Author: keithprosser

Total: 96
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Athias
Mopac says :

The Supreme and Ultimate Reality is God. 

It is all downhill from there  on as far a Mopac's contribution to this thread is concerned. Don't say you didn't ask for it !
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Even very primitive humans invented gods, 

And do you have any examples of "primitives" - that would be man in his very early stages -  inventing gods?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Cave paintings, ritual burial, read some books you'll be amazed how much information is available.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Athias
Would my name then be a necessary reference to my attributes?
Names denote objects and are a human invention.  Names are convenient and useful but not perfect - as you point out they are sometimes ambiguous.

As I am not sure what is in dispute I don't know what to say!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Even very primitive humans invented gods, 

And do you have any examples of "primitives" - that would be man in his very early stages -  inventing gods?

Cave paintings, ritual burial, read some books you'll be amazed how much information is available.
Cave painting  and "ritual" burials are not examples of man - " VERY primitive man" inventing god. No these are just paintings of everyday things the primitives seen around them and are no indication at all that these were signs of " VERY primitives" inventing god.

As for your offering of "ritual burial" (1) it,  doesn't prove anything other than someone died and was buried (2) does not offer a single piece of evidence that proves " VERY primitive men" are inventing god. No, this is proof that these are just a holes in the ground where the - usually -  dead are placed and covered over. and "read some books" doesn't offer anything that supports you ridiculous claim, either. 

Would you like another try, sea slug? 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You are absolutely determined not to get an education, aren't you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
So that is a yet another of your stupid claims gone unqualified and unproven.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
@disgusted
AFAik,  anthropologists have discovered tribes that had extremely primitive lifestyles that may resemble that of our ancient anestors, snd no tribe seems to be without some 'supernatural' beliefs.

There are right now some threads on DA about what exactly a 'god' is, so it's not a clear-cut matter at all.   I think it's pretty safe to assume that humans have believed in gods (of some sort) for a very long time - maybe since we came down from the trees.   But I don't think it's possile to know for sure what people believed before writing was invented and we have some text to study.

I'd bet the farm we believed in gods 10,000 years ago and a large field on 50,000.  100,000?  May be, 1 million? May be not.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
Poor little Stevie wants so much to convince himself that he's smart even though he has never learned anything.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
Sometimes I think he doesn't like you or me very much.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
 I think it's pretty safe to assume that humans have believed in gods (of some sort) for a very long time -

Yes, something that even  sea sponges understand. 

maybe since we came down from the trees.

Stop being silly FFS. Are you trying to tell me that chimpanzees believed in or invented god. These apes that share 96 percent of our DNA spend a considerable amount of  their time on the ground. They have managed to use crude tools. There is no evidence that the Neanderthals invented god either or the first homosapien, i.e. "VERY primitive humans" and  Homo erectus,that had climbed down, first appeared at around 1.9 million years ago. Did he invent god?

But I don't think it's possible to know for sure what people believed before writing was invented and we have some text to study.
Are you being contrary and disingenuous simply for the sake of it. I have asked the amoeba to support his silly claim and he has failed to do so. You have failed to support his claim too. Guessing and betting the farm account for nothing as evidence. Let the amoeba prove his claim or simply retract it
because as you say it is impossible to know and what you imagine and guess mean nothing and fail to support his claim.

I'd bet the farm we believed in gods 10,000 years ago

More than likely, but 10,000 years ago is not " VERY primitive man " by any standards, is it . It isn't 1.9 million years ago either is it.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Poor little Stevie wants so much to convince himself that he's smart even though he has never learned anything.

That doesn't prove your claim either , you vile sea slug. And you will never live long enough to  even become a dunce never mind "smart".

At least prosser does actually possess intelligence. Now , where is your evidence that proves " VERY primitive humans  invented god"? 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
Can we agree a definition of 'very primitive man'?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
More than likely, but 10,000 years ago is not " VERY primitive man "
You don't get to use yourself as standard on which to compare, after all compared to you they are very advanced.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Primitive man engaged in animism. But I wouldn't expect bigots to understand what that is or what it means. Just because you draw something doesn't mean you worshipped it. 
disgusted
disgusted
witchypoo
All of your gods are the invention of men.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
You don't get to use yourself as standard 

that is you who is doing that but you cannot see it. I wouldn't expect anything else from you though. I can tell by prossers reponses, questions  and indeed some of his more intelligent threads that you could never live long enough to be of equal intelligence to prosser.

As far as I am concerned, you don't have the intelligence of a embryonic sea worm and you never will have.

You have absolutely no interest in addressing prossers op have you, It that because it is far too much of an intelligent subject for you to take part, sea slug.

Now, where is your evidence that "VERY primitive humans invented god"

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Disgusted is a very primitive human, he's trying to claim credit for his peeps.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen

Where did you dream that up?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Says the poor thing that believes in fairy tales.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
Can we agree a definition of 'very primitive man'?

Well haven't you already defined that when you said:

I think it's pretty safe to assume that humans have believed in gods (of some sort) for a very long time - maybe since we came down from the trees

And he says "invented god,  " not just believed.

I have said : Homo erectus,that had "came down", first appeared at around 1.9 million years ago. Did he invent god?

Sometimes I think he doesn't like you or me very much.

Wrong again prosser. I don't mind you or your buffoonery..... most of the time. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
that is you who is doing that but you cannot see it.
13th in a two horse race again. it's sad that you failed your IQ test.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
And he says "invented god,  " not just believed.
If they hadn't invented them they would've had nothing to believe in.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

Where did you dream that up?

I didn't dream it up. . You are obviously extremely embarrassed by what you have claimed and been called out on.  when it is there clear as day for all to see. But we are used to you denying to have said something. 

post 17.

Now, where is your evidence that "VERY primitive humans invented god"? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
If they hadn't invented them they would've had nothing to believe in.

But you haven't proven that they "invented them"  have you? let alone believed in them. 
Where is your fkn evidence?
And I didn't bring belief or believes or believe into the thread, that was prosser.

But you have absolutely no intention of addressing his op have you. Again you are using someone else's thread to try to intimidate and attack me,  please knock yourself out. It bothers me not one iota, sea slug.  Why cannot these mods see you for the absolute vile bastard that you are.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Can you now defend this lie?

You have absolutely no interest in addressing prossers op have you,
You're not the sharpest donut in the box. Run away like you always do.

Stephen
Stephen
You don't get to use yourself as standard 

that is you who is doing that but you cannot see it. I wouldn't expect anything else from you though. I can tell by prossers reponses, questions  and indeed some of his more intelligent threads that you could never live long enough to be of equal intelligence to prosser.

As far as I am concerned, you don't have the intelligence of a embryonic sea worm and you never will have.

You have absolutely no interest in addressing prossers op have you, is that because it is far too much of an intelligent subject for you to take part, sea slug.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Stevie Wonder, do humans invent gods?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

Stevie Wonder, do humans invent gods?

Nope.  That doesn't prove your claim that "VERY primitive humans invented god"

You have absolutely no interest in addressing prossers op have you, is that because it is far too much of an intelligent subject for you to take part in , sea slug.

Now, where is your evidence that "VERY primitive humans invented god".  

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
I see you are prepared to tell absolute lies. The millions of gods claimed to exist are true, you poor thing. You're finished, run away little girl.