Are Catholics Christian?

Author: vagabond

Total: 35
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Castin
But Father Fuckface clutches it tighter like "no me nice bear" in the creepiest way, until the baby has to be physically pried from him.

Yeah, and no one can see from the angle the pressure he's using, squeezing the babies face, probably putting more pressure on the part of the baby we can't see in the footage while he's forcing the baby to his face, notice you can't see the Priests right hand when the baby is flailing about in pain. I think that's why he was holding on because he was trying to harm the baby as long as he could, this guy is seriously sick, needs to be dragged out of that church pronto. 

but there's weirdly no reaction on anyone's face,

Actually if you watch it again, the father can't see what's going on but when he hears the slap look at the fathers reaction. I just don't think he knew what was happening before the slap.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I suspect it has a lot to do with the adoption of Christianity as the official religion of Imperial Rome finalised by Theodosius in the 4th century.  That was implemented almost cosmetically, leaving all the panoply and grandeur of a religion suited to a great empire in place - just the names of the objects of worship were changed.  

Anyone who watches the grand ceremony of an installation of a new pope will bestruck how it resembles the enthronement of an emperor.

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@triangle.128k
I mentioned the fact that the Catholic church considers Mary to be co-redeemer with Christ, also priests are referred to as father which the Bible says is only meant for God or ones biological father. Catholic Bishops also carry the cross on a long pole, which is a druid thing and communion is considered to be the actual blood and flesh of Christ whereas scripture proclaims it to be a symbol of the blood and flesh, and there are others as well, but that, of course, doesn't mean that individuals, including Catholics, can't be Christian if they reject these false teachings.
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@ronjs
These are things that have been brought up and disproven over and over again. It seems to me as if Protestants lack basic understanding of Catholic theology. Though I'm not surprised given how decentralized the religion is...

1. Mary is not equal to Christ. In Catholicism, vemeration/respect is organized into dulia, hyperdulia, and latria. Latria is afforded to the lord, while hyperdulia is for Mary.

2. Misinterpretation. This has been debunked various times; I suggest reading this: https://www.catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father

3. What difference does carring it on a long pole make?

4. No Catholic literally sees bread and wine as Jesus's literal blood and flesh??? We damn well know that it's symbolic. 

Those "others" are classic misinterpretations and misunderstandings of Catholic theology. It's what you get when you base a religion off of reading a book and drawing your own conclusions, rather than looking to centuries of old wisdom, tradition, and knowledge regarding the faith - organized under a hierarchy that preserves it. 

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@triangle.128k
So where in scripture are we told to venerate anyone other then God.
And as I said, calling ones biological father, father, is acceptable.
The Druids were pagan, so why would any Church emulate anything they do.
A Catholic priest I have known is my source of information regarding communion and other practises of the Catholic Church.
I haven't detailed any of the "others", so how do know what they are, let alone dismiss them as misinterpretations.