add enough black beads to a barrel, will it turn the one white bead black?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@3RU7AL
If you add enough black beads to a barrel, will it turn the one white bead black?
No.

Two negative numbers added together equal a positive number.

Negative reality, whatever that is, is the diametric opposite of positive reality. Ex convex -> ( <- concave eternally complement each other as eternally existent truth i.e.cant have one without the other.

There exist a minimal set of four kinds of spatial duality { twoness } LINK

..."Cosmic Inherency: Four Kinds of Twoness:Spin twoness is additive. Duality twoness(concave-convex) is multiplicative. The spin twonessand duality twoness together comprise a thirdrelationship twoness. The fourth twoness is comprisedof the macro-micro (insideness and outsideness)twoness."....

All of reality is transformable within a finite set of limits { cosmic laws/principles/parameters }

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Nothing is negative,nothing is positive. 

You can't measure what is bad or what is good, it could be bad to one or good to another
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Nothing is negative,nothing is positive. 

You can't measure what is bad or what is good, it could be bad to one or good to another
I never would have guessed you were such a nihilist.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL

One day in late summer, an old farmer was working in his field with his old sick horse. The farmer felt compassion for the horse and desired to lift its burden. So he left his horse loose to go the mountains and live out the rest of its life.
Soon after, neighbors from the nearby village visited, offering their condolences and said, "What a shame.  Now your only horse is gone.  How unfortunate you are!. You must be very sad. How will you live, work the land, and prosper?" The farmer replied: "Who knows? We shall see".
Two days later the old horse came back now rejuvenated after meandering in the mountainsides while eating the wild grasses. He came back with twelve new younger and healthy horses which followed the old horse into the corral. 
Word got out in the village of the old farmer's good fortune and it wasn't long before people stopped by to congratulate the farmer on his good luck.  "How fortunate you are!" they exclaimed. You must be very happy!"  Again, the farmer softly said, "Who knows? We shall see."
At daybreak on the next morning, the farmer's only son set off to attempt to train the new wild horses, but the farmer's son was thrown to the ground and broke his leg.  One by one villagers arrived during the day to bemoan the farmer's latest misfortune.  "Oh, what a tragedy!  Your son won't be able to help you farm with a broken leg. You'll have to do all the work yourself, How will you survive? You must be very sad".  they said.  Calmly going about his usual business the farmer answered, "Who knows? We shall see"
Several days later a war broke out. The Emperor's men arrived in the village demanding that young men come with them to be conscripted into the Emperor's army.  As it happened the farmer's son was deemed unfit because of his broken leg.  "What very good fortune you have!!" the villagers exclaimed as their own young sons were marched away. "You must be very happy." "Who knows? We shall see!", replied the old farmer as he headed off to work his field alone.
As time went on the broken leg healed but the son was left with a slight limp. Again the neighbors came to pay their condolences. "Oh what bad luck. Too bad for you"!  But the old farmer simply replied; "Who knows? We shall see."
As it turned out the other young village boys had died in the war and the old farmer and his son were the only able bodied men capable of working the village lands. The old farmer became wealthy and was very generous to the villagers. They said: "Oh how fortunate we are, you must be very happy", to which the old farmer replied, "Who knows? We shall see!" 
SEEEEEEEEEE, something can be negative or positive,it's neither
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That's amazing.

But I'm pretty sure the point of that story is that you CAN measure "good" and "bad" but that it isn't PERMANENTLY ONE THING OR THE OTHER.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
True, but that was a side point of mine that I came up with

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
What is negativity?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Mopac
We heard you the first time
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Never got a response.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Mopac
So stop spamming so you can stay #1 on the forums
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Dr.Franklin
If you want it that bad, I can take a week off.
I don't care about being "number 1 on the forums"

Club
Debates: 26
Club
Negativity is in fact realism, 

The real world,
Where America is nolonger beautiful,
Where kindness is nolonger pearled,
Every truth isswirled,
This world isunsuitable,

Greed empowers all,
Being homeless isunendurable,
It’s basically a free-for-all,
It’s a horrible typeof brawl,
This world isterrible.

Money is worth toomuch
Allowance is themoney’s surrealism,
Greed has humans in aclutch
It has anyone withthe common touch,
Negativity isrealism.
I wrote this a few years back
Negativity is Realism

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Club
Ragged old flag
-Johnny Cash

Actually, America is a profoundly charitable nation over all.  

In my experience, people are kind and sociable where I come from, with a genuine sense of community.  Culture varies in the land of the free.

Being realistic, if homelessness was really unendurable, we wouldn't have homeless people.