Advice

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 43
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
@PolytheistWitch
Good luck . 
Thanks. Good luck on whatever you are going through as well. 
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Any tips?
1} some years ago, I read the best thing for going to sleep is the proper music at proper volume level,

2} read of new thing some asian technique based on blue light item,

3} I have cheapo white nose machine I  use every night for many years now,

4} melatonin is popular hormone --produced in trillionsth of mg in pineal gladn and in eyes and in stomach---  and I read first book by researcher who studied in  detail in late 80's early 90's { Reuther ? }.  I find the strawbery Natrol brand actually has and effect over others Ive tried,  but 1.5 mg I usually take does not seem to put me to sleep and agin although its toxicity level is ultra-low, it is still a hormone and hormones can be powerful at whatever it is that the do,

4} the only substance that I use generica Unisom{ dcoyline succinate nervous depressant } ---and unlike dramamine { Benadryl }--- you cannot build a tolerance to its effects, that ALWAYs! works for me.  I only use a 1/4 of a tab,

5} sometimes I will do have a dramine{ mild nervous system depressant } along with 1/4 of tab of doscyline succinate,

6} valerian root works but not as effective as the latter two above,

7} Lorazipam { weakest anti-anxiety } and hyrcodone { pain } is another prescribtion set that work, tho they cannot be part of any regular patttern because of addition concerns,

8} chamomile tea, and 5TTP { precursor } to serotonin ergo similar to cows milk in that respect,

9} Tramadol is alternative to hydrcodone for pain, and helps me to feel good, but less of groggy effects.

With my siatica bothering me regularly last 4 months Ive had to use various combinations of these. Natural sleep is of course best, and when I can be sure I'm tired enough I do my best to get as many nights of those as possible and break any pill cycle.

I usally do Mikes hard lemonade or other wine cooler, but not sure if that helps or hinders my going to sleep.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@mustardness
I'll try that if my doctor fails me again. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why do you think I was an atheist? Because I just wanted to rebel? No. I became an atheist when I didn't get an answer.

Don't get mad at Mopac. His personality is legitimately too one dimensional to realize how much of an ass he is being. Ignoring him would be better for both of you than being mad at him.

Beyond that I did read what Poly said regarding the sleep medication. I am a long-suffering insomniac myself and out of the several things I have tried for that a combination of melatonin and careful structuring of my pre/post sleeping hours was the most useful. It sounds like your doc sucks, I also agree with Poly about seeing a different doctor if you are able to do so. As a personal preference I like the hospital experience better but the most important thing is that whoever you are seeing is not a dip-ass.

As for the job, I would estimate that your youth is probably one reason for the lack of respect your employer is showing you. If the job pays decently well or you have some other reason to stay then I would say suck it up. Young people are treated like shit at the work place, get over it. If it is just a crappy little part-time gig to pay the bills though then you might consider finding new work. No guarantee that the new employer will be any better but I can tell you from experience that walking into the office of a boss that simultaneously tells you that you are critical to their operations yet also treats you poorly and delivering your two-weeks notice to them and telling them you found a better gig is a very therapeutic feeling.

"Every day it gets a little easier.

But you gotta do it every day - that’s the hard part.

But it does get easier."
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Didn't really disagree with that apart from this:
"Every day it gets a little easier.
But you gotta do it every day - that’s the hard part.
But it does get easier."
I would say that is false. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I understand what you mean. You don't think I do, and I know exactly why you don't think I do, but I do.

Hopefully one day you'll understand what I mean.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I understand what you mean. You don't think I do, and I know exactly why you don't think I do, but I do.

Hopefully one day you'll understand what I mean.
I hope I do but I can't say for sure. 

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Unfortunately I don't have any tips (at the moment). But I can tell you you're not alone. I'm going through something similar, so I feel for ya!
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
god doesn’t help people who do not make an attempt to follow. Praying for him won’t help

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don't feel like an ass for giving real advice.

You think I am an ass because you hate my religion. You hate it without understanding it. 

But Christ suffered even for your sake, though you revile Him. He suffered because of His great love for you and for all mankind. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Unlike Wylted, I'm unclear as to how an employer owes you anything here. The employer is actually very kind to not have fired you already given that this is a repeating thing.

The fault may well be with this psychiatrist you speak of and if you lack the funds to find a better one, that can become a trap indeed.

Your worrying about the mental illness will trigger it more but this is not to say don't worry. If this is literally the worst case scenario, emphysemsa, you wouldn't suddenly become sane for months. You need to be more specific to get advice though, as the advice for someone who is a schizophrenic obsessed with government agents out to get them is a totally different case to one who feels so terribly sad and angry that they lashed out aggressively at their roommate because they failed an exam that the friend asked them how they did on.

You want advice but your issue is too vague to give any on.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Mopac
Outplayz
Outplayz
Ask for seroquel. If that shit doesn't knock you out... i'll recommend something stronger. 

As for your work... i suggest buying the book "48 Laws of Power" and understand it.  

I don't want to give you any other advice bc of the way you act online... i don't know if you are pretending or truly are how you are... but, from what i gather, your online self, you are looking at the world through dark (negative) colored glasses... figure yourself out is the best thing i can say at this point. Seems to me everyone is an asshole that's around you... that's weird and would make me question how much of it is bc of you.